Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell traded to the Bills? Marshall to the Skins? pure speculation.

Deadeye Dunkan

if you're quoting Fired Up, then all i can say is 'niiiiice'. if not, i'm a loser who enjoys dumb comedies.

also - yeah, i'm a homer. i support the team. and i mean the entire team. my bad. :)

well, i am also a loser who loves dumb comedies. fired up was hilarious. :D

JC is a solid quarterback. He is getting better each year, which is what you want. He is big with a strong arm, which is what you want. The intangibles like IQ and leadership... some of that is coming with experience. The bottom line is you have a quarterback that you can win games with... but you don't have an OL that can. Fix the OL, and call me in the morning.
I use to say the very same thing that you just said in your quote.

However, I recently asked myself a question that I probably should have asked myself a long time ago; can Jason Campbell lead the Washington Redskins to the Super Bowl?

i still think collins should have gotten 4 games last season to see if we could spark the offense. zorn was just so stubborn and stupid that he refused to change anything up.

Or maybe he wasn't actually a better alternative to Campbell...what spark did he provide in the Chiefs game?

i think were the only team in the top 8 of the draft that didnt attempt a QB switch, aside from the chiefs who paid 60 mil for a guy.

I am not sure what you're getting at here, considering Campbell thoroughly outplayed all of them. Save Tampa and Detroit -- anyone of the top 10 teams in the draft would probably take Campbell in a heartbeat over what they have...

Or maybe he wasn't actually a better alternative to Campbell...what spark did he provide in the Chiefs game?

I am not sure what you're getting at here, considering Campbell thoroughly outplayed all of them. Save Tampa and Detroit -- anyone of the top 10 teams in the draft would probably take Campbell in a heartbeat over what they have...

any sane coaching staff would have yanked campbell after the 1st dallas game and inserted another human being to see if anything could be changed. he'd never have been able to amass his numbers in meaningless games after that. he had 10 TDs and 9 INTs at the point in the season, and we were sitting at 3-7, having put up 6 points against dallas.

but again, zorn was a moron, and felt compelled to let campbell continue losing games. which is what happened. only thing that changed were his TD numbers went up a little due to 3 games.

and thats not true at all about other teams taking campbell. the lions would pick stafford, the bucs would take freeman, the cheifs would take cassel, the seahawks would take hasselbeck, the jags would take garrard. about the only teams that might want campbell are buffalo, st louis, oakland, and maybe cleveland ive theyve given up on quinn.

we only had the TOP lead in 5 games this season, we won 2 of them. all of the other games, we lost TOP. so for the two examples i used, even though we held the ball longer and "kept drives alive" they were junk time meaningless drives.

so for example again, in the eagles game, in the 4th quarter, we were down by 17 points, the game was essentially over. yet we held the ball for 9 minutes in the 4th quarter. this is meaningless TOP. when the game mattered early on, our offense did jack. not until the game was over did we start holding the ball for longer.

i understand what you are saying. but the 67 yard run by jackson happened on the first drive of the game. and the 57 yard bomb to jackson was in the first half.

hard to blame that on the O, especially the first one. i'm an equal opportunity blamer- when the D sucks and gives up big plays, i say so. when campbell sucks, i say so.

same deal in the falcons game. i think we had the ball for about 11 or 12 minutes in the 4th quarter, yet it means 0 because the game was out of reach.

so to clarify: the offense couldnt keep the defense off the field when the game was in reach, however they had no problem sustaining drives in junk time in the 4th quarter. lol

thats not a good example either. not only did the falcons open up the game with a near 6 minute opening drive (followed by 2 unsuccessful runs and a sack of campbell), theres this -

Michael Turner put the offense on his shoulders and carried the Falcons to victory. He finished with 166 rushing yards and his 58-yard touchdown run midway through the fourth quarter put the game away. Washington had dominated the second half to that point, with two long scoring drives, but Turner's dash changed the momentum.

turner not only rushes for 166 yards against our D that you insist is great, he puts the game away on a 56 yarder after 2 LONG (key word there) scoring drives by the O.

if losing by 14 points, being down 24-3 at halftime, and never having a lead once in the game is "almost winning" then we sure did!! LOL

I was asking a serious question, yet you seem to always answer in some sarcastic way.

From what I remember we got within 7 points in the 4th quarter while we dominated the TOP and came back strong in the 2nd.

any sane coaching staff would have yanked campbell after the 1st dallas game and inserted another human being to see if anything could be changed. he'd never have been able to amass his numbers in meaningless games after that. he had 10 TDs and 9 INTs at the point in the season, and we were sitting at 3-7, having put up 6 points against dallas.

So you think Collins could have done better? How many games would you say he lost, single-handed?

but again, zorn was a moron

Yes, yes he was. I won't debate that...

and thats not true at all about other teams taking campbell. the lions would pick stafford, the bucs would take freeman, the cheifs would take cassel, the seahawks would take hasselbeck, the jags would take garrard. about the only teams that might want campbell are buffalo, st louis, oakland, and maybe cleveland ive theyve given up on quinn.

Definitely Cleveland...you're so blinded by hate to see that Campbell played better than every single one of those QBs last year. Probably with less around him.

I was asking a serious question, yet you seem to always answer in some sarcastic way.

it is tough to have an actual conversation at times around here, isnt it?

From what I remember we got within 7 points in the 4th quarter while we dominated the TOP and came back strong in the 2nd.

we did. that was the game where our O started resembling a real O, i believe. turner rushed for 166, including a 58 yarder after the skins got within 7. it was closer than the final score indicated.

well, he couldve have taken it two ways.

one, he assumes that you have seen the game is mind boggled that you would say stuff like that or two, he assumes that you actually didnt see the game and is asking if we really did almost win the game.

given that we are all skins fans, he probably went with former.

JaMarcus Russell is one but a lot out there? Don't think so.

Wow you thought long and hard about that one didn't you...

Campbell would be a definite improvement to the following teams:

Oakland

Buffalo

Carolina

St. Louis

Arizona

Minnesota (if Favre retires)

Carolina would have most definitely made the playoffs with Campbell over Delholmme.

He would be a debatable upgrade in:

Seattle

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Denver

KC

San Fransisco

I left off Detroit, TB, NYJ and Miami b/c their young QBs have a lot of promise and their potential is higher than Campbell's

Oakland

Buffalo

Carolina

St. Louis

Arizona

Carolina would have most definitely made the playoffs with Campbell over Delholmme.

Seattle

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Denver

KC

San Fransisco

I left off Detroit, TB, NYJ and Miami b/c their young QBs have a lot of promise and their potential is higher than Campbell's

Really? He couldn't beat some of those teams last season whom you think are inferior at QB.

My favorite is Carolina would have made the playoffs with JC, that one belongs in what is the dumbest thing you have ever heard a fan say thread.

What is this morbid clinging to JC being a legitimate QB? Russell may be the one QB in the league who's worse, he missed all of training camp his rookie year, and didn't play most of the reg. season, last season was his second season starting and some how he's far worse than JC? JC in whom after 5 seasons may be slightly ahead of Russell? The only thing separating the 2 is JC's willingness to at least work at being a better QB, which has resulted in him being slightly better than the worst QB in the league.

Oakland, Buffalo, St. Louis, Minnesota sans Favre

I'd agree with this. But then it gets ugly.

Carolina

No. Matt Moore's stretch to end the season was better than ANY stretch Campbell has ever had.

Arizona

Questionable. I don't think I'm ready to write off Leinart.

Yes, but they would have made it if Matt Moore had started the entire season, so that's moot.

Seattle

Over a healthy Matt Hasselbeck? No.

Tennessee

are you on crack

I guess if you completely ignored VY as a rushing threat, but VY is imo on par with Campbell as a passer, except a lot more clutch. Also, 25-13 as a starter or something like that.

Jacksonville

Maybe, but probably not.

Denver

Josh McDaniels TURNED DOWN CAMPBELL to get Orton. You HAVE to be kidding me.

KC

Maybe, Cassel is a bit of a system guy anyway.

San Fransisco

Not really, no. They're both mediocre, but Smith is less mediocre.

Really? He couldn't beat some of those teams last season whom you think are inferior at QB.

Once again -- all Campbell's fault that the line can't block' date=' Rogers/Hall/Landry have no clue what "double move" even means...

And yes Campbell "lost" to Carolina -- but I don't recall who it was that couldn't tackle the same Delhomme on that crucial play...was that Campbell playing both ways?!

My favorite is Carolina would have made the playoffs with JC, that one belongs in what is the dumbest thing you have ever heard a fan say thread.

Really? 'Cause I feel the same way about that assessment, esp. considering Carolina finished 8-8 with THIS at QB:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1693

Matt Moore came in Wk 13, went 3-1. You really don't think Campbell could have replicated that, give the better O-line, running game, defense?

What is this morbid clinging to JC being a legitimate QB?

What better option is there right now? Really. Of all the list of problems this team faces, QB is hardly top of the list. What? You want to throw Bradford or Clausen behind that line? Chalk that one up for another one of the dumbest thing a fan has said...

But the way some people go on and on about horrible Campbell is -- they ignore just about every other MAJOR issue and just simple-mindedly drop all of the blame at Campbell's feet...and then create 42 threads about it...

Oakland

Buffalo

Carolina

St. Louis

Arizona

Buffalo for sure. I'd move Arizona and St, Louis to the debateable section. Leinert needs to play, and, if Bulger stays and is healthy, I don't think they'd want Campbell. The rest would't improve with Campbell. Oakland has Gradkowski, and Carolina has Matt Moore. Both did very well (Moore, extremely) when they replaced the starters.

Tarvaris Jackson is openly mocked here, but, to finish out '08, performed at a level Campbell could only dream of. Sure, he folded like a tent in the playoffs, but I don't think I need to say anything about Campbell and the playoffs.

Oakland

Buffalo

Carolina

St. Louis

Arizona

Seattle

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Denver

KC

San Fransisco

As others have said I see Oakland and maybe Buffalo but that's it.

Archived