Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning says Jason Campbell's sounded positive - guess not - MODS LOCK THIS

kiingspadee

I always find it funny how a simple reference that Peyton Manning made to JC turns into 17 pages of yet another pro-JC/anti-JC thread. :ols:

I haven't read through all 17 pages, but I'm sure that someone has probably said that Peyton was trying to be nice because that's the kind of person he is so he wouldn't say anything bad about anyone.

I'm sure that Peyton has respect for JC as a fellow QB and both played in the SEC.

Wow. It must be so awesome to be so above the fray and to have all the answers. You're not thesubmittedone. You're Carnack.

...... insults and reading comprehension fail.....

Nice. That's what you do best, the name calling. Completely missed my entire point, which in no way elevated Campbell to a critique-proof status nor was in any way arrogant, but whatever. Isn't it funny how some will quote what I said and compliment it as fair-minded and astute, and then you come along and write an essay about how much of an arrogant schmuck I am, lol! This is exactly why I rarely get involved anymore. It's obvious what type of debater you are. And I believe you meant Carnac, not Carnack. If you're going to be a wise ass, try being wise while you do it, lol. Enjoy the thread. :)

Nice. That's what you do best, the name calling. Completely missed my entire point, which in no way elevated Campbell to a critique-proof status nor was in any way arrogant, but whatever. Isn't it funny how some will quote what I said and compliment it as fair-minded and astute, and then you come along and write an essay about how much of an arrogant schmuck I am, lol! This is exactly why I rarely get involved anymore. It's obvious what type of debater you are. And I believe you meant Carnac, not Carnack. If you're going to be a wise ass, try being wise while you do it, lol. Enjoy the thread. :)

Feel better now that you got that off your chest, Franckis? :silly:

It would be incredible to be as level-headed, impartial, and clear-thinking as you. You even have your own cheering section - how august of you to acknowledge them.

:ciao:

Other QB's who have given Campbell props...

Jaws, and Aikman. What does that mean? ...squat. Both if not all those guys would love to see Campbell be the starting QB for the Skins FOREVER!

He is absolutely NO competition, or a threat to any of those QBs, so of course they'll say that. If Word on the street was that Campbell would replace them, they'd be singing a different tune.

Also, thanks for the props on Campbell. Hopefully we'll get something for him in a trade.

Someone else mentioned this, but the fact that JC played from behind a lot, and and played a soft schedule actually padded his stats a bit.

ah. the old 'his numbers are ok, but not real cuz he padded his stats' argument.

i was under the impression that the vast majority of the skins games were close. he had four fourth quarter TD's all year. maybe he's not supposed to throw TD's in the third quarter then, cuz it would be padding his stats.

and he had, statistically, his worst games vs the soft part of the schedule. 6 TD's, 6 INT's in those 6 games. man, thats some serious stat padding there.

i guess we should discount all the stats from other QB's who actually did play from behind 'alot' and played against bad teams. because, apparently, JC was the only one that allegedly did that. but lets just discount his stats.

dont bother looking up the numbers or anything. well done!

no doubt you'll disagree, and normally i wouldnt try to communicate with someone who continually uses 'candle', but this post http://extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7271249&postcount=462 did a good job of breaking down the numbers.
LOL. That's another Candle-lover trying to handwave away the superior stats that Collins put up over Candle in 2007, and the 4-0 run under Collins vs 0-4 under Candle.

This sums it up.

.....and for the entire season.....

OWNED... lol
You got that right! Collins owned Candle, just like Candle lovers keep getting owned!

LOL. That's another Candle-lover trying to handwave away the superior stats that Collins put up over Candle in 2007, and the 4-0 run under Collins vs 0-4 under Candle.

This sums it up.

this is exactly why i said what i did about not trying to debate someone who says 'candle'. if you actually clicked on the link, you could actually respond to the points in the post. how else is anyone supposed to have intelligent debate?

sometimes its like 'i'm rubber, you're glue' around here. my own fault for trying to engage you in a topical discussion.

this is exactly why i said what i did about not trying to debate someone who says 'candle'. if you actually clicked on the link, you could actually respond to the points in the post. how else is anyone supposed to have intelligent debate?

sometimes its like 'i'm rubber, you're glue' around here. my own fault for trying to engage you in a topical discussion.

I already responded to them. Even gave you links. Your failure to even try to debate these points, is your fault. No one else's.

I wouldn't call it HUGE...I simply call it professional courtesy from one QB to another. Most realize that JC has the potential to be an awesome QB, but what has been missing is the consistancy of coaching and management!!! Compare JC to any one of us professionals...if our leadership and mentorship is inconsistant, so are we. We are a direct reflection of who we work for. JC is no different. Hail!!!!

I already responded to them. Even gave you links. Your failure to even try to debate these points, is your fault. No one else's.

my point was, passizle brought up that the D played much better those 4 games than they had before. and portis was huge in 3 of those games. but you didnt address it, you posted stats about JC vs collins. maybe i missed it?

This sums it up.

You got that right! Collins owned Candle, just like Candle lovers keep getting owned!

Campbell sucked during the first 8 games of 2007, but over the next 4, he threw for 50 more ypg & .25 more TD pg, against better defenses (including the NUMBER ONE pass D) than Collins. Not saying he played better than Collins (Collins played better), but the passing game was already starting to pick up around the midway point of the season, which was about a year after JC first got into the starting lineup. Collins has been quoted as saying that it takes about a year to learn Saunders' offense. Coincidence?

Not saying he played better than Collins (Collins played better),

of course collins played better. and how do you know this? cause u have set of eyes and u used it to determine how good collins was. when he came in , offense looked instantly better. eyes dont lie unless u dont want to believe what u saw.

but the passing game was already starting to pick up around the midway point of the season, which was about a year after JC first got into the starting lineup. Collins has been quoted as saying that it takes about a year to learn Saunders' offense. Coincidence?

starting to pick up? hardly. against the bears before he went down, this guy candle was horrendous. I was at the game. one of the coldest home game we had. candle was so bad that when collins came in, collins couldve played it mediocre and wouldve made the offense instantly better but he played very well.

takes a yr? exaggeration. because of the number of pages in the playbook, everybody was lead to believe that sort of stuff. and for ur sake, lets say it does take a yr. then what. it's what QB do with it. just cause it has been a yr and a QB knows the system doesnt automatically mean, that QB is gonna lit it up. it still comes down to qb's ability, skills to make the plays happen. and this means, that qb needs to be able to read defense prior to snap, quick release, able to hit recievers in stride, ACCURATE... which candle does not have.

hope this helps.

I'm not sure what this means, or why it matters or is relevant to JC's potential as a QB. Plenty of qualified people around the league said that Zorn was put in a bad situation--doesn't change the fact that Zorn is not a good HC'ing prospect. Even if JC hasn't been in the greatest of situations, it's still obvious that he's not a future franchise QB, or a QB that most teams would want to build their offense around. It's easily possible to acknowledge the organization's lack of stability AND JC's shortcomings. Some of you need to stop worrying about what fans think, or what other players and coaches think--the organization showed last season how it felt about JC when it tried to trade him, and then--when that didn't work out--when it showed significant interest in Sanchez.

starting to pick up? hardly. against the bears before he went down, this guy candle was horrendous. I was at the game. one of the coldest home game we had. candle was so bad that when collins came in, collins couldve played it mediocre and wouldve made the offense instantly better but he played very well.
Not defending JC's play during the first 8 games, but...

0-4 streak in 2007

Total offensive net Ypg: 344.5

Opponents’ yards allowed per game: 321.75

4-0 streak in 2007

Total offensive net Ypg: 343.75

Opponents’ yards allowed per game: 227.25

Btw, earlier in this thread, you said that 6 of JC's TDs were meaningless, or something to that effect. Which 6 were those?

SonnyJ

Don't pay attention to Submittedone. Maybe I should bump that "Brunell isn't limiting Saunders playcalling" thread he made back in 2006. He's always on the wrong side of QB debates and he's arrogant about it, I think as a compensation for the fact he's insecure about being so terribly wrong all the time. He's "doubling down on wrong," so to speak. You see this with a number of his comrades-in-arms.

SonnyJ

Don't pay attention to Submittedone. Maybe I should bump that "Brunell isn't limiting Saunders playcalling" thread he made back in 2006. He's always on the wrong side of QB debates and he's arrogant about it, I think as a compensation for the fact he's insecure about being so terribly wrong all the time. He's "doubling down on wrong," so to speak. You see this with a number of his comrades-in-arms.

Wow, always? Really? Just because I was wrong about ONE QB, I'm always wrong? Lol, how fitting for you to grossly oversimplify and exaggerate... it's what you do so many times with Campbell.

Right Mr. I love Ramsey. Should I say you're always wrong because you liked Ramsey a bit too much? Back off of me, enough is enough. I don't post a thousand times a day about the same subject, yet somehow the guys who do call me arrogant and insecure?

That hindsight is 20/20 thing goes both ways, my man. I liked Brunell a bit too much, sure, but you think you're above that when you had an absolute man crush with Ramsey?

There's more to football than the QB position, and I've been right about plenty of guys. Why don't you check my predictions this year of who would step up, and who wouldn't based on preseason play?

I said Rocky Mcintosh and Andre Carter were both primed for career years before the season started. Check.

I said Campbell was a mixed bag, and I wasn't sure, but that I felt his mechanics were improved. Check.

I said Laron Landry is driving me crazy and that I believe he is not doing what it takes in preparation based on his preseason play, where he seemed to be a second too late on almost every throw in his area. Check.

I was absolutely livid with Rabach's play, and said he's going to get Jason killed. Though others on the Oline overshadowed his poor play, I'd still give that a check too.

You want to bring up how I felt about Brunell, but how about everything else? You only go around bumping threads about QBs you obsessive weirdo, lol? So you only follow the QB position, huh? Anything else wouldn't fit your petty agenda.

Enough already. Back off of me, and leave my name out of your mouth when you delve into your yearly "Redskin QB bash-a-thon so long as it's not Ramsey".

I've been wrong about plenty as well. I was wrong about both Brunell and Ramsey. I was angry when Gibbs chose to keep Ramsey on the bench after the first game against the Bears in 05. I was wrong about Brandon Lloyd, who I thought for the longest time would eventually be great for us. I was wrong about Randle El, who I thought would have a career year this year for us.

Is that arrogance? When is the last time you admitted you were wrong?

A major aspect of arrogance is an unwillingness to accept that you may be wrong. I've went from really feeling like Campbell was our franchise QB, to not being sure about it once Todd played so well, to believing again after the first half of the 08 season, to feeling like Campbell may never be our franchise guy, but is definitely a very competent QB and can do plenty of good for us. Of course, I accept the fact that I may be wrong, and he may be nothing more than a career back up or worse, but that doesn't mean I have to stand by and let people use ridiculous arguments to support that.

On the other hand, when was the last time you guys even accepted the possibility that you may be wrong about Campbell and his potential?

Yeah... and I'm arrogant. :ols:

Bottom Line..

Even the best QB in the game will fail in Washington because we have no stability.

You can't blame JC

This is what Peyton Manning is saying.

"It's tough to win in this league, and my success is due in large part to the great consistency I've had through my career, especially when I was a growing QB. It must suck when you lose and put up decent stats like Campbell, to be evaluated the wrong way by the moron fans/media who tend to look in one general direction and that's it."

Basically: Peyton Manning is agreeing that having consistency "OFFENSIVE SYSTEM WISE" is very important. That's something a lot of you around here dumb down and say "What excuse will you use next?" Peyton isn't making up bull**** here people. He's speaking the truth. If you want answers as to why Campbell isn't at the top of his game yet, maybe see the damn facts for facts and not just "excuses". It would be hard for me to get good grades in school too if I had to learn a new ****ing language every year of my life and then had my family bash the **** out of me for not performing well.

Archived