Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning says Jason Campbell's sounded positive - guess not - MODS LOCK THIS

kiingspadee

So long as we are reading into peoples comments, how about Greg Williams comment on how "he would love for Manning to just stand in the pocket and hold the ball longer so they could get some hits on him, but Peyton is not that stupid", this has to be a deliberate shot at Campbells QB abilities?

What a bomb shell! You would think Williams would have other things to do like preparing for the super bowl, than to take time out to knock Campbell?:loser::koolaid:

So long as we are reading into peoples comments' date=' how about Greg Williams comment on how "he would love for Manning to just stand in the pocket and hold the ball longer so they could get some hits on him, but Peyton is not that stupid", this has to be a deliberate shot at Campbells QB abilities?

What a bomb shell! You would think Williams would have other things to do like preparing for the super bowl, than to take time out to knock Campbell?:loser::koolaid:[/quote']

When did Williams mention JC? That's really a stretch and a ridiculous one at that, to read anything to do with JC into his comment. But I wouldn't expect anything less from some posters.

Peyton specifically brought JC into the conversation without anyone else prompting him to do so. Completely different situation. And FWIW, I consider what Peyton said a small acknowledgement, not a HUGE prop.

So what you are saying is that we will not be doing anything to our OL this year. Correct? So you are also saying Shanny is a fool then conversely?

I expect that they will address the OL as much as possible.

With the uncapped year, and the myriad of needs the line has displayed, and the possibility that the top pick will be used elsewhere, it would be unwise to forecast a complete turnaround.

I can't forecast how good they may be next season. I do know, however, how bad they have sunk.That's our starting point for the OL, and we'll hope it improves from here.

None of that changes my premise, though.

I expect that they will address the OL as much as possible.

With the uncapped year, and the myriad of needs the line has displayed, and the possibility that the top pick will be used elsewhere, it would be unwise to forecast a complete turnaround.

I can't forecast how good they may be next season. I do know, however, how bad they have sunk.That's our starting point for the OL, and we'll hope it improves from here.

None of that changes my premise, though.

I also think the Skins' O-line will be better if we stay healthy. We used a 3rd round pick for Chad Rinehart and he's still 24 years old. I think he has the ability to be a good player for our line especially if this is it for Randy Thomas. A lot of people want an upgrade over Casey Rabach but he is actually ONE lineman we've had that hasn't been injured since we got him. If there is no no upgrade at center, he's still a decent player. We can resign him and grab a player later on to develop behind him. The two spots we need to fill are LT and RT. Even if Chris Samuels doesn't retire, we should get his eventual successor and throw him at RT. If not, we should target some vet O-lineman. And I hope we obtain Ben Hamilton via FA. He can start at multiple positions along the O-line and he is pretty good and durable.

So long as we are reading into peoples comments' date=' how about Greg Williams comment on how "he would love for Manning to just stand in the pocket and hold the ball longer so they could get some hits on him, but Peyton is not that stupid", this has to be a deliberate shot at Campbells QB abilities?

[/quote']

Personally, I think the Colts' offense is going to tear the Saints' defense a new one. I guess Gregg Williams never heard of bulletin board material. But anyways, check out Brett Favre's hamstring and ankle after the Saints-Viks game.....

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPostId=Blog%3a7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491Post%3a555f5471-950c-4abf-b179-0ec2fa6438ed&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Personally, I think the Colts' offense is going to tear the Saints' defense a new one. I guess Gregg Williams never heard of bulletin board material. But anyways, check out Brett Favre's hamstring and ankle after the Saints-Viks game.....

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPostId=Blog%3a7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491Post%3a555f5471-950c-4abf-b179-0ec2fa6438ed&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

The Saints WILL win the game if they can get shots like that on Manning. Brett Favre is truly one of the toughest to ever play the game. Peyton has been lucky enough to be in that timing offense for so long with excellent line play and most of the sacks he takes, he's already given up anyway. I'm definitely not taking anything away from Peyton... he's a top 5 QB of all time but if the Saints dial it up against Manning like that... it's over.

When did Williams mention JC? That's really a stretch and a ridiculous one at that, to read anything to do with JC into his comment. But I wouldn't expect anything less from some posters.

Peyton specifically brought JC into the conversation without anyone else prompting him to do so. Completely different situation. And FWIW, I consider what Peyton said a small acknowledgement, not a HUGE prop.

When he used the word stupid.:silly:

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo sits to pee, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Drew Brees, and many others have had one offensive to run when entering into a new franchise, while Jason Campbell has had to learn Gibbs' offense as a rookie, and then learn Al Saunders' offense, and then Jim Zorn's WCO, and now he has to learn Mike Shanahan's modified WCO.

Fans don't know how hard that could be on a QB. And through it all, Campbell has been a solid performer on the field, despite never leading his team to a winning record or a playoff birth, which has more to do with the team around him.

Your list would be wrong. I know Romo sits to pee, Leinart, Young, and Brees have had multiple offensive coordinators during their time in the league.

It is actually pretty abnormal for a QB to not experience it. The good ones adjust and no fuss is made about it. Peyton Manning has only had one coordinator because he showed great productivity early in his career. He's had 3 head coaches, but the offensive staff has remained constant. Why? Because if it ain't broke, then there is no need to fix it.

];7271856']Campbell will be on the squad AND in all probabilty start the season under center.

And fortunately' date=' with a HC who isn't retarded, the offense will be built to his strengths and we can sit back and relax and watch JC replicate the first half of 2008.[/quote']

so mike shanahan, who in recent years has run a throw first west coast offense, is going to get away from that because jason campbell is his only option? thats pathetic if you ask me. shanahan runs a system that relies on accurate smart QB play, weve already seen other broncos fans attest to as much. campbell is not a QB that should be on a throw first team. and we dont have the oline and runningbacks to duplicate the jets/panthers setup which is where JCs flaws could be hidden.

in short, i highly doubt shanny takes over with a proven track record and dials it back because campbell is poor.

i love how people bring up the first half of 08 where campbell just happened to have a hellacious defense and portis on pace for 2000 yards as an example of what he can do

(and they are the same people who denigrate todd collins' 4-0 run to end the season because his defense played slightly better than before)

and honestly, being a run first team isn't playing to your QB's strengths - it's masking his weaknesses. of course, there are still those that think campbell needs to be in a play-action/throw it deep system when he can't throw deep but okay

i love how people bring up the first half of 08 where campbell just happened to have a hellacious defense and portis on pace for 2000 yards as an example of what he can do

(and they are the same people who denigrate todd collins' 4-0 run to end the season because his defense played slightly better than before)

and honestly, being a run first team isn't playing to your QB's strengths - it's masking his weaknesses. of course, there are still those that think campbell needs to be in a play-action/throw it deep system when he can't throw deep but okay

over the past 2 seasons combined, campbell is 3/28, 179 yards 2 TDs and 2 INTs on passes thrown 30 yards or more.

but his deep ball is his strength. LOL

Your list would be wrong. I know Romo sits to pee, Leinart, Young, and Brees have had multiple offensive coordinators during their time in the league.

It is actually pretty abnormal for a QB to not experience it. The good ones adjust and no fuss is made about it. Peyton Manning has only had one coordinator because he showed great productivity early in his career. He's had 3 head coaches, but the offensive staff has remained constant. Why? Because if it ain't broke, then there is no need to fix it.

If you listen to the clip Manning will say out of his mouth that Having as many as JC had IS NOT normal. Going on to say it isnt fair and that even he would not have done well in that situation (the one in DC). But you presume to know better right?

The idea that some of you have that you replace the coaching staff first and the QB second is something that only our misguided organization and its fan base would do much...because its STUPID.

so mike shanahan, who in recent years has run a throw first west coast offense, is going to get away from that because jason campbell is his only option? thats pathetic if you ask me. shanahan runs a system that relies on accurate smart QB play, weve already seen other broncos fans attest to as much. campbell is not a QB that should be on a throw first team. and we dont have the oline and runningbacks to duplicate the jets/panthers setup which is where JCs flaws could be hidden.

in short, i highly doubt shanny takes over with a proven track record and dials it back because campbell is poor.

If Shanahan runs a system that relies on smart, accurate QB play.....then why would he draft Jay Cutler?

Jay Cutler is neither of those things....

If you listen to the clip Manning will say out of his mouth that Having as many as JC had IS NOT normal. Going on to say it isnt fair and that even he would not have done well in that situation (the one in DC). But you presume to know better right?

The idea that some of you have that you replace the coaching staff first and the QB second is something that only our misguided organization and its fan base would do much...because its STUPID.

You didn't refute a single thing I said - all of those other QBs that poster mentioned had to experience multiple OCs and systems.

Are you saying that the Colts exhibited infinite patience with Manning while he learned the system? Why do you think it is that they have never changed things offensively, despite there being 3 different head coaches? They've stuck with it because it has worked extremely well - there has been no need to change it. They have had amazing productivity from almost the get-go with what they have in place (except for those rare times that Manning hasn't played) - of course they're going to keep continuity. You think they wouldn't have changed things up if they had the abysmal offensive production that the Skins have shown with Campbell as QB?

That's laughable :ols:.

I guess the Falcons, Ravens, and Dolphins were stupid and misguided in 2008...misguided right into the playoffs.

You didn't refute a single thing I said - all of those other QBs that poster mentioned had to experience multiple OCs and systems.

Are you saying that the Colts exhibited infinite patience with Manning while he learned the system? Why do you think it is that they have never changed things offensively, despite there being 3 different head coaches? They've stuck with it because it has worked extremely well - there has been no need to change it. They have had amazing productivity from almost the get-go with what they have in place (except for those rare times that Manning hasn't played) - of course they're going to keep continuity. You think they wouldn't have changed things up if they had the abysmal offensive production that the Skins have shown with Campbell as QB?

That's laughable :ols:.

Did you even read what I wrote? Your response to my post is kinda odd if you did. The only part that was really directed at you was the "you presume you know better?" part. And I still wonder if you do. It sounds to me that you think manning just said what he did for ****s and giggles and because YOU have observed a few things from the outside, that you know better than he does. Thats what was directed at only to you. And thats stupid.

I never said anything about the colts showing patience. Please do twist my words to try and make me look silly. All im saying is continuity with a player, most importantly the QB, is important and that you replace a crap QB before a decent OC. I could give two poots about the QBs that, in your opinion, adapted to the situation and excelled. Now before you try to wright me off as one of the campbell guys understand that I think he should have been a casualty when Gibbs left.

The rest was really not worth writing now that I think about it because its way off topic (the whole thread is not though).

Jason Campbell was mentioned at the 47:00 mark.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/44/live/app#pid:man515097

Thanks for sharing the link. Every time I saw this WOW and HUGE props headline, I wondered if there was much truth to it.

Basically, all Peyton said was that the critics of Jason Campbell don't take into account that he has had six offensive coordinators in six years, and that Peyton would not have done well in those circumstances. So, what he is saying is that Jason Campbell has not done well, and he has an excuse for it. Welcome to the Jason Campbell excuse club, Peyton.

So, on Super Sunday, if the Saints defense can take Peyton out of his comfort zone, he won't do well. That is what Peyton is saying. New Orleans will do everything it can to confuse him because if they do, they win.

Well, all the early money for the Super Bowl went for Peyton and the Colts, but the money is now coming in for New Orleans. -5.5 now will probably be down to -4 or so at gametime. 56.5 over/under is a lot.

I'm going to bet that Peyton Manning has a Jasonesque game on Sunday. The excuse has already been made.

Did you even read what I wrote? Your response to my post is kinda odd if you did. The only part that was really directed at you was the "you presume you know better?" part. And I still wonder if you do. It sounds to me that you think manning just said what he did for ****s and giggles and because YOU have observed a few things from the outside, that you know better than he does. Thats what was directed at only to you. And thats stupid.

Please explain why it's stupid to presume that the reason why the Colts haven't changed their offensive braintrust (which is really Manning) is because what they have had in place has worked extremely well almost from the start. They would just be making change for the sake of making change. That would be (in terms you'd understand) stupid.

Please explain why it's stupid to presume that the reason why the Colts haven't changed their offensive braintrust (which is really Manning) is because what they have had in place has worked extremely well almost from the start. They would just be making change for the sake of making change. That would be (in terms you'd understand) stupid.

We aren't even arguing the same thing anymore. Seriously, I need you to tell me where I feel short in my verbage and lead you to believe I said ANYTHING about the Colts changing.....anything. I'm not being smart this time. I re-read all my post and I don't understand how you got this impression.

Really, I need to know. Communication is key. And just so we have this part clear, I dont believe you can speak (or write) in terms I wouldn't understand. You can try if you like im always up for a challenge.

If Shanahan runs a system that relies on smart, accurate QB play.....then why would he draft Jay Cutler?

Jay Cutler is neither of those things....

so cutler threw 25 TDs and 17 INTs, 4000+ yards, ran the #2 ranked offense, and made the probowl because hes an inaccurate dumb QB. then at least 2 teams were willing to offer multiple 1st round draft picks for him when the new coach wanted his own guy.

got it.

so cutler threw 25 TDs and 17 INTs, 4000+ yards, ran the #2 ranked offense, and made the probowl because hes an inaccurate dumb QB. then at least 2 teams were willing to offer multiple 1st round draft picks for him when the new coach wanted his own guy.

got it.

He has thrown almost 60 interceptions in the past 3 seasons combined.

It would be hard for me to call him someone who makes smart decisions or is very accurate.

Two sides to the story....

Archived