Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning says Jason Campbell's sounded positive - guess not - MODS LOCK THIS

kiingspadee

I wouldn't say that's huge props to JC. Alot of people have been saying its been hard to switch between OCs all the time. I mean wouldn't it be hard to be constantly switching bosses? I admire JC for what he has done, but honestly, what else could he do besides keep trying?

I wouldn't say that's huge props to JC. Alot of people have been saying its been hard to switch between OCs all the time. I mean wouldn't it be hard to be constantly switching bosses? I admire JC for what he has done, but honestly, what else could he do besides keep trying?

Well obviously it wasn't word for word but just his tone and the way he was talking I'd say yeah it was

To clarify since no link is available (not your fault):

was Peyton asked how he felt about having the same O coordinator his entire career and he brought up Jason Campbell on his own? Or was Jason brought up by the reporter as part of the question?

The reason I ask, is that there is a significant difference between a reporter aknowledging the fact that Jason has been screwed, and future HOF quarterback Peyton Manning recognizing all the hardship that Jason has had to put up with. Seeing that not only is Jason in a different geographic location, media market, division, conference, etc, I find it very encouraging that Peyton would aknowledge our quarterback without being prompted.

So now we have the greatest QB in the game on retainer stoking up Jason's trade value.

Bruce Allen, evil GENIUS! :evilg:

Hail.

IF that is what they are planning, and they get a high pick, i would kiss Bruse Allen and praise Snyder for hiring him. For once we would come out on top of a trade.

So let me get this straight, Peyton says that JC keeps trying (paraphrasing here) and that's "Props"?

That's like you coming in last in a race and me saying "well at least you tried really hard." Is that "props" or would you kick me in the nuts?

P.S. - Peyton is actually a phenominal actor so I wouldn't read too much into his tone or body language.

I was watching the NFL Network and they were doing a peice on the upcoming NFL Combine and they were showing footage of Peyton going through the drills at the Combine the year he was drafted.

The one thing I kept noticing was the man standing behind him, watching him do the drills.

OC Tom Moore. He stood out like a sore thumb. Those two have been linked to one another since before he was drafted.

He almost retired during the offseason last year because of the change in the pension rules.

I would just like to point out that JC has been doing this since college. He lead Auburn to a 13-0 record his senior year and rarely turned over the ball. The only problem is the best of the best play in the NFL, unlike in college. That last year in college he had one of the best running back tandems in the past decade which is pretty similar to the league leading rush offense he had the first 8 games of the 2008 season. What's notable is during both instances his numbers were pretty pedestrian.

The big issue is that his running game remained all season that last year in college but his OL and running game faltered in the second half of the 2008 season. My point...when it's on his shoulders solely, he falters...Peyton doesn't. Look at Peyton's horrific run game this year, he still dominated because he is a student of the game at the one position you need to be more than any other. JC is obviously no Peyton, but he's not going to carry the team when they need him to either like Peyton does.

Me personally, I have a tough time believing Peyton wasn't doing anything more than pitying and trying to encourage Campbell.

"he doesn't have any idea on how he would deal with that kind of situation" does not = props.

"He thinks that says a lot about Jason" = props.

And as someone else said, his demeanor, facial expression and tone of voice while saying it probably convey's the "props" as much as (if not more than) reading the words alone secondhand on a message board.

Why did Jason Campbell's name even come up?

Also' date=' did you think Manning would say, "That guy blows."[/quote']

Ha!! :rotflmao:

That would be the funniest conference ever!

Reporter: Peyton, how does it feel to have had stability in your coaching staff your entire career unlike Washington's Jason Campbell?

Peyton: Who?

Reporter: Uhh.. Jason Campbell from the Washington Redskins..

Peyton: Is he a kicker or something?

Reporter: No he's the starting Quarterback.

Peyton: Wow. That dude must really suck. Glad I'm not him.

That should be an SNL skit!

They asked a question about his relationship with his offensive coord and the first thing he goes on about is Jason Campbell and kept going for a while talking about how Jason has adapted and so forth. I understand some of the bashing I am getting but if you saw it maybe you would lighten up!

Peyton had 0 reason to bring up Jason Campbell at all! None! There was nothing directed about the Redskins or anything it was completely out of the blue

I'm calling BS on all of this OC stuff as it pertains to JC. Jason is a middle of the road QB, not terrible, but not great. He has had 5 years to refine his game.

How long did it take Drew Brees to adjust to a new OC in NO?

2005(SD) 3576 yds 24TD's 15 INTS's 89.2 rating

2006(NO) 4418 yds 26TD's 11 INT's 96.2 rating

You could go down the list and look at lots of elite QB's who have had OC changes, and I'm guessing as many have thrived as have not.

Now all of that being said, Jason has played behind a shoddy OL without a true #1 receiver, so if he gets a partial pass, it should be based on the talent surrounding him.

The good thing that we as redskins fans have now is Shanny as the coach. I trust him to watch tape and come to a conclusion about campbell. If he says that campbell is the stater than the haters have to live with it.

Completely agree.

And I agree with vice versa of that as well. If Shanny drafts his own QB of the future, he gets my full support. Shanahan is a proven coach and deserves the benefit of the doubt early on, IMO.

Peyton Manning, acting like a class act, no surprises here. Hardly constitutes as props though. Peyton acknowledged that Jason's road hasn't been easy, no one is denying that. However, had Jason achieved a level of success that actually made the offense look somewhat existent, the OC probably wouldn't have changed time and again. You don't fix something that isn't broken.

Archived