Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Bradford interview with Dan Patrick (numerous Skins references)

street_lyte

So he will throw at the combine...after all his arm is stronger than ever right?

Thats a good question.......I think alot of guys try to shy away from it in order to not hurt there stock.....and let their college stats "do the talking".

I think in his case he would be smart to throw.......it could make him the #1 pick in the draft......and even if he throws poorly he wouldnt fall that far.

ST is my boy

He's going to throw at a Pro Day at Oklahoma is my guess. He doesn't need to throw at the Combine, since many QBs don't, he can throw at his Pro Day to quell any concerns with his arm's recovery. I don't know when the deadlines are for those things but I'm assuming he will be able to throw for scouts in a workout at school OR if later, he can do so just before the draft at the team's facility.

Thats a good question.......I think alot of guys try to shy away from it in order to not hurt there stock.....and let their college stats "do the talking".

I think in his case he would be smart to throw.......it could make him the #1 pick in the draft......and even if he throws poorly he wouldnt fall that far.

Would be kinda hard for him to do that seeing as how he only played in 3 games this past season. IMO the shoulder is not fully recovered and we just cant risk a 1st on a potential franchise QB with a bum shoulder.

ST is my boy

He's going to throw at a Pro Day at Oklahoma is my guess. He doesn't need to throw at the Combine, since many QBs don't, he can throw at his Pro Day to quell any concerns with his arm's recovery. I don't know when the deadlines are for those things but I'm assuming he will be able to throw for scouts in a workout at school OR if later, he can do so just before the draft at the team's facility.

Yeah your probably right, and that is really what I meant.

Most bigger time guys throw at their pro days now instead of the combine.......that way everything is on their own terms.

Would be kinda hard for him to do that seeing as how he only played in 3 games this past season. IMO the shoulder is not fully recovered and we just cant risk a 1st on a potential franchise QB with a bum shoulder.

With all due respect, your opinion is based on absolutely nothing. You're not his surgeon, not his doctor, not his physical therapist, and don't know him at all.

And every player is a potential franchise/bust player.

And as for the OP, i still have my doubts. When he said 30 yards on a rope, he was trying to deflect the question Patrick actually asked, which was how far could he throw the ball. Patrick asked it at least 3 times, and Bradford never answered it.

How was he supposed to answer that question? "I can make every single NFL throw" is it and that's basically what he said. 30 yards on a rope says everything you need to know about his arm.

"Oh I can launch it out of the stadium even though I'll never do anything remotely like that in a game or even a practice" would have sounded far more troubling and stupid to me...

Rams are rumored to be interested in making a play for Vick, which would free them up to take Suh in the Draft & allow Bradford to fall to us.

What about making a play for Jason Campbell? He's a better QB than Vick is and I'm sure we'll entertain offers for him if we draft Bradford.

One of the beautiful things about this year's draft is the new format. We've got almost an entire 24 hours after a Sam Bradford pick to find a trading partner for Jason Campbell in the second round.

Well it's strange because I could have sworn I heard a report like a week ago that said Bradford wasn't quite ready to throw in front of scouts, and that we'd have to wait a little while longer...

Either way, he's had a good amount of time to recover and probably has the best medical team in the US. I have no doubts that he's stronger than ever and will be a monster at the next level.

As I've said before though, as Bradford's stock rises in the next couple weeks (which it undoubtably will) I don't know how the Rams think they can possibly pass up on him at #1.... they literally have NO ONE.

I hope we get Slingin' Sammy 2.0

Just remember that the Rams have a DEFENSIVE LINE coach as their HEAD coach. They are taking best lineman available.

As I've said before though, as Bradford's stock rises in the next couple weeks (which it undoubtably will) I don't know how the Rams think they can possibly pass up on him at #1.... they literally have NO ONE.

I hope we get Slingin' Sammy 2.0

Ive been saying this for weeks. Everyone THINKS Brafford will be there at 4. But if he has a good combine, with the incredible production he had in College, we might have to trade up to 1 overall to get him.

I'm with the "if Andrews says he's good, I'll be happy to have him".

Also, does anyone else think Troy Aikman is full of **** when he said he's "critical" or honest in his commentary on the Cowboys? I'll give that he's better than Moose Johnson (or Douche Johnson), but I still think he's a freaking homer.

EDIT: Oops, the Aikman interview was on the 4th, no wonder I didn't hear any Bradford.

With all due respect, your opinion is based on absolutely nothing. You're not his surgeon, not his doctor, not his physical therapist, and don't know him at all.

That's pretty harsh. Telling someone their opinion means absolutely nothing, especially when it seems like your opinion of his opinion is worse.

Bradford's injury was very serious, and will require a six month recovery and rehab period. That takes it to late April. And, that doesn't mean at six months and a day, he'll be fully recovered and be at full strength.

Anyway, here is a youtube description of his injury and surgery that may be enlightening.

That's pretty harsh. Telling someone their opinion means absolutely nothing, especially when it seems like your opinion of his opinion is worse.

Bradford's injury was very serious, and will require a six month recovery and rehab period. That takes it to late April. And, that doesn't mean at six months and a day, he'll be fully recovered and be at full strength.

Anyway, here is a youtube description of his injury and surgery that may be enlightening.

Seems that you missed the extremely important part of my sentence. No worries, I've pointed it out to you.

You can apologize in this thread or via PM. ;)

With all due respect to you as well but an opinion is just that MY OPINION! And I just dont believe he is ready and even if he was SO WHAT?! I guess you know better than me about his shoulder right? Oh wait I forgot, you're not his surgeon, doctor, or physical therapist, and hell u probably know him just as well as I do. But to you he is the next Slingin Sammy, based on what I dont know. If I didnt love my Skins so much I would say draft the kid and stick him behind our O-line. That way we could all watch him get mauled all season long and I could basically say I TOLD YOU MORONS so!! But then again thats just MY opinion! With all due respect of course!!! HTTR!

With all due respect to you as well but an opinion is just that MY OPINION! And I just dont believe he is ready and even if he was SO WHAT?! I guess you know better than me about his shoulder right? Oh wait I forgot, you're not his surgeon, doctor, or physical therapist, and hell u probably know him just as well as I do. But to you he is the next Slingin Sammy, based on what I dont know. If I didnt love my Skins so much I would say draft the kid and stick him behind our O-line. That way we could all watch him get mauled all season long and I could basically say I TOLD YOU MORONS so!! But then again thats just MY opinion! With all due respect of course!!! HTTR!

awfully sensitive there killer. I'll take him at 4 if he's there. Even if his Shoulder isnt 100% we can afford to have him sit a whole year (which would be my preference) and start JC. Take a OT or G in the 2nd and then next year use our top 20 pick on a OT.

Dude, chill.

I didn't call you a moron and I don't worship Bradford in the least. I just said that his shoulder wasn't something that you knew about, and it's not.

There are bigger battles in the world to fight than the ones that don't even exist. :cheers:

Archived