Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell traded to the Bills? Marshall to the Skins? pure speculation.

Deadeye Dunkan

Who cares about talent level if that talent is turning into good play on the field?

Vernon Golston is talented. It means nothing. Production of the field is what matter.

Blache was a terrible defensive coordinator, if you dont see that then you are just blind. Blache had players playing out of position and seemed to care little for Discipline. Landry is 25, had a great rookie year, under GW i might add, and had a solid year to follow but he regressed majorly after that, to me that is just coaching and not you or any other ES member will change my mind. :)

Keep Campbell (and Landry) trade down for extra pick(s), draft CJ Spiller, and use the rest of the picks on O-Line and LB. To me, this would be a much better scenario

Anyone who even considers drafting Spiller above, say, 16 is out of touch with reality (at least in regards to the NFL).

RB is NOT a premier position anymore. Look at LT and Westbrook getting cut this week. LT is BARELY 30. Westbrook is 30. We will likely cut Portis - Portis is 28.

Running backs simply do not have the shelf-life anymore - that's why teams are platooning them more and more - and they can fall off a cliff in a second. I won't be surprised if AP is done by 29, because he has a very violent running style.

Defenders are bigger and faster, you don't need a stud RB to have an effective rushing attack, and even the best RBs are washed up by 30. The ROI just isn't there for the position anymore.

Essentially, that's a recipe for 9-7 and a first round exit. Assuming Spiller is actually good.

Keep Campbell (and Landry) trade down for extra pick(s), draft CJ Spiller, and use the rest of the picks on O-Line and LB. To me, this would be a much better scenario.

Unless Vinny is running someones draft you will not find a trade partner that is dumb enough to trade UP to the 4th spot. The only way we get out of the 4th pick is if Suh somehow, magically, drops to the 4th pick. While I agree with you in principle that, ideally, we would trade out of the 4th spot I just dont see it happening.

Blache was a terrible defensive coordinator, if you dont see that then you are just blind. Blache had players playing out of position and seemed to care little for Discipline. Landry is 25, had a great rookie year, under GW i might add, and had a solid year to follow but he regressed majorly after that, to me that is just coaching and not you or any other ES member will change my mind. :)

I don't know if Blache was terrible, but I won't miss him either. He was OK, but damn stubborn, which to me is his weakness. I think Landry will flourish in the proper system and with the proper guidance. Getting rid of him is a mistake (at least for now).

Far from it. Most of the people who support Jason are rational, level-headed fans who can see the benefit in trading Jason and getting value in return.

Agree, I have always said that I have no problem replacing JC. Just make sure you bring someone in that is better than he is.

Edit: That said, this whole thing doesn't make sense from the standpoint of next season.

What I mean by that is why trade JC? I see the other trades, but not the one with JC. Both Allen and Shanny have stated that they do not want to rebuild. Dumping JC equals rebuilding. And, please having TC and Colt means rebuilding. Also, keeping JC does not mean not drafting a future replacement QB.

Just wait til after the combine I expect to see alot more of these Skins players to so and so threads.......We were 4-12 so alot of our pieces are expendable and there are some good FA acqusitions we can make to retool and add depth as well as the draft! MAn I'm hyped!

Or he could be another Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers. That argument works both ways. :)

Duh.;)

Both have more questions than Manning did for sure though. If it was Manning, I'd trade UP to get him. Some people are sold that Bradford is the 2nd coming of Christ though, and I say that's nuts. He's a project that might be a good qb in a couple years. Might. Or he might end up like most spread QB's. El Sucko.

Agree, I have always said that I have no problem replacing JC. Just make sure you bring someone in that is better than he is.

Edit: That said, this whole thing doesn't make sense from the standpoint of next season.

What I mean by that is why trade JC? I see the other trades, but not the one with JC. Both Allen and Shanny have stated that they do not want to rebuild. Dumping JC equals rebuilding. And, please having TC and Colt means rebuilding. Also, keeping JC does not mean not drafting a future replacement QB.

i dont believe shanny and allen when they say they dont want to rebuild. its IMPOSSIBLE to get this offense on track without rebuilding, were a horrid unit, you dont just sign some rookie olineman and turn the offense into a contender. its going to take a few years with a lot of new faces, and that = rebuilding.

and to your point about campbell, we'll never know if someone else can do better until we make a move to do so. you guys saying "well we can get rid of him if we can bring in someone better" yet his fans just shoot every other QB down with the exception of brees, brady, or manning, and wont even entertain the idea that another QB might play better.

its a catch 22, because most of his supporters will say "sure, bring in someone better" but the only guys they think are better are the dudes with 100 million dollar contract, pure franchise QBs that are locked into multi year deals.

Just wait til after the combine I expect to see alot more of these Skins players to so and so threads.......We were 4-12 so alot of our pieces are expendable and there are some good FA acqusitions we can make to retool and add depth as well as the draft! MAn I'm hyped!

It appears that Allen is doing a lot of talking behind the scenes trying to upgrade the team. It also appears he is looking for the right situation, players and compensation in which to acquire talent.

I like the chatter and the fact that it appears that Allen will not pull the trigger until he has something he likes.

Unless Vinny is running someones draft you will not find a trade partner that is dumb enough to trade UP to the 4th spot. The only way we get out of the 4th pick is if Suh somehow, magically, drops to the 4th pick. While I agree with you in principle that, ideally, we would trade out of the 4th spot I just dont see it happening.

Sadly, I think you're right. I just have a feeling these "hot shot" QB's that everyone seems to drool over are gonna be a bunch of bust. What do I know though?

Duh.;)

Both have more questions than Manning did for sure though. If it was Manning, I'd trade UP to get him. Some people are sold that Bradford is the 2nd coming of Christ though, and I say that's nuts. He's a project that might be a good qb in a couple years. Might. Or he might end up like most spread QB's. El Sucko.

Drafting a quarterback is always going to be an inexact science. In 1998 the Colts FO said that they were torn between drafting Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf. It's not always immediately apparent how successful a quarterback is going to be.

i dont believe shanny and allen when they say they dont want to rebuild. its IMPOSSIBLE to get this offense on track without rebuilding, were a horrid unit, you dont just sign some rookie olineman and turn the offense into a contender. its going to take a few years with a lot of new faces, and that = rebuilding.

and to your point about campbell, we'll never know if someone else can do better until we make a move to do so. you guys saying "well we can get rid of him if we can bring in someone better" yet his fans just shoot every other QB down with the exception of brees, brady, or manning, and wont even entertain the idea that another QB might play better.

its a catch 22, because most of his supporters will say "sure, bring in someone better" but the only guys they think are better are the dudes with 100 million dollar contract, pure franchise QBs that are locked into multi year deals.

I think you argued my point. JC is an average NFL QB. To get better you have to find a QB that is better than average. People bash JC and want him gone, but simply claim one or both of the college QB's will be better.

That's ok, life is about chances and taking a chance on one of them may or may not succeed.

Also, that is your opinion that this coaching staff can't turn this team around. I have no idea if they can, but I bet the coaches and FO think they can and plan on winning more games then they lose. It appears you don't like that scenario, but that is ok.

And, why not keep JC, and draft a QB with the fourth pick. Seems the best of both worlds. I would rather find a QB with the 2nd round pick and later, but that is just me.

It appears that Allen is doing a lot of talking behind the scenes trying to upgrade the team. It also appears he is looking for the right situation, players and compensation in which to acquire talent.

I like the chatter and the fact that it appears that Allen will not pull the trigger until he has something he likes.

Do you think a JC, learning a new system, is better than a Sage, already knowing the system,as our stop gap QB for the drafted QB of shanny's choice?

I think you argued my point. JC is an average NFL QB. To get better you have to find a QB that is better than average. People bash JC and want him gone, but simply claim one or both of the college QB's will be better.

That's ok, life is about chances and taking a chance on one of them may or may not succeed.

Also, that is your opinion that this coaching staff can't turn this team around. I have no idea if they can, but I bet the coaches and FO think they can and plan on winning more games then they lose. It appears you don't like that scenario, but that is ok.

And, why not keep JC, and draft a QB with the fourth pick. Seems the best of both worlds. I would rather find a QB with the 2nd round pick and later, but that is just me.

JC = losing in my opinion. all hes ever done here is lose, and i dont see that changing now. so keeping him on the rosters is dedicating yourself to the "status quo" which bruce allen said was unacceptable. campbell has been one of the biggest constants on offense, so a change is definitely necessary.

IMO its not hard to find an average NFL QB. it seems as though you think finding an average NFL QB is difficult, i do not. campbell is not important to this team. even if you wanna say hes average, yippie, that still doesnt get us anywhere in the long run. why settle for average when you could try something else? maybe it works out better? maybe chad pennington could play much better here? its the settling for the status quo of JC thats painful IMO. we just went 4-12, had a dreadful offense, yet some of you want to keep the QB. good QBs dont go 4-12 in their 5th year, no matter who theyre surrounded by.

and i dont think its possible to turn it around that quickly. maybe im wrong, maybe allen and shanny can flip this thing to 11-5 next year with some tweaks and better playcalling, but with our offensive line problems and QB problems and potential runningback problems are going to make it difficult to turn it around that much.

Drafting a quarterback is always going to be an inexact science. In 1998 the Colts FO said that they were torn between drafting Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf. It's not always immediately apparent how successful a quarterback is going to be.

I honestly though Leaf was gonna bust. For me Manning was a now brainer. But......I'm a UT homer as well, and that did factor in.:evilg: For me though, it was Peytons' work ethic and attitude that did it for me. I knew he would max his potential.

Archived