Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your gut feeling on the upcoming draft?

HRNY4ZRNY

MOD's please merge if you feel necessary.

Part I

I would like to see what people's gut feeling on the draft is pertaining to the 4th pick. Also what you would personally want. So 2 question's. What you think the Redskin's will do with the 4th pick and what you personally would like with the 4th pick. Here is mine.

What I expect...

My gut is telling me for some reason we actually take Eric Berry.

I think if he falls to #4 than we will take the FS. Say Bradford goes #1 and Mccoy and Suh are taken 2 and 3. I think Allen and Shanahan will not be able to resist Berry. Which will move Landry back to his natural position.

What I would love...

I am really in love with the idea of trading back. I wish we could pick up another 1st round pick. I would want to take CJ Spiller for his playmaking abilities and with the other pick take the best OL.

I know this is early and depending on how free agency goes everything could change. I'm curious what people think about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part II

Tell me from 1-10, 10 being the happiest and most excited, what you would think of these picks. Copy and Paste it.

1. Ndamukong Suh

2. Gerald Mccoy

3. Sam Bradford

4. Jimmy Clausen

5. Eric Berry

6. Russel Okung

7. Anthony Davis

8. Bryan Bulaga

9. CJ Spiller and Bruce Campbell (Trade Down)

1. Ndamukong Suh- 8

2. Gerald Mccoy- 7

3. Sam Bradford- 5

4. Jimmy Clausen- 4

5. Eric Berry- 9

6. Russel Okung- 7

7. Anthony Davis- 6

8. Bryan Bulaga- 4

9. CJ Spiller and Bruce Campbell (Trade Down)- 10

I think Suh will be taken #1, McCoy #2, Berry #3, and then the Skins take either QB or either Davis or Okung. My guess is we take Bradford if the Rams don't, and I don't think Spags will pass on Suh.

Also, even if Berry is there at #4, I think Shanahan and Allen will be able to pass, this isn't Vinny we are talking about here and his love of DBs in the top 10. Both Shanahan and Allen know QB and OT are much more pressing needs than getting a FS.

My gut says Team Shanny will get a QB but I am not sure which one it is. They will also not take one of the top OL guys but will build a really nice line that fits their scheme from castoffs and lower round draftees.

No way you can build a OL with all rooks so they will use a good mix and out of everything going on I trust them with this the most.

What I would do and what I think Shanallen might do are two opposites.

I read all this talk, media hype, mocks, etc and my gut is telling me that the FO is going to surprise everybody. I do believe that the first couple rounds will target the offense. Just not sure what position they will look at. Heck, coach mike just may take a running back in round 1.

Yea, I know he never has in the past, and he finds jewells in the later rounds, but if there is someone he really likes, then past history dont mean squat.

What I would do and what I think Shanallen might do are two opposites.

I read all this talk, media hype, mocks, etc and my gut is telling me that the FO is going to surprise everybody. I do believe that the first couple rounds will target the offense. Just not sure what position they will look at. Heck, coach mike just may take a running back in round 1.

Yea, I know he never has in the past, and he finds jewells in the later rounds, but if there is someone he really likes, then past history dont mean squat.

What do you want? and what do you think they will do?

What do you want? and what do you think they will do?

:ols:

i was wondering the same thing after reading the post and came away with nothing related or unrelated.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I say if Berry is available, we will see if there are any bidders, if not, we will draft him. If Berry isn't available, which I don't think he will be, will take either Bradford, Clausen, or Okung. I don't know what they are thinking with Campbell, so it's hard to tell.

Gut = Berry If Berry isn't available, Gut = Bradford

I think that our head coach and general manager are very astute football guys. When looking at our team and the draft, there are a few very obvious observations that can be made.

Skins:

- Offense needs to be dramatically overhauled

- Pass-catchers are the only offensive unit that can stand pat

- Defense has the talent to be elite

- Veteran leadership has passed their primes

Draft:

- 2009 class is very deep, particularly on defense

- Offensive positions have on or two elite players at most positions

- There is a large gap between the top tier offensive players and the tiers below

- Offensive line has more high quality prospects at the top of the draft, but not much separate those top prospects

I don't think that many people can argue with those statements. The top priority has to be revamping the offense. Based on team needs and available prospects, I believe the Redskins will go QB in the 1st and take the best OL on the board in the 2nd.

Jason Campbell is simply not in the long term plans of this franchise. Our team does not have many opportunities to grab the top signal caller in the draft and this class has two highly decorated prospects. People may argue as too whether or the prospects are the next Peyton Manning, but the players are at least comparable to the top tackles, RBs, and WR.

As for the tackle class, there's much debate about how the prospects stack up. Okung is considered the safest, but lowest ceiling. Anthony Davis might be the best and have the highest ceiling, but may be the biggest bust. Bulaga may have the highest ceiling, but is not considered the top prospect and will need some time to refine his technique. Trent Williams is a RT. But the good thing is that there are 8 offensive linemen in the 1st round discussion (Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, Brown, Iupati, Pouncey). All 8 will not go in the 1st and someone will be available in at pick #37.

We can get a QB and dominant OL if we take a QB in the 1st. We will not get a great QB at #37. And we also may not get two dominant linemen if we take a tackle at #4. That actually might just trigger a run on offensive linemen. The situation is simple for our top picks.

The real dilemma is what to do about our later picks and how to acquire more picks to take advantage of this deep draft. I have my opinions about who we should trade, but it is very obvious that we must trade some vets to acquire more picks in rounds 3-7. We can use those picks to look for gems at RB, OL, DL, LB, and DB.

I've been so disinterested in the upcoming draft so far this year, but I'm sure I'll become more so as we move forward. I guess I'm just comfortable in the thought that "Hey, at least Vinny's not involved this time." So, because there are legitimate football guys behind the scenes planning out the offseason, I haven't worried so much about it.

It all depends on what the coaching staff thinks of the available QB's. If not sold on either, they will try to trade down to pick up a pick in the 2nd or 3rd. If no QB and no trades, they take OL.

My gut, with the 4th pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select Sam Bradford, QB, University of Oklahoma.

Gut tells me some team will approach us and want our 4th pick. They will tell us what or whom to draft and in return we will get there 1st in this draft, 2nd and 2011 1st in return.

The same same situation as the chargers and giants will play out with us as well. Heck maybe more depending on what team it is and where they will be in this years draft.

Its so logical really. Example clausen will prove to everyone come combine that during his interviews that he is much more educated and polite, dtermined and evrything in that nature than most people assume.

So then the debate will be what qb with the 4th pick. And shanahan will know this and rob some team for much more picks.

With that address our many needs

Archived