Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning says Jason Campbell's sounded positive - guess not - MODS LOCK THIS

kiingspadee

Nonsense Dog ... there is no franchise OT in this Draft ... let alone one worth $ 40 million at the No. 4 spot. In order to take an OT in the first round ... Skins have to trade down ... otherwise risk the stash on a so-so tackle who may not even start his rookie year. I don't see any takers lining up. Shanny will take the QB and dump Campbell.

Well done!

I think Peyton Manning grew up a Redskins fan.. Maybe he still has a little bit of love for us and watches our games regularly..

On a side note, I can't believe how some of you act on here.. Jason Campbell is a Redskins QB and someone actually said it would be funny if Peyton had said that he sucked... Really?? Some of you guys are coming off like you down right wish Jason Campbell fails regardless of the outcome or reprocussions.. It really is personal with some of you guys isn't it?

I would like to see campbell gone , I mean the Skins are starting a new era for the team. Jason to me just doesn't seem to have a natural athleticism about him, his throwing mechanics are slower than mollasses and he consistently telegraphs his throws. We all have seen this time and time again. :helmet:

Nonsense Dog ... there is no franchise OT in this Draft ... let alone one worth $ 40 million at the No. 4 spot. In order to take an OT in the first round ... Skins have to trade down ... otherwise risk the stash on a so-so tackle who may not even start his rookie year. I don't see any takers lining up. Shanny will take the QB and dump Campbell.

I hope when you say "dump Campbell", you mean after this year.

Only a fool would pick a rookie franchise QB & treat him like a pinata behing an OL in serious need of revamping, when there is a moderately priced RFA starting QB already on the roster.

Thankfully, Shanahan is no fool.

And you would do well to get used to seeing Campbell behind center come September '10.

Only a fool would pick a rookie franchise QB & treat him like a pinata behing an OL in serious need of revamping, when there is a moderately priced RFA starting QB already on the roster.

You are right he is no fool so Jason will not be starting in the B&G this year, thank God.

I just don't know. When WOW and HUGE are used to describe Peyton Manning's recognition that Campbell has played for a lot of different offensive coordinators, the bar is set pretty low.

Now, when Jaws touted Campbell as MVP just two years ago, that was HUGE. WOW!

I will never ever say JC has had a fair shake at things considering where he was drafted.

Gibbs was a motivator of men, and Air Coryell was his thing, but the running game moreseo. He didn't adapt to the game so how could Jason.

Zorn was a positional coach and nothing more as is evidence by his recent hiring in Baltimore.

Peyton is right. Does that make JC the QB we've been looking for and so desperately need? Probably not. But I won't be upset if JC is given another chance.

];7271856']Campbell will be on the squad AND in all probabilty start the season under center.

And fortunately' date=' with a HC who isn't retarded, the offense will be built to his strengths and we can sit back and relax and watch JC replicate the first half of 2008.[/quote']

Sounds like a bet coming. First off it's probably 50/50 he isn't here. IF he is here at the beginning of camp he will have to compete which he thinks is beneath him so if there is a God we will draft Bradford at #4 and throw Jason and his agent into a tizzy.

It's going to be fun for sure!

2 years learning Gibbs offense' date=' which he failed, then he had to learn the same offense with some different verbiage under Saunders and failed, then he had 2 years under Zorn and failed. Not to mention he ran the WCO in college and should have been ahead of the curve learning Zorns offense.

[/quote']:point2sky Let the truth be accepted people!

I don't know if Campbell has met with Shanahan yet, but if he hasn't, he might want to consider an attitude adjustment before that meeting. I mean he will be interviewing for a leadership job, not as Victim VI.

Last off season, he got a ton of sympathy and it has rolled over to this year.

He is in danger of becoming the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

Peyton probably recognizes that.

campbell has a bad attitude?

Oh, yeah, haven't you heard?

When he doesn't say much, he has a lack of leadership. Until he does, in which case, he is a sissy little whiner.

It's the first thing that Shanahan criticized him for--his attitude & how he handles things..

(/sarcasm)

On media day he was just discussing on how Jason Campbell had to deal with all these offensive coordinators and he said he doesn't have any idea on how he would deal with that kind of situation and he thinks that says a lot about Jason to just keep trying and the reason he was discussing that was because how he has had the same one his entire career

that explains favre's poor recent performance!...3 OCs in 3 years also.

And you would do well to get used to seeing Campbell behind center come September '10.

So what you are saying is that we will not be doing anything to our OL this year. Correct? So you are also saying Shanny is a fool then conversely?

campbell has a bad attitude?

Well, he is pretty dour. Sullen. Doesn't show much enthusiasm. Some people call that quiet leadership, but I think it is lacking.

I think Shanahan will appreciate a more John Elway type drive, and that is one which is exhibited a little more often than never.

I could be wrong. Shanahan may appreciate an emotionless QB.

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo sits to pee, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Drew Brees, and many others have had one offensive to run when entering into a new franchise, while Jason Campbell has had to learn Gibbs' offense as a rookie, and then learn Al Saunders' offense, and then Jim Zorn's WCO, and now he has to learn Mike Shanahan's modified WCO.

Fans don't know how hard that could be on a QB. And through it all, Campbell has been a solid performer on the field, despite never leading his team to a winning record or a playoff birth, which has more to do with the team around him.

It's amazing how many people got their panties up in a bunch about Peyton's comments. :ols:

How you can take that as anything but a compliment is beyond me. I tell you one thing, those who throw around the "you can't use the 'changing system' excuse for Campbell" will now find it harder to do so. When Peyton Manning himself makes it as clear as day that it's extremely important, and brings up Campbell specifically when he had no reason nor an agenda to do so, that changes things for those, uhm, "types". Should make for, at the very least, a little bit better discussion when it comes to Campbell.

I hope. Otherwise it'll be the same old :beatdeadhorse:

that explains favre's poor recent performance!...3 OCs in 3 years also.

Glad you brought Favre up, because isn't that the same Qb who left a WCO in GB and went to a WCO in NY, who then specifically tailored their WCO for Sir Favre, who then left the WCO in NY and went to a WCO in Minny, where much of the terminology and concepts he's used to were the same, which was even specifically mentioned during the offseason a thousand times (how many times did we hear "Minny is definitely a spot Favre would seemingly fit in, with Childress running a WC system that Favre is well-versed in"), again showing the importance of the "system"?

Yeah, that Favre? Nice try though with that "3 OCs in 3 years", lol. ;)

Isn't "props" on the banned list for being overused by every local sports broadcaster in the country?

On media day he was just discussing on how Jason Campbell had to deal with all these offensive coordinators and he said he doesn't have any idea on how he would deal with that kind of situation and he thinks that says a lot about Jason to just keep trying and the reason he was discussing that was because how he has had the same one his entire career

I have envisioned this mystery WOW factor comment by Peyton Manning:

Q: So, Peyton, are you a superstar quarterback because you have been in the same offensive system for your entire career?

A: Of course. I would be average at best if I had to deal with the changes that Jason Campbell has had to deal with.

Well, I guess that sums up the WOW factor. Jason Campbell = Peyton Manning.

:pokeye:

Archived