Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NewLeader.com: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment

DRSmith

I would like to know how the heck this guy claims to know it's a punishment from God specifically for having an abortion?

Either there is a passage in the Bible somewhere that says "Thou shalt not ... and if you do, the punishment is you'll have children with disabilities"

Or he's had a special revelation from God Himself that has revealed this truth.

My guess is he's just hateful and pulled this from his ass.

He wasn't talking about all disabled kids, he was attempting to make a correlation to some sort of information he has that says a child born to a mother who previously had an abortion has a higher likelihood of being disabled in some way, and filling in the gaps with "because god said so".

Not that it makes that statement any less idiotic.

Right wing religious nut saying right wing religious nut things. No surprises here. This is the political segment that blamed 9/11 on feminists. oh... and Palin won't say anything about this. These are the "real Americans" she talks about all the time.

I predict this kind of nonsense getting worse now that the religious loon that would have us believe he turned moderate has been elected governor. It's in his interest to make a hard right move in the current political climate so there is no need to wear the mask any longer.

"In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There's a special punishment Christians would suggest." Marshall was among more than 20 people, mostly Christian pastors and clergy, who gathered for the press conference in the General Assembly Building.

:cool:

Pretty impressive efficiency of words:offense...

Mothers who've aborted

Good Christians

Pro-choicers

Developmentally disabled

Developmentally disabled's mothers

If only he'd said the second child after an abortion would turn out gay, and the third an illegal immigrant

Why? It continues to be a very successful political stance to take.

An unfortunate reality, especially in the Shenandoah Valley (where I live), an area which seems to have been forgotten by time and progress.

Northern Virginia will probably dominate the state in a few years. That will help things out a bit, though there will always be this sort of politician from these parts and a few others.

Archived