Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite breed of dog? Pics welcome

Commander PK

Sorry don't mean it in a condescending way but i think you might be looking for too much out of your potential dog. Id research basic dog types but go off of their nature (hopefully after interacting with them then their breed pedigree).

Also as a student can you afford to take care of a dog? My lovely lab has cost me close to 1.5k this year alone on medical bills. All of them were unexpected but every trip to the vet alone is basically at least 300 bucks.

Might I suggest waiting a bit? One of my biggest problems now is always missing work happy hours and other events because I have to rush home to let me dog out or feed her. Not to mention getting someone to watch her when I do go on vacation is expensive.

It's not the same as having a kid but it is pretty close. They need and deserve tons of attention and time.

Well, I have to wait whether I want to or not. The place I'm living next year doesn't allow pets, so I wouldn't be in the market until at least next summer. It's going to be a while one way or the other because there are so many breeds out there. I'm going to have to do a lot of searching. Like I said, though, I feel bad not getting a rescue dog considering the terrible life they would have without me. I will have to save up some extra money in case of any emergencies. Is your lab alright? That seems like several trips to the vet.

I know I've posted pics of them before, but here are my babies. Delilah (white/brown) on the left (was told she's a pit/lab mix) and Diogi (black/brown) on the right (was told he's a shep/lab mix). The three of us first met on December 27, 2002 here at the local SPCA. Lilah' was approx. 9 weeks old, Ogi was approx. 7 weeks old. The three of us have been together ever since. :)

Well, I have to wait whether I want to or not. The place I'm living next year doesn't allow pets, so I wouldn't be in the market until at least next summer. It's going to be a while one way or the other because there are so many breeds out there. I'm going to have to do a lot of searching. Like I said, though, I feel bad not getting a rescue dog considering the terrible life they would have without me. I will have to save up some extra money in case of any emergencies. Is your lab alright? That seems like several trips to the vet.

Yeah she is fine just had a couple times where she felt like eating things she shouldn't. I then wanted all the tests to make sure she was ok.

where did she get her dog, capt? how old is she?

Fluffly is 7 and a friend of hers dropped her off to HokieGirl to dog sit a year ago and never came back. She said they got her from a breeder in Northern Virginia. Sweetest dog in the world. I get a kick out of the tail wagging. it's not the tail wagging, it's the whole back half of the dog wagging. Now that is happy.:)

That video is adorable and reminds me of my old golden retriever, Sandy, who died a few years back. She would always prop her head up on the bottom shelf of the coffee table or pretty much anything else she could find, putting herself in the most uncomfortable position imaginable. But she looked so content!

One of my parents' goldens now always manages to squish herself in between their two couches such that her head is almost burrowing back into her chest. Again, looks so uncomfortable but she does it every night!

Yep. That seems like a golden thing. My old roomates back in the early 90's had 4 total. 1 they had to put down back in 91 due to megaesophagus,but they then turned around and bought two more puppies so we had 3 big ones running around the house for awhile. :) One thing they had in common was finding that most uncomfortable position possible to sleep in. Which at times,coincidentally enough,was right on top of my legs or an arm or something.

You'd love my Hobbs :) Golden/Collie mix.
Great looking dog. One of my mom's Border Collies some years ago was named Hobbes.

I have four dogs now but here are two of them.

The second one is Simon. He is a Golden Gordon. ( golden retriever/gordon setter mix at 105 pounds ) and the old boy is the epitome of a chlled out doggy. He aint' into that puppy stuff anymore so the two pups tend to drive him nuts at time. ( although I have seen him play with them when he thinks nobody is watching)

The first is the youngest, her name is Sasha and she is a chow/husky mix.

At 6 months old, she is nearly 60 pounds and showing no sign of slowing down.

Fluffly is 7 and a friend of hers dropped her off to HokieGirl to dog sit a year ago and never came back. She said they got her from a breeder in Northern Virginia. Sweetest dog in the world. I get a kick out of the tail wagging. it's not the tail wagging, it's the whole back half of the dog wagging. Now that is happy.:)

Iis she a golden/collie mix? She looks SO much like Hobbs it's crazy. I got Hobbs in the spring of '05 from a shelter in Staunton, VA, and he was a little over a year old. He's the SWEETEST dog, but is a little afraid of men :( So easygoing and loveable, though.

Hobbs's whole back of his body wags when he wags his tail, too:)

I really wonder if they are related.

Archived