Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything That Is The Foo Fighters!!!

Riggins77

Is there anyone in the entertainment industry that doesn't hate Dave Grohl? I think he is universally liked.

I mean, playing as The Beatles? Ballsy I think.

They put on fun, great shows and just seem like genuine guys. I'll never forget at one show done here around 5 years ago Grohl told the crowd that he had enough money, and didn't care if people downloaded their albums illegally. He said he just wanted people to sing along. That's really refreshing....

I have a lot of respect for Dave Grohl. After Cobain checked out, Grohl could have faded into obscurity and been that bitter guy at the bar but he bounced back with a band that has been relevant for nearly 2 decades, and lets be honest...Nirvana was already starting to experience a backlash/descent when it all ended.

I only own one Foo album, but I don't change the station when they come on. Also, in every interview I've ever seen him in, he came off very grateful for his success, and his fans.

• 3 months later...
Saw that the Foos are performing at Verizon Center November 11 and that presale starts tomorrow, anyone going?
:yes: If you've seen the Foos before, you know what to expect; if not, you owe it to yourself.

Plus Social Distortion opening :)

:yes: If you've seen the Foos before, you know what to expect; if not, you owe it to yourself.

Plus Social Distortion opening :)

Lucky...we get Cage the Elephant here in Sacramento.

Will be our 5th..or 6th time seeing them (Foo) though.

Although...last time we saw them..they had ultra cool Against Me! opening for them.

One of the main things I have left to do is see the Foos live.

I saw Nirvana live back in '92 at the Reading festival in one of the best set's I've ever seen. The ferocity and intensity of Kurt saying a big FU to the media who were running with him being a washed up drug addict has to be seen to be believed.

Hail.

• 2 months later...
One of the main things I have left to do is see the Foos live.

I saw Nirvana live back in '92 at the Reading festival in one of the best set's I've ever seen. The ferocity and intensity of Kurt saying a big FU to the media who were running with him being a washed up drug addict has to be seen to be believed.

Hail.

damn you're lucky to have seen that in person, I have the CD and DVD and it's a killer show

1 week :beavisnbutthead:

We saw them Tuesday night...they alone played for almost 3 hours. Definitely figure on staying late.

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 01:36 PM ----------

BTW - I wish we would have had Social D and Joy Formidable as the opening acts.

Mariachi El Bronx was kind of cool and I liked Cage the Elephant...but both pale in comparison to those 2 acts above.

Social D is badass.

We saw them Tuesday night...they alone played for almost 3 hours. Definitely figure on staying late.

---------- Post added November-4th-2011 at 01:36 PM ----------

BTW - I wish we would have had Social D and Joy Formidable as the opening acts.

Mariachi El Bronx was kind of cool and I liked Cage the Elephant...but both pale in comparison to those 2 acts above.

Social D is badass.

Three hours? :yikes:

Hell, it's Friday, and I got nothing the next day :)

Archived