Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell traded to the Bills? Marshall to the Skins? pure speculation.

Deadeye Dunkan

I can certainly agree with you on that. We will remain mediocre until we get a Franchise QB.

The flip side is also true. Not even Peyton Manning could win with this team, as it is currently constructed.

Here is something else that will probably make you cry...Campbell was one of our best offensive players last year...with Davis and maybe Moss.

sadly, campbell was one of our most productive players last year on offense. you know what that tells me?

our offense is an abomination.

sadly, campbell was one of our most productive players last year on offense. you know what that tells me?

our offense is an abomination.

Anyone who disagrees with that is completely and totally delusional and really should stop smoking crack.

so if we agree that its awful, why should any position be safe and not in need of an upgrade?

I've said that we need an upgrade at the position. I've been all for drafting Bradford or Clausen (I watched a lot of his games -- love his fire. He's so good in the 4th Q).

I get annoyed with the disproportionate hate Campbell gets, the 90 billion threads a day dedicated to that hate...

There is plenty to hate on this team...let's spread it around :)

I can certainly agree with you on that. We will remain mediocre until we get a Franchise QB.

The flip side is also true. Not even Peyton Manning could win with this team, as it is currently constructed.

Here is something else that will probably make you cry...Campbell was one of our best offensive players last year...with Davis and maybe Moss.

Unfortunately the QB dictates where the ball is going and is responsible with who gets it, he is the only offensive guy [besides the center] who has the ball in his hands every play, so to have a QB that isn't your best offensive player is tough to come by, especially one like JC. He can also be responsible for the lack of a dominant WR, and without that downfield passing game it becomes easy for defenses to stack the box and key on the run without a worry of getting burned over the top, it is the universal game plan for JC.

You wont find teams stacking the box and keying the run against Manning, Brady, or Brees.

I've said that we need an upgrade at the position. I've been all for drafting Bradford or Clausen (I watched a lot of his games -- love his fire. He's so good in the 4th Q).

I get annoyed with the disproportionate hate Campbell gets, the 90 billion threads a day dedicated to that hate...

There is plenty to hate on this team...let's spread it around :)

the hate for campbell gets amplified because so many people like him and want him to succeed that they downplay how weak he is. nobody likes anyone on our oline so theres no pity party for two sides to on and on about.

theres no "mike williams would be good if only we had ________" threads. theres no "stephon heyer is much better than he looks" threads. theres no "casey rabach is so underrated, look at the stats on (insert obscure website here)" threads.

everyone agrees that our oline is trash. plenty of people still love campbell, which is why you get the countless threads.

the hate for campbell gets amplified because so many people like him and want him to succeed that they downplay how weak he is. nobody likes anyone on our oline so theres no pity party for two sides to on and on about.

theres no "mike williams would be good if only we had ________" threads. theres no "stephon heyer is much better than he looks" threads. theres no "casey rabach is so underrated, look at the stats on (insert obscure website here)" threads.

everyone agrees that our oline is trash. plenty of people still love campbell, which is why you get the countless threads.

I don't love Campbell -- I just don't hate him either.

I am wondering why there aren't 100 threads about Landry or Hall either...

In fact, the only area we don't completely suck is LB...and TE...

I don't love Campbell -- I just don't hate him either.

In fact, the only area we don't completely suck is LB...and TE...

im not referring to you specifically, you should know by now the crowd that just really likes campbell a lot.

there are a bunch of threads on landry, it gets discussed a lot. teams dont live and die by their safeties and hes had one bad year.

hall is a great ballhawk that sucks at tackling. cant really talk about much else. and teams dont live and die by one CB.

like al pacino said regarding the QB position in Any Given Sunday: "It's the top spot kid. It's the guy who takes the fall. It's the guy everybody's looking at first."

They don't touch the ball with every Offensive snap.

That said, they do get plenty of criticism here and you don't have to look far for it. More Rogers than Hall, though.

They don't touch the ball with every Offensive snap.

That said, they do get plenty of criticism here and you don't have to look far for it. More Rogers than Hall, though.

I am willing to bet Hall/Rogers/Landry getting torched cost us more games than Campbell's play.

I am willing to bet Hall/Rogers/Landry getting torched cost us more games than Campbell's play.

Well then you would still have to factor in that our defense had been better than our offense hands down every time JC starts a game.

Now I will start a fight!

Riggo, how much better will our O-line look once we get a real QB?

We have yet to hear any speculation about us targeting an O-lineman, I think the new regime knows these guys can play, and jc's inability to read a defense is why they really have been undervalued!

Some players can put a team on their shoulders and carry them, JC put's them on the ground and sits on them.:D

thats laughable. our offense averaged 16 points a game. there were 3 defenses in the NFL that allowed less points than that per game, all 3 were playoff contenders. we allowed 21 a game, pretty middle of the pack, and that number got skewed by a couple of ugly games once the season fell apart.

defense is not the main problem.

thats laughable. our offense averaged 16 points a game. there were 3 defenses in the NFL that allowed less points than that per game, all 3 were playoff contenders. we allowed 21 a game, pretty middle of the pack, and that number got skewed by a couple of ugly games once the season fell apart.

defense is not the main problem.

It's all really moot at this point...we debating who sucks less/more...depending on your point of view...

It's all really moot at this point...we debating who sucks less/more...depending on your point of view...

the defense doesnt suck. i truly believe they were so tired of our offense being so crappy that they werent giving it 100% at all times. why kill yourself when your offense continuously lets you down?

if we had a legit offense in here our defense would look 10x better. if we fix the offense and were scoring 25-30 points a game and were still losing games, we can start pointing the finger at the defense.

Unfortunately the QB dictates where the ball is going and is responsible with who gets it' date=' he is the only offensive guy [besides the center'] who has the ball in his hands every play, so to have a QB that isn't your best offensive player is tough to come by, especially one like JC. He can also be responsible for the lack of a dominant WR, and without that downfield passing game it becomes easy for defenses to stack the box and key on the run without a worry of getting burned over the top, it is the universal game plan for JC.

You wont find teams stacking the box and keying the run against Manning, Brady, or Brees.

Then why are the runs games of those respective teams so lacking during those QB's tenures?

Colts=Last in 2009, 31st in 2008, 18th in 2007, 18th in 2006

Pats= 12th in 2009, 6th in 2008, 13th in 2007, 12th in 2006

Saints= 6th in 2009, 28th in 2008, 28th in 2007, 19th in 2006

The O-line dictates everything on the offense. No Oline, no offense. Supergodlike QB or not.

the defense doesnt suck. i truly believe they were so tired of our offense being so crappy that they werent giving it 100% at all times. why kill yourself when your offense continuously lets you down?

See now you're Jason Campbell-ing the defense. Yeah, they put up decent numbers, but really weren't as good as advertised. They let us down from week one (Smoot, Hall and Landry are STILL trying to tackle Mario Manningham), they gave up huge plays time and time again.

There is a solid amount of suck that runs through every bit of this team...save for Orakpo and a few others.

if we had a legit offense in here our defense would look 10x better. if we fix the offense and were scoring 25-30 points a game and were still losing games, we can start pointing the finger at the defense.

So, what you're saying is, if we had a Top-5 scoring offense, we'd be much better?

See now you're Jason Campbell-ing the defense. Yeah, they put up decent numbers, but really weren't as good as advertised. They let us down from week one (Smoot, Hall and Landry are STILL trying to tackle Mario Manningham), they gave up huge plays time and time again.

There is a solid amount of suck that runs through every bit of this team...save for Orakpo and a few others.

So, what you're saying is, if we had a Top-5 scoring offense, we'd be much better?

our defense was held back by blache being a moron, and that has since been fixed. we saw what this D could do when williams was running the show, and we really didnt start lapsing until the season was in the tank. our D is full of talented playmakers who all at times showed they can hang, our coordinator was just very poor is all.

id like a top 10 scoring offense, even the league average was around 23, ill take that to start. jesus, its a shame we have to *wish* for an average offense around here.

Then why are the runs games of those respective teams so lacking during those QB's tenures?

Colts=Last in 2009, 31st in 2008, 18th in 2007, 18th in 2006

Pats= 12th in 2009, 6th in 2008, 13th in 2007, 12th in 2006

Saints= 6th in 2009, 28th in 2008, 28th in 2007, 19th in 2006

The O-line dictates everything on the offense. No Oline, no offense. Supergodlike QB or not.

Your sure no how to shoot yourself in the foot don't you?

What excuse is left for your beloved JC considering the success of those QB's, and those teams?

our defense was held back by blache being a moron, and that has since been fixed. we saw what this D could do when williams was running the show, and we really didnt start lapsing until the season was in the tank. our D is full of talented playmakers who all at times showed they can hang, our coordinator was just very poor is all.

I am not willing to hang ALL of it on Blatche. Yes, many years from now a doctor will say he has an IQ of 48, and he's what some people call "mentally retarded," but from week one, they tackled about as well as Campbell reads coverages. I think we overrate our defensive talents...

They're a mediocre defense right now...blame it on coaches, scheme, what have you. They're an adequate defense.

id like a top 10 scoring offense, even the league average was around 23, ill take that to start. jesus, its a shame we have to *wish* for an average offense around here.

I would too...LONG way to go before then, unfortunately.

I am not willing to hang ALL of it on Blatche. Yes, many years from now a doctor will say he has an IQ of 48, and he's what some people call "mentally retarded," but from week one, they tackled about as well as Campbell reads coverages. I think we overrate our defensive talents...

They're a mediocre defense right now...blame it on coaches, scheme, what have you. They're an adequate defense.

I would too...LONG way to go before then, unfortunately.

i just cant agree that a defense with fletcher, rocky, landry, haynesworth, orakpo, griffin, hall, rogers, and horton can be that bad. thats WAAAY too much talent to squander, and coaching was a major part.

we'll see how well they respond this year with a new regime, but i really like the players we have on defense at the moment.

Thanks for dodging the question. Next!

Sorry you weren't able to piece that one together on your own, do any of those teams need to become dominant run teams? No, why? because they have QB's who can take control of the game with their arms. Now if their lines are so bad how do they find the time to throw? Their lines are not that good which only shows how much a QB can effect the outcome of a game even with a poor O-line, putting their teams in 2nd and 3rd and short allows them to be below avg in the run game and still be successful, where as putting us in 2nd and 3rd and long does not as we have seen with JC, and a 3rd and short is much tougher for a defense against a QB who just may throw for a 1st, than against a player like JC who doesn't know which end is up.

Archived