Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell traded to the Bills? Marshall to the Skins? pure speculation.

Deadeye Dunkan

Before Ryan was drafted to Falcons did White step up to that point ( and he had Vick for one year)?

Yes he did actually. The second Vick left Whites numbers shot up from 30 catches and 500 yards with Vick to 83 catches and 1200 yards with a combination of Joey Harrington, Chris Redman and Byron Leftwich under centre. He had Vick for two years by the way.

I think Ryan will be a good QB for a long time but White is helping make him not the other way around.

By the way those stats of White are one of the reasons you should not want Mike Vick anywhere close to a Redskins uniform if you want to see any production out of our wide receivers.

I can respect that you have a man crush for Bradford and I also think he can be good. i just think picking him at #4 is a severe reach. I also think we can pick up Colt McCoy in the 2nd or a quality QB prospect in the 4th rounds also.

What I really feel is that we trade back get C.J. Spiller, Colt McCoy, and focus on the OLINE and pick up a OLB in free agency. Bradford doesn't seem very durable to me. I think he would've been out for the season had he taken the beaten that JC took last year. I don't know maybe he will do great or maybe not, I just think 4th is a reach to get him with all the question marks. Will I be upset if we get him? NO......... But Portis isn't the back he was, Betts had a VERY bad injury, and the other guy is a journeyman. So we also have a need at RB (C.J. Spiller if we trade back) and he's still on the board. Shannahan system does great for RB's like him.

But this team needs help in soooooo many areas, and I trust Shannahan will make the right moves.

RED06

And you don't have any reservations about Spillers durability? At last look Colt McCoy wasn't throwing much these day's either. Colt M. is not in the same league as Bradford or Clausen.

From what I can gather Bradford has had only 1 injury in his career, and he should heal 100%, there have been bigger risks than that playing in the NFL. And to think another QB would be sacked with the same frequency as JC, is to think no other QB could possibly make a quicker read and get rid of the ball and avoid many of those sacks.

I'd rather get a draft pick or an Olinemen for Campbell. I haven't watched Whitner, but safety is not a pressing need, even if the guy could bounce back from "disappointment" status....

I still think Campbell has got to be worth a 2nd rounder to someone. What I don't want to see is trading cambell and a pick for a higher pick. This only works in the skins favor if it's Campbell and a 5/6/7 for a #2 or higher. The team needs as many 1/2/3 rd. picks as possible to infuse a bunch of talent into the Oline. Of course trading campbell basically means that the #4 is going to a QB....

I'd rather get a draft pick or an Olinemen for Campbell. I haven't watched Whitner, but safety is not a pressing need, even if the guy could bounce back from "disappointment" status....

I still think Campbell has got to be worth a 2nd rounder to someone. What I don't want to see is trading cambell and a pick for a higher pick. This only works in the skins favor if it's Campbell and a 5/6/7 for a #2 or higher. The team needs as many 1/2/3 rd. picks as possible to infuse a bunch of talent into the Oline. Of course trading campbell basically means that the #4 is going to a QB....

IMO a 2nd is a dream but I'd take it in a heartbeat :)

Yeah ok! I think we where talking about his like for Sanchez over Jason Campbell and I pointed out some of Sanchez flaws this year. We all know that we would prefer Manning over JC and Sanchez but Manning wasn't brought up in the discussion nor do I want to bring him in the discussion.

RED06

I think Sanchez will be a very good QB. He had three really bad games last year where he threw a bunch of ints. Look at his season as a whole and I think he was very successful. As far as who is better between him and Campbell I don't think anyone can say for certain. Sanchez is a rookie and Campbell has had 4 O-Coordinators in the last four years.

And you don't have any reservations about Spillers durability? At last look Colt McCoy wasn't throwing much these day's either. Colt M. is not in the same league as Bradford or Clausen.

From what I can gather Bradford has had only 1 injury in his career' date=' and he should heal 100%, there have been bigger risks than that playing in the NFL. And to think another QB would be sacked with the same frequency as JC, is to think no other QB could possibly make a quicker read and get rid of the ball and avoid many of those sacks.[/quote']

I can see where you're going with Spiller, but my thinking is we need a homerun threat in the backfield that we don't have as of right now. Spiller is that if we can get him via a trade back along with a couple of OLINEMAN. I also feel like Clausen or Bradford is a reach and a bad one at that 4th. Spiller will make teams respect that "take it to the house threat" that he "potentially" has. He is NOT an everydown back, but what back in the NFL is these days. Everyone needs a 1-2 punch at the RB position, but it starts with the OLINE!

Bradford was injured twice by the way on that same shoulder, as a matter of fact he was injured the first hit he took after he returned from being injured the first time. But he was a good QB in college which doesn't necessarily translate to being good in the NFL, if we get him hopefully he can be good.

I will say that I support Jason Campbell but I also like the fact that Shannahan isn't giving him or anyone else the starting position, rather make them compete and earn it. Whether Campbell is the starting QB or not I will support 100% the starting QB for the Skins because its my (our) team. JC is a good QB (a middle of the road QB) that Shannahan may pull the best out of. or maybe not who knows. but i won't be mad either way whether its JC or whom ever.

RED06

I think Sanchez will be a very good QB. He had three really bad games last year where he threw a bunch of ints. Look at his season as a whole and I think he was very successful. As far as who is better between him and Campbell I don't think anyone can say for certain. Sanchez is a rookie and Campbell has had 4 O-Coordinators in the last four years.

My brother of the Burgundy & Gold Mark Sanchez was NOT "very successful", if you think 12 TD's, 20 INT's with a 2.9 yards avg at 53.8% compl rate and a 63.0 PR is successful then I don't know what else to say.

Now he was a rookie so I will take that into consideration but, he had the luxury of a good running game and a great defense, and a good OLINE so I can't really say what his numbers would have looked like playing behind this (Redskins) OLINE last year with no running game and a severely over hyped defense that let a few games get away from us by not being able to close games out.

JC has flaws too that needs to be fixed and I think Shannahan is the man that can do it. He will either rise to the task or not. Who knows............

RED06

I can see where you're going with Spiller, but my thinking is we need a homerun threat in the backfield that we don't have as of right now. Spiller is that if we can get him via a trade back along with a couple of OLINEMAN. I also feel like Clausen or Bradford is a reach and a bad one at that 4th. Spiller will make teams respect that "take it to the house threat" that he "potentially" has. He is NOT an everydown back, but what back in the NFL is these days. Everyone needs a 1-2 punch at the RB position, but it starts with the OLINE!

Bradford was injured twice by the way on that same shoulder, as a matter of fact he was injured the first hit he took after he returned from being injured the first time. But he was a good QB in college which doesn't necessarily translate to being good in the NFL, if we get him hopefully he can be good.

I will say that I support Jason Campbell but I also like the fact that Shannahan isn't giving him or anyone else the starting position, rather make them compete and earn it. Whether Campbell is the starting QB or not I will support 100% the starting QB for the Skins because its my (our) team. JC is a good QB (a middle of the road QB) that Shannahan may pull the best out of. or maybe not who knows. but i won't be mad either way whether its JC or whom ever.

RED06

How can you say that Bradford is a reach at 4? I can see Clausen being a reach their. You have to remember that Bradford would have been the number one overall pick last year and he will probally will be this year. Your right a good college QB doesn't always translate in to a good NFL QB but in Bradford's case thats not an issue. Bradford's intagibles, pin point accuracy along with an off the cart Football IQ will transtlate to the next level. And no Bradford got hurt the second game returning in the red river shot out.

Lets hope JC doesn't get his pannies in a bunch with a QB competion.

RED06

Well SB's 2nd injury was basically him playing without being fully healed from the 1st so I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the 2nd time he hurt it, he just wasn't ready physically to play.

I like Spiller but look at some highlights of Best, he is hands down the Best [no pun intended] back in the draft, the kid will be electric and couldn't be more perfect for MS's run game. Spiller is just not an every down type player, I think he will need to play in space.

I don't see us picking an O-tackle with #4, but with the talent level in the top 4 players we may have an opportunity to pick up some nice picks by trading down, I would be happy with any of the big 4, but we have so many needs that we can't fix all of them in 1 draft, we need to pick an area and strengthen it. Colt B. could be a huge factor in which way we approach this draft. With that said I would have no problem if we some how came away with best.

Watch this clip and tell me you don't think he's perfect for what MS wants to do in his running game? Best is a 2000 yd back waiting to happen under MS, he compares favorably to Chris Johnson, not quite as fast but cut's quicker which is exactly what MS's zone blocking requires, and no one is catching him once he gets to the 2nd level.

How can you say that Bradford is a reach at 4? I can see Clausen being a reach their. You have to remember that Bradford would have been the number one overall pick last year and he will probally will be this year. Your right a good college QB doesn't always translate in to a good NFL QB but in Bradford's case thats not an issue. Bradford's intagibles, pin point accuracy along with an off the cart Football IQ will transtlate to the next level. And no Bradford got hurt the second game returning in the red river shot out.

Lets hope JC doesn't get his pannies in a bunch with a QB competion.

Im not saying he won't be good, but at the same time I don't understand how anyone can say he will be for sure. Its a crap shoot because his football IQ can't actually play the game for him. He hasn't played 1 NFL game yet so for me the jury is still out.........................

And yes I do feel like he will be a severe reach at #4 because we're NOT in "COMPLETE DIAR NEED" of a QB. That gives us the luxury of maybe picking one in the 2nd round to challenge JC and bringing in a VET to challenge him also for the starting QB position and focus on OLINE, RB, and LB which are the areas we're hurting the most.

RED06

Well SB's 2nd injury was basically him playing without being fully healed from the 1st so I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the 2nd time he hurt it' date=' he just wasn't ready physically to play.

I like Spiller but look at some highlights of Best, he is hands down the Best [no pun intended'] back in the draft, the kid will be electric and couldn't be more perfect for MS's run game. Spiller is just not an every down type player, I think he will need to play in space.

I don't see us picking an O-tackle with #4, but with the talent level in the top 4 players we may have an opportunity to pick up some nice picks by trading down, I would be happy with any of the big 4, but we have so many needs that we can't fix all of them in 1 draft, we need to pick an area and strengthen it. Colt B. could be a huge factor in which way we approach this draft. With that said I would have no problem if we some how came away with best.

Hammerin Hog my friend I have to say I like Best ALOT! So I will say him, Spiller, OLINE, LB, late round QB, and a VET to challenge JC for the starting QB job would be great providing we can trade back.

But I'm in agreement with you that JC needs to be challenged for the starting QB position PERIOD!

I havea new Best friend thanks to you HHog, thanks my brother

RED06

Watch this clip and tell me you don't think he's perfect for what MS wants to do in his running game? Best is a 2000 yd back waiting to happen under MS, he compares favorably to Chris Johnson, not quite as fast but cut's quicker which is exactly what MS's zone blocking requires, and no one is catching him once he gets to the 2nd level.

Well SB's 2nd injury was basically him playing without being fully healed from the 1st so I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the 2nd time he hurt it' date=' he just wasn't ready physically to play.

I like Spiller but look at some highlights of Best, he is hands down the Best [no pun intended'] back in the draft, the kid will be electric and couldn't be more perfect for MS's run game. Spiller is just not an every down type player, I think he will need to play in space.

I like Best ALOT HHog, I mean ALOT! I think we should focus on OLINE, RB, LB, and a late round QB in the draft. But pick up a VET to challenge JC for the starting QB position. I would be very happy with Spiller or this kid Best because Clinton isn't a homerun threat out the backfield anymore. Actually NO RB on our roster is and you need that in todays NFL.

We need competition across the board at EVERY position, to me that will make the team ALOT better. But i have a new "Best" friend HHOG thanks Bro.

RED06

I like Best ALOT HHog, I mean ALOT! I think we should focus on OLINE, RB, LB, and a late round QB in the draft. But pick up a VET to challenge JC for the starting QB position. I would be very happy with Spiller or this kid Best because Clinton isn't a homerun threat out the backfield anymore. Actually NO RB on our roster is and you need that in todays NFL.

We need competition across the board at EVERY position, to me that will make the team ALOT better. But i have a new "Best" friend HHOG thanks Bro.

RED06

I can't remember MS taking big time O-lineman early, his philosophy is taking smaller quick lineman, if that turns out to be the case then we will address the O-line later in the draft, with that said he also doesn't believe in big time backs out of college. 1 thing we do know he will go after what he believes is a big time QB.

Im not saying he won't be good, but at the same time I don't understand how anyone can say he will be for sure. Its a crap shoot because his football IQ can't actually play the game for him. He hasn't played 1 NFL game yet so for me the jury is still out.........................

And yes I do feel like he will be a severe reach at #4 because we're NOT in "COMPLETE DIAR NEED" of a QB. That gives us the luxury of maybe picking one in the 2nd round to challenge JC and bringing in a VET to challenge him also for the starting QB position and focus on OLINE, RB, and LB which are the areas we're hurting the most.

RED06

Well nothing is a sure thing in the draft not even Suh or McCoy they could be injury prone through out their whole career. Then by saying that the Jury is out on every player in the draft. Football IQ will help him read and understand defenses better. Bradford's accurcy will help with his ball placement.

JC is not the answer at QB so at some point in time you will have to upgrade and it would be better now then giving up everything to move to the 1 slot to take locker. But when you draft that high and someone like Bradford falls to you and he grades out higher then any other player on the board then no it wolud not be a reach or a bad pick.

Their was a good article written by Rich Tandler explaining that if you have a choice between taking a tackle or QB in the first rd you take the QB then select the tackle in the second rd. When you select a QB in the second the rd the player doesn't really pan out.

Well nothing is a sure thing in the draft not even Suh or McCoy they could be injury prone through out their whole career. Then by saying that the Jury is out on every player in the draft. Football IQ will help him read and understand defenses better. Bradford's accurcy will help with his ball placement.

JC is not the answer at QB so at some point in time you will have to upgrade and it would be better now then giving up everything to move to the 1 slot to take locker. But when you draft that high and someone like Bradford falls to you and he grades out higher then any other player on the board then no it wolud not be a reach or a bad pick.

Their was a good article written by Rich Tandler explaining that if you have a choice between taking a tackle or QB in the first rd you take the QB then select the tackle in the second rd. When you select a QB in the second the rd the player doesn't really pan out.

I honestly can't say whether JC is or not the answer judging by how this team has drafted, wasted free agent signing over the years, not addressing the OLINE in over 10 years through the draft 1st or 2nd rounds, different offenses and coaches etc etc etc. Now I'm not saying he (JC) should be given anything by anymeans but at the same time he is not the biggest concern on this team right now in my opinion.

Can we upgrade at the QB position? Sure we can, but the bigger question is "Is it a NEED? No its not and you always draft the BPA in the draft so they say and Bradford if far from that when you add the entire draft.

Now would Bradford be neccesary for the Rams? Yes because they don't have a QB. Eric Berry if he's there at #4 is a better pick than Bradford, but I don't want Berry either. Trading back is the ideal option to get more picks and go OLINE, RB etc etc etc etc..............

But I do agree with you to a certain degree but not on the JC is NOT the answer thing though because everything here wasn't the answer starting with Cerrato. But they need to fix as much as they can starting with the OLINE...........in my humble opinion

And I'm NOT so sold on the QB's in the second round don't work out because 2 of the top 5 QB's in the league wasn't drafted in either round.....Tom Brady and Tony Romo sits to pee

RED06

I can't remember MS taking big time O-lineman early' date=' his philosophy is taking smaller quick lineman, if that turns out to be the case then we will address the O-line later in the draft, with that said he also doesn't believe in big time backs out of college. 1 thing we do know he will go after what he believes is a big time QB.[/quote']

He's taken two Tackles in the first round. He drafted George Foster in 2003 and Ryan Clady in 2008.

Gottcha.

Just didn't remember him taking a big name. Were they picked later in the 1st rd?

I don't remember Foster, but Clady was taken 12th, and he's turned out to be a gem. He finally gave up his first sack as a LT this past season (his 2nd season in teh Pros), and that too to our very own Orakpo. You can't even fault him for that one.

Gottcha.

Just didn't remember him taking a big name. Were they picked later in the 1st rd?

Clady was selected 12th and Foster was selected 20th. Ryan Clady was a pretty big prospect in 2008. He was the second tackle taken out of the eight that were taken in the first round that year.

I honestly can't say whether JC is or not the answer judging by how this team has drafted, wasted free agent signing over the years, not addressing the OLINE in over 10 years through the draft 1st or 2nd rounds, different offenses and coaches etc etc etc. Now I'm not saying he (JC) should be given anything by anymeans but at the same time he is not the biggest concern on this team right now in my opinion.

Can we upgrade at the QB position? Sure we can, but the bigger question is "Is it a NEED? No its not and you always draft the BPA in the draft so they say and Bradford if far from that when you add the entire draft.

Now would Bradford be neccesary for the Rams? Yes because they don't have a QB. Eric Berry if he's there at #4 is a better pick than Bradford, but I don't want Berry either. Trading back is the ideal option to get more picks and go OLINE, RB etc etc etc etc..............

But I do agree with you to a certain degree but not on the JC is NOT the answer thing though because everything here wasn't the answer starting with Cerrato. But they need to fix as much as they can starting with the OLINE...........in my humble opinion

And I'm NOT so sold on the QB's in the second round don't work out because 2 of the top 5 QB's in the league wasn't drafted in either round.....Tom Brady and Tony Romo sits to pee

RED06

I think if Braford performs well at his pro day I think he will be the first player taken. Its hard to say if he is the best player in the draft I think its neck and neck with suh. I don't know about berry he didn't impress me the last time I saw him against Va Tech. I am just saying since we are drafting this high we should go ahead and draft our future QB and then start building around him and lets get him intergrated with our system.

Your right but JC got thrown in a bad situation and I am just tried of wasting another year on him when we know how this show will end. JC will have a couple of games where he will wow you then he will follow it by having alot stinkers of game.

Yeah buts like finding a needle in a haystack with draftig a QB late or even picking up a UDFA QB.

weve been losers for a long time and we havent had good consistent QB play for a long time.

were going to continue to be losers until we get a franchise QB in here. you can talk about how the oline needs to be fixed and how we need this or that, but at the end of the day, its the QB that dictates how this team plays, not the guy playing left tackle.

so again, until we get a franchise guy, were going to lose or simply be mediocre. i have higher expectations than that, it seems that others simply dont.

I can certainly agree with you on that. We will remain mediocre until we get a Franchise QB.

The flip side is also true. Not even Peyton Manning could win with this team, as it is currently constructed.

Here is something else that will probably make you cry...Campbell was one of our best offensive players last year...with Davis and maybe Moss.

Archived