Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you are from a warm weather climate, you are probably soft.

Westbrook36

First summer we lived on the Gulf Coast, I can remember the moment I knew I would move north as soon as I could. It was a summer just before sunrise and it was lightly sprinkling outside. I looked out the window and I saw steam coming up off the sidewalk. Before 6am.

Forget that stuff. I move to the Mid Atlantic with the rest of you softies. :ols:

I want to thank everyone who participated in this thread. I had no idea that this would get all the soft people's panties in a bunch.

I like how the first reply was about how tough it is to frame a house in the summer in the heat and every subsequent reply from the southerners was "Yeah, try to frame a house in the summer!!!" even though less than 1/10 of 1 percent of people in the south frame houses in the summer. :laugh:

You guys are too funny. Ok, I get it. It's hot. Replace my argument about coming out of your heated car to run into Starbucks to getting out of your air conditioned car to run into Starbucks. I hate to pull this card but I've been in Kuwait/Iraq during the summer, when it feels like there is a hair dryer on you when the "wind" blows with 50 lbs of gear on my person. It's just not as bad as extreme cold.

I will agree with one poster who said that any manual labor in extreme weather toughens a man; however, this doesn't apply to 99 percent of you and the rest of the sedentary public.

Finally, if the weather in the south is so tough to endure, why does everyone move and retire to these areas specifically for the weather? Has anyone ever heard of anyone retiring to Ohio so they could finally enjoy the weather instead of having these terribly warm summers? Of course not. Everyone migrates to the south.

Where it is easier to live. Soft.

Born and raised in CA. Just moved to CO last fall. In Madagascar now, sweating my butt off and getting burnt to a crsip. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the hardships of labor in a hot, humid environment is full of crap and just likes to hear himself talk.

Please. CA is the most temperate climate in the country. This is why so many people move there. Spare me your hardships of labor line, t**ts. I'd love to hear the hardships of labor which you have personally endured.

Agreed, entirely. Grew up in the tropics and now live in the Northeast. I ******* hate ice and snow and cannot wait until I'm back in the tropics even though I know it will be a long time. Heck, I hate any weather beneath 85.

Which brings me to my next point: anyone that willingly lives in this ***** with no desire to move is obviously of diminished mental capacity.

Finally, if the weather in the south is so tough to endure, why does everyone move and retire to these areas specifically for the weather? Has anyone ever heard of anyone retiring to Ohio so they could finally enjoy the weather instead of having these terribly warm summers? Of course not. Everyone migrates to the south.

Old people have a harder time maintaining body temperature, so generally moderate climates suit them better. That said, it's still largely a preferential thing.

Isn't the OP from San Diego?

Yes, he lives down the street from me in Oceanside. But I don't think he's FROM Oceanside.

Also, it's really hard to drive with refugees running through the streets. Not to mention the fact that Westy would get lost down here because signs further south are all in Spanish. He'd end up in some ghetto neighborhood and get his ass kicked.

In Westy's defense (because I have no problems with him and his funny threads at all), it's North Mexico out where we live. Lots of gangs. And I think he lives near the back gate of Camp Pendleton, which is pretty ghetto.

Calling BS on that, it takes three years to get sorta used to the endless summer of south florida. July through September can be like living on the sun for most of the day. I have been here twenty+ and I am telling you, nothing will zap the energy like South Florida sun. Talk about character, how about those Seminoles? They lived here with no A/C.

She isn't use to the summer but she acts like she isn't use to the winter either.

I've been in Florida several times in the heat of summer, miserable. Hell, I was dead walking around universal studios this summer when it was around 105.

North Florida gets butt**** cold. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. It may not snow, but unless you're from the ****ing Yukon Territory, 25 degrees is cold.

It's all relative really,(duh). Hell I spent most of the first half of my life in the South. Spent the 4 years before moving here in Homestead Florida. I can distinctly recall when it got down in to the 30's one winter for about 2-3 days. I was in the field jacket and everything. . Now? I'm all but in a t-shirt. 20's these days are...chilly. Sub 20's however,are just flat out cold. On the flip side, My first summer or two here it got in to the low 90's. Folks said it was hot. Pffffffft. I said. South Florida and the humidity,that was hot,(though I do now admit Vegas can be one oppressive mother ****er in the summer). I know one thing. If I had to decide between working in the excessive heat and humidity or working in the sub zero area,(say 10-20 degrees below),I'd just as soon stay inside. :)

I know one thing. If I had to decide between working in the excessive heat and humidity or working in the sub zero area,(say 10-20 degrees below),I'd just as soon stay inside. :)

Give me the heat any day. I hate the cold. I grew up where it was cold and I don't miss it one bit. Like you said, it's all relative. People who like the cold get to make fun of me for being a wuss about the cold and I get to laugh at the folks who sweat through their shirts as soon as it hits 80.

Give me the heat any day. I hate the cold. I grew up where it was cold and I don't miss it one bit. Like you said, it's all relative. People who like the cold get to make fun of me for being a wuss about the cold and I get to laugh at the folks who sweat through their shirts as soon as it hits 80.

Bingo. What I was kind of trying to say and ended up rambling on a little bit about. I was born in Norfolk,and then spent the next near 25 years living there,Texas,Florida,Georgia,Alabama,Oklahoma, and Tennessee. Colorado,Nebraska,and Kansas were part of the deal,but for only for 4 years total. I have mixed feelings about both heat and cold because of all that. Though I will say that after 23 winters here,I am just about as tired as I can be of snow in May/June.

Please. CA is the most temperate climate in the country. This is why so many people move there. Spare me your hardships of labor line, t**ts. I'd love to hear the hardships of labor which you have personally endured.

1. Genius, I never said California had overall bad weather. I was responding to a poster who asked where I lived.

2. I never claimed I've endured hardships of labor in extreme environments

3. Yes, you're right, being in Kuwait makes you all knowing on this.

4. I simply stated that you are full of **** and are an attention whore who likes to play the "shock value" card and hear himself talk in threads. Your schtick is way overplayed...even good jokes lose their "funny" when told over and over.

1. Ok, cool. I don't understand why my argument is of shock value. It is actually pretty obvious that people who endure hardships are more apt to be able to do so in the future. Weather is a hardship, at times.

2. Ok, so only one of us has personal experience that is relevent to the issue at hand.

3. I'm not in Kuwait. It was cold there when I was there; being there reminded me of this previously held belief I had. I lived off the side of a mountain in Mongolia for 6 months. Do a search for average temperature Mongolia (Nov, Dec, Jan) and get back to us.

4. Actually, I'm just being myself. This is an internet message board where people are free to share ideas. I apologize if my opinions occasionally take away from your attention of being a girl on a sports message board that is 99 percent male. I'm sure we can coexist.

4. Actually, I'm just being myself. This is an internet message board where people are free to share ideas. I apologize if my opinions occasionally take away from your attention of being a girl on a sports message board that is 99 percent male. I'm sure we can coexist.

You sure there's enough room on this message board for anyone else when your ego is so inflated?

4. Actually, I'm just being myself.

There's you, and there's the you we read. The you we read picks nits endlessly. I don't like this and don't like that. The soup's too hot, the soup's too cold. Its prissy. Princess and the Pea stuff. If that's you, go for it. Not everyone grew up with the stoic "can do" guy thing burned into them.

Some people are just more sensitive.

well i know that where i live it get s to be in the high 90's to 100's about 5 months a year with approximately 85 - 95 % humidity all summer long. all the yankees i know cant wait to go back home to escape the heat.

that being said..... i was stationed in CT for about 3 years and hated the cold but i never foundit unbearable like some of our summer days here.

and yes having a limb frozen off is tough stuff but then again, so is dying from heat exposure and dehydration.

People from the North are douche bags, though. At least the Southern kids still hunt and fish and drink beers at the frat house. Watch Jersey Shore. That's what the North is coming to, and those are the type of people who are giving America a bad reputation.

We in Wyoming still hunt and fish. When we can dodge the stinking Coloradoans. A lot of folks here put wild game on the table year round. AND, we still have a few beers. In the legislature now they're discussing less stringent DUI laws because of the drunk driuvers rights.

And what's Jersey Shore?

You seem to have an issue with females. Or maybe it's just females who call you out on your whiny BS. Between your calling me "toots" on more than one occasion (and if you don't realize it, it's actually degrading/condescending to call a woman that...but I'm pretty sure you do know that which is why you used that terminology with me in the first place) then bringing up the issue that I'm a girl again in this last post when it has nothing to do with anything whatsoever is quite indicative to me that you might just be suffering from some type of Napoleonic inferiority complex. :)

3. I'm not in Kuwait. It was cold there when I was there; being there reminded me of this previously held belief I had. I lived off the side of a mountain in Mongolia for 6 months. Do a search for average temperature Mongolia (Nov, Dec, Jan) and get back to us.

I don't give a rat's ass about Mongolia.

I think every human on the planet has endured extreme weather conditions at some point in time or another (which may surprise you, but some of us have even endured those conditions for longer than just running from the coffee shop to the office). I know I have.

Extreme cold and extreme heat and humidity carry with them different hardships.

frame a house, build a new freeway or even yardwork in Phoenix Az. Then well talk. BTW, its normaly done at night when them hits a low of 110.

Bah, it's not the heat it's the humidity.

I went to Vegas once in August and let me tell you... at some point it IS the heat! Man, it was tough out there. I'm genetically better suited to cold. I handle it better. That was a kick arse vacation, but it sure kicked my arse.

(Fine, I'm a softie... I've even cried in the movies)

Bah, it's not the heat it's the humidity.

I went to Vegas once in August and let me tell you... at some point it IS the heat! Man, it was tough out there. I'm genetically better suited to cold. I handle it better. That was a kick arse vacation, but it sure kicked my arse.

(Fine, I'm a softie... I've even cried in the movies)

100 is the limit there. I can take anything below that here (southern NM) without too much trouble (or at least I used to be able to, as one gets older...) but when it get above a 100 it's just freakin' hot, you're right. I drove back from Tampa one summer and stopped in Clearwater FL to get gas after leaving our hotel by the ocean pretty early and I nearly fell over when I got out of the car. 104 with 95% is hell. Plain and simple. Phoenix is hell in the summer too by all means, 120 is just silly but I really think the FL heat plus humidity is worse. People weren't meant to live in those conditions. At least us northern euro's.

And Westy wouldn't last an hour out in the desert. All that ****ing would dehydrate him.

We are all basically an accumulation of our own experiences in life. I have found that people from the south and warm weather climates are generally soft human beings. Allow me to explain.

People build character and hardness through adversity. I think people who have grown up and worked in cold weather environments have an innate ability to persevere more than people who have not. I just came back from a month of training in Kuwait where it was ****ing cold. To a man, the guys who grew up in South Florida, California, and Louisiana were the ones who had the most difficult time. Whenever you bust one of these guys balls about it, they always say "It gets cold down there!" as if a few days where the temperature bounced in the 40s makes up for the normal 50-90 degree year round weather.

This is true of what someone does for a living as well. I always have a healthy respect for people who work outside, with their hands, and battle the elements year round. When I come across a guy in an unheated garage working on cars in an area where I know it gets freezing, I always think "Yeah, this is probably a hard no-nonsense type of guy". It always makes me chuckle to read on here about people who work in office environments talking about how they are sick of the cold when they have to deal with the cold as long as it takes them to walk from their heated vehicle to the Starbucks in the morning to get their triple carmel macchiato.

We are developing a nation of soft kids. A generation ago, kids grew up outside, with hobbies like fishing, hunting, playing in the woods, etc. Now kids spend all their time on their PS3 in a heated house getting weaker by the minute. From the time I was 14-18, I worked at a gas station in ****ty NJ where it obviously gets miserable. There is no respite from terrible conditions as you might work an entire 8-10 hour shift outside in the snow/rain/bitter cold because people normally fill up during bad weather so they don't have to worry about making a trip later during a time where driving might be more difficult.

I've heard people from warm weather climates say that people from cold weather climates can't handle extreme heat. Here's the deal. In extreme heat, it sucks but you don't start thinking crazy thoughts like you might die or a part of your body might get frozen and fall off. In extreme cold, no amount of clothing is going to help you. That is when true mental endurance kicks in. Anyone can hang outside when it's cold for a half hour. Knowing you will be out there for hours/days without any respite truly tests a man.

Cliff Notes- If you are from the south or California, you are probably a pansy.

:ols::ols::ols:

dude, you're from Jersey

that's about the only thing I got out of your post. Good for a laugh though, and it definitely explains a lot.

I like how the first reply was about how tough it is to frame a house in the summer in the heat and every subsequent reply from the southerners was "Yeah, try to frame a house in the summer!!!" even though less than 1/10 of 1 percent of people in the south frame houses in the summer. :laugh:

Your dumbassedness is on full display here Westy. I can't believe you actually said that, after typing this in your first post :ols:

When I come across a guy in an unheated garage working on cars in an area where I know it gets freezing, I always think "Yeah, this is probably a hard no-nonsense type of guy".

What, is everyone in Jersey a ****ing auto mechanic? :ols:

:loser:

Or- no state income tax in states like TN and Florida. Low cost of living, nice people, extremely low property taxes, and in general not a rotting cesspool of stink and filth like jersey.

Sorry you're from a place that nobody wants to live in Westy. I can see how you'd want to rationalize it. :)

Between your calling me "toots" on more than one occasion (and if you don't realize it, it's actually degrading/condescending to call a woman that...but I'm pretty sure you do know that which is why you used that terminology with me in the first place)

okay, stepping outside of the regional bashing here for a moment- Westy you've been around to know better. Knock off the "toots" / etc. comments.

There is no context for that word that exists in this or any other thread. So, it's against the rules.

Now, let's get back to bashing each other for where we come from :ols:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westbrook36

I like how the first reply was about how tough it is to frame a house in the summer in the heat and every subsequent reply from the southerners was "Yeah, try to frame a house in the summer!!!" even though less than 1/10 of 1 percent of people in the south frame houses in the summer.

\

\______________________________________

Dude, first off not all and really not most of us living in Florida are southerners, second I gave you several good reasons why life is not all cream puffy here either, and yeah I framed and roofed a house here before. Get those jersey chems out of your mind and expand your thinking.

Archived