Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell's career win-loss record is 19-35

SkinsBoss

May?

Yes, may... because I know I'm human, which makes me ridiculously far from being All-Knowing, or Omniscient.

And yes, I can't honestly say what a man will or will not do in his future and guarantee it.

Please excuse me for that. :)

Well 54 is the total number of games JC has played in though. That record is no where near where we need to be. But many of you act as if we were a power house before JC got here and he completely ruined it.

Of the previous 54 games before JC got here, the starting QBs were 22-32. A 3 game difference. Not much better. Keep in mind that the last couple years our FO has completely forgotten about upgrading our OL, and CP has been hurt regularly.

This franchise wasn't very talented at the QB position well before JC arrived here. We drafted him hoping things would work out. It didn't. We will try again with someone else.

Frank Tarkenton's career win loss record after four seasons was 16-32. He was clearly terrible. He's as bad as JC according to his record.

As someone else mentioned, Drew Bree's is barely above .500, he's at 55-51 prior to this season. Before this season he was merely a mediocre quarterback, according to his record.

The great Sunny Jurgenson had a streak where he went 33-52-5 in consecutive seasons. He was clearly a far below average quarterback, according to his record.

The QB's record means nothing without looking at the rest of the team. Eat it.

Frank Tarkenton's career win loss record after four seasons was 16-32. He was clearly terrible. He's as bad as JC according to his record.

As someone else mentioned, Drew Bree's is barely above .500, he's at 55-51 prior to this season. Before this season he was merely a mediocre quarterback, according to his record.

The great Sunny Jurgenson had a streak where he went 33-52-5 in consecutive seasons. He was clearly a far below average quarterback, according to his record.

"lol"

Differences is, Jurgensen for the most part had production that CLEARLY seperated his performance from that of the team. Campbell? Not so much. Last year is the only year where this point can even be argued, and the teams he played were generally average to below-average defensively.

Tarkenton is a bit less clear-cut, but by year 4 he was already a very good QB (keep in mind QB numbers then are VERY deflated - in today's era you'd almost have to spot him an extra 5 TDs and 5-10 comp pct), while there are still glaring questions about Campbell's ability.

He has gotten better in the RZ - if I believed in Campbell's continued development as a QB, I would point at THAT stat. The money quarterbacks deliver in the red zone.

Campbell must be the second coming of Christ to some of you, but the guy hasn't done a damn thing, not ONE damn thing any other QB in the NFL hasn't. What is so special about this kid? That he can take a beating? That he doesn't run his mouth? That he has "character"? Big Ben takes a beating every year and has 2 rings. Most players don't run his mouth, and since Campbell has accomplished absolutely nothing during his time in the NFL, he's not going to run his mouth. He has character. Good for off the field; doesn't mean jack on it.

Captain CheckDown is inaccurate as hell, wilts under pressure, makes slow reads and bad decisions, and loses almost twice as much as he wins. Yeah, real keeper there. Enough people. Lets move on.

Jesus.

Campbell must be the second coming of Christ to some of you, but the guy hasn't done a damn thing, not ONE damn thing any other QB in the NFL hasn't. What is so special about this kid? That he can take a beating? That he doesn't run his mouth? That he has "character"? Big Ben takes a beating every year and has 2 rings. Most players don't run his mouth, and since Campbell has accomplished absolutely nothing during his time in the NFL, he's not going to run his mouth. He has character. Good for off the field; doesn't mean jack on it.

Captain CheckDown is inaccurate as hell, wilts under pressure, makes slow reads and bad decisions, and loses almost twice as much as he wins. Yeah, real keeper there. Enough people. Lets move on.

Jesus.

he might not be that accurate when throwing bombs but he's pretty good in the 5-15 yards category which can win you games as long as the rest of the team plays well. You should try being accurate when you have 2 seconds to look down field because your OL is so horrendous

Jesus.

Hyperbole, much?

"lol"

Differences is, Jurgensen for the most part had production that CLEARLY seperated his performance from that of the team. Campbell? Not so much. Last year is the only year where this point can even be argued, and the teams he played were generally average to below-average defensively.

Tarkenton is a bit less clear-cut, but by year 4 he was already a very good QB (keep in mind QB numbers then are VERY deflated - in today's era you'd almost have to spot him an extra 5 TDs and 5-10 comp pct), while there are still glaring questions about Campbell's ability.

He has gotten better in the RZ - if I believed in Campbell's continued development as a QB, I would point at THAT stat. The money quarterbacks deliver in the red zone.

So, you're saying other factors beside w/l record can be a factor, wow.

This is the most uneducated post I've ever seen, on a topic that's already got a million threads. Why isn't this closed yet?

Since it hasn't been closed yet, I will say something I've been saying for a while: If win-loss is only a reflection of the quarterback, then why would any team EVER draft anybody besides a quarterback? Why not draft QB in all seven rounds, every single year? The other 52 guys on the team make no difference at all.

Matt Cassel went from 11-5 with the Patriots to 4-12 with the Chiefs. How did he go from being AWESOME to SUCKING SO BAD in only one year?

he might not be that accurate when throwing bombs but he's pretty good in the 5-15 yards category which can win you games as long as the rest of the team plays well. You should try being accurate when you have 2 seconds to look down field because your OL is so horrendous

Campbell 2009 season

Passes thrown 11-20 yards

24/54 for 440 yards with a 44.4 completion rate 3TD 2INT Rating 76.2

It's so disingenuous when people claim Campbell only had 2 seconds to throw the ball all year. Clearly that was not the case. He had plenty of opportunities to get three seconds or more. You know how Aaron Rodgers quit being sacked so much? They sent more guys out on routes, and Rodgers had the ball out in 3 seconds or less no matter what.

I'm in the group that thinks W/L doesn't really mean a whole lot.

I have been thinking more along these lines lately though. Of all the teams in the playoffs, which teams could you swap JC in at QB and picture them still there? In my opinion, I think the only teams would be the Jets and maybe the Ravens, two teams with great running attacks and pretty damn good defenses. I just couldn't see him leading any of those other teams to where they were.

The simplest way to measure Campbell is Wins and Losses. Yes I agree QB rating and completion % and all the other stats can factor in but at the end of the day it's all about wins and losses and looking into it these are the facts behind Campbell's record as a starter.

2006 Campbell as starter 2-5

2007 Campbell as starter 5-7

2008 Campbell as starter 8-8

2009 Campbell as starter 4-12

That makes Campbell's career win/loss record at

19 wins and 35 losses

So to all those Campbell supporters I challenge you to defend that fact. 19-35 is inexcusable. These are the hard facts. For those fans out there that want to continue with that I ask you why? What has Campbell shown that gets you excited about keeping him?

Yes, the man can take a hit. That's great if he's a boxer but how often do you see Peyton Manning get hit? Is it because Peyton Manning has the greatest offensive line ever or is it just because he's smart enough to play the position better?

Campbell might be a warrior and if I'm Allen and Shanahan I'm singing his praise right now just in hopes of upselling his trade value as an RFA.

But the fact is Campbell is 19-35 as a starter.

The last great QB we had that helped us to the playoffs in back to back years was Mark Rypien. Ryp suited up from us from 88 to 93 during the time we had winning seasons from 89 to 92 and 3 straight playoff appearances along with the Super Bowl in between as well.

QB play is and always will be a measuring stick of success. And the bottom line is Campbell is not worthy of us sticking with him anymore. For all those JC supporters out there give me reasons and give me hope why we should stick with him? What has he done to make you believe that he can get us back to winning football?

Beautiful fact here :point2sky

There are many things on this board that fans disagree on, especially our QB position, but there's one thing that every Redskins fan around the world will agree on, and that is "we want to win"!

We have experimented 4 years with Jason Campbell now, and this has been the only experiment that has turned out more horrifying then Frankensteins back in the day.

Joe Gibbs won 3 SuperBowls with 3 different QB's his first run, in his second run he took us to the playoffs twice with 2 different QB's, Brunell and Collins, who saved another losing season by Jason, but with the same team he couldn't even get a winning season under Jason Campbell. No O-line excuse needed up there ^

I don't even want to hear another new system excuse for Jason to go 4-12 again, when rookie coaches and QB's are going to championship games! Dayum it I want to win this division and get our respect back, and Jason can't get that done.

Jesus.

Thank You!

I sure hope this is squashed. Regardless of your opinion on Campbell, that logic is just terrible
Well, the one time since Candle started, that we made a change in QB, in 2007, we went 4-0.

Must have been to factors that had NOTHING to do with trying to develop an inept QB. :silly:

:doh:

IMO, the overall record isn't damning, just another bit of evidence against Candle.

Nothing wrong with posting his win/loss record. It is what it is right now.

Agree with this, Win/Loss is tied to QB just like it is tied to goalie in Hockey. They affect the outcome the most, so they are given credit or blame. While its not totally fair it is an indication of how the team plays while they are in the lead position.

It will be a very interesting draft. Line is so weak that they probably should go tackle at #4. This means another year of JC and decent play at QB, or maybe a chance for CB5 to either put up or go away. If defense goes to 3-4 they may pick a few players that more fit this scheme. My thought is they will stay 4-3, they don't have the pieces to go 3-4, and they will look to pick a couple of OL, a LB and a RB.

I don't know that there's much point in beating this dead horse any longer. It's pretty obvious by now that JC is an average QB, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd have thought the real debate now should be how we move forward with an average QB. There's a good argument for upgrading the position if we get the chance but there's also a good argument for concentrating on positions where we are genuinely terrible such as the Oline.

you dredge up two QBs from a completely different era as proof? both tarkenton and jurgenson by their 5th season had each made a probowl. when youre a QB making the probowl and your teams record is poor, you look to the defense, which is how some of these guys (present day brees or cutler sometimes) end up with great stats and probowls but a poor record.

when campbell starts putting up impressive numbers and makes the probowl, and were still losing, please let me know. usually when a QB plays well, the team at least plays 500 football.

Archived