Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell's career win-loss record is 19-35

SkinsBoss

Bingo. We aren't talking about starting pitchers here, we are talking about QBs.

Apple and oranges. Starting pitchers only play every 4th or 5th game. If that was the case Jason would only be about 4-8 but I guess only having to see him start once a month is a step in the right direction.

Also no one I know of is happy to see Jason starting or coming back into a game. No we don't want to see anyone hurt we just want someone else back there that we believe in, PERIOD.

As for the oline issue I guess the oline played well during all of Jason's wins and sucked during all of his losses.

Apple and oranges. Starting pitchers only play every 4th or 5th game. If that was the case Jason would only be about 4-8 but I guess only having to see him start once a month is a step in the right direction.

Also no one I know of is happy to see Jason starting or coming back into a game. No we don't want to see anyone hurt we just want someone else back there that we believe in, PERIOD.

As for the oline issue I guess the oline played well during all of Jason's wins and sucked during all of his losses.

It is apples and oranges. That was my point. In 2006 the Redskins had one of the worst defenses ever assembled, can we hold those losses against JC? Last I checked there were 22 starters (not counting special teams) on a football team. To hold one man accountable for the record is just not right. Suisham single handedly cost the Redskins a couple losses...are you going to blame JC for those?

I agree with those saying that you can't place the win/losses on JC alone. It's a team sport. 12 of those losses came from playing behind the worse OL in football last season and you could probably say the same for those losses in 2006. Also if i counted right 21 of those losses were by 7 points or less. Imagine what his record could be playing behind a good OL

Look, that is a pathetic excuse. Green Bay and Pittsburgh OL's are terrible. But the difference is the QB play. Sorry, that is the way it is. Campbell simply can't read a defense. He misses too many WR's.

QB win/loss record is the most useless stat in sports

teams win or lose, not just one player.

seriously, arguing a QB win/loss record is just silly, and shows a lack of football knowledge.

absolutely! only the stats that support your opinions matter!

and, of course, win/loss means nothing when considering...ohhhh.....coaching performance.

this line of thinking is another in a long history of banal cliches. won/lost records happen for a reason(s). people are held accountable. now...folks may disagree on first/second causes.....but to argue that the one variable that matters most over the long haul is meaningless reflects your own biases more than anything else.

"it's a team game!"...escape hatch for the idea challenged! pssst......don't tell anyone...teams are composed of idividuals. individual skill sets, talents, motivation, personal histories.....matter. yes....in a sport like football it has to be orchestrated into a larger whole. but it should strike most as obvious that the underlying reasons the dan Snyder's of the world pay more for the Deions, Alberts...is because individual talent matters....individual contribution counts.

the dynamic in these threads is comical beyond belief:

- JC suppporter: "BS...he ranked near the middle of the pack in the NFL. His QB stats are more than good and are trending up."

- JC supporter: "BS....won/lost stats mean nothing. It's a team game."

The simplest way to measure London Fletcher is Wins and Losses. Yes I agree tackles, sacks, and interceptions can factor in but at the end of the day it's all about wins and losses and looking into it these are the facts behind Fletcher’s record as a Redskins starter.

2007 Fletcher as starter 9-7

2008 Fletcher as starter 8-8

2009 Fletcher as starter 4-12

That makes Fletcher’s Redskins win/loss record at

21 wins and 27 losses

So to all those Fletcher supporters I challenge you to defend that fact. 21-27 is inexcusable. These are the hard facts. For those fans out there that want to continue with that I ask you why? What has Fletcher shown that gets you excited about keeping him?

Yes, the man can make a hit. That's great if he's a boxer but how often do you see Patrick Willis make a hit? Is it because Patrick Willis has the greatest defensive tackles ever or is it just because he's smart enough to play the position better?

Fletcher might be a warrior and if I'm Allen and Shanahan I'm singing his praise right now just in hopes of upselling his trade value.

But the fact is Fletcher is 21-27 as a starter.

The last great LB we had that helped us to the playoffs in back to back years was Kurt Gouveia. Gouv suited up from us from 87 to 94 during the time we had winning seasons from 89 to 92 and 3 straight playoff appearances along with the Super Bowl in between as well.

MLB play is and always will be a measuring stick of success. And the bottom line is Fletcher is not worthy of us sticking with him anymore. For all those Fletcher supporters out there give me reasons and give me hope why we should stick with him? What has he done to make you believe that he can get us back to winning football?

and, of course, win/loss means nothing when considering...ohhhh.....coaching performance.

Terrible point (no offense). That is probably the #1 thing you base coaching performance on. It is a coaches job to make sure his players perform at a high level. He's got to come up with the gameplan, and in most cases he is the one who assembles his coaching staff, and has a HUSE say in who the team drafts/trades for/signs in free agency.

W/L record is much more an indication of the coach's performance, rather than an indication of the QB's performance.

I concour with others, win/loss records is not a true guage for judging a qb. It is like alot of other stats that can be used as weapons to support a persons argument as to which side he is on.

To me the best indicator of a quality qb is - how many times he has rallyed the offense to secure a victory after being behind in the score.

Thats when a true quality quarterback shows what he is all about.

The simplest way to measure London Fletcher is Wins and Losses. Yes I agree tackles, sacks, and interceptions can factor in but at the end of the day it's all about wins and losses and looking into it these are the facts behind Fletcher’s record as a Redskins starter.

21 wins and 27 losses

So to all those Fletcher supporters I challenge you to defend that fact. 21-27 is inexcusable. These are the hard facts. For those fans out there that want to continue with that I ask you why? What has Fletcher shown that gets you excited about keeping him?

Yes, the man can make a hit. That's great if he's a boxer but how often do you see Patrick Willis make a hit? Is it because Patrick Willis has the greatest defensive tackles ever or is it just because he's smart enough to play the position better?

Fletcher might be a warrior and if I'm Allen and Shanahan I'm singing his praise right now just in hopes of upselling his trade value.

The last great LB we had that helped us to the playoffs in back to back years was Kurt Gouveia. Gouv suited up from us from 87 to 94 during the time we had winning seasons from 89 to 92 and 3 straight playoff appearances along with the Super Bowl in between as well.

MLB play is and always will be a measuring stick of success. And the bottom line is Fletcher is not worthy of us sticking with him anymore. For all those Fletcher supporters out there give me reasons and give me hope why we should stick with him? What has he done to make you believe that he can get us back to winning football?

see when i go to www.pro-football-reference.com and look up QBs, theres a record as a starter for them listed underneath. they dont have that for any other position.

i recommend you email them and tell them this revelation you stumbled upon. let them know to include W/L for middle linebackers, or exclude it for QBs. im sure theyd really agree with you. LOL

21 wins and 27 losses

Oh man, I hope you are being sarcastic????

LOL at your Patrick Willis point...he is the best in the game and what is his record?

Terrible point (no offense). That is probably the #1 thing you base coaching performance on. It is a coaches job to make sure his players perform at a high level. He's got to come up with the gameplan, and in most cases he is the one who assembles his coaching staff, and has a HUSE say in who the team drafts/trades for/signs in free agency.

W/L record is much more an indication of the coach's performance, rather than an indication of the QB's performance.

brotha...that was the point I was making! (sarcasm)

I agree with you!

see when i go to www.pro-football-reference.com and look up QBs, theres a record as a starter for them listed underneath. they dont have that for any other position.

i recommend you email them and tell them this revelation you stumbled upon. let them know to include W/L for middle linebackers, or exclude it for QBs. im sure theyd really agree with you. LOL

look...the point is that won/loss record is one metric among many. it's a team sport is a valid input. it's another variable. folks can vary on how all these are weighted. it's the universals ("they have no menaing") that are ridiculous.

He is going to be the starting quarterback, the only position on the field that handles the ball 99.9 percent of the time on offense. :pfft:

look...the point is that won/loss record is one metric among many. it's a team sport is a valid input. it's another variable. folks can vary on how all these are weighted. it's the universals ("they have no menaing") that are ridiculous.

id agree, and some QBs suffer from a poor w/l record due to other factors aside from themselves (sonny J is the perfect example of this, drew brees until this year was as well). to throw it out the window as merely "a team stat"; i agree is ridiculous.

Archived