Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

History Of ExtremeSkins

Fortunately, Jumbo joined the staff AFTER I left :)

But I don't live with regrets.... and I stand by anything I've ever said and done.

Tony, I don't know if you remember some of our earlier exchanges, like when I tried to donate to a cause you were leading in an old thread topic of yours that had been bumped and I didn't know about that feature and thought it was current. You tried to let me off the hook, but I stuck it back in, happily. I think I remember pissing you off or dissapointing you a few times as a new mod, I'm not sure. :)

I'm not sure if I remember right about you being still on staff as I was getting to know everyone around here after joining instead of lurking, but I sure have many colorful memories of matters involving you and others even after you left the staff. :D

But my personal take on you has always been the same, no matter what the controvery or hub-bub involving you and anyone else, or how you may have viewed me at any given time--you are one of my all-time ES favorite posters; the very top tier.

I have such gratitude and a great deal of respect for what you and Eric and Art, and the others who followed, did here. I was actually on my way off the board, net-communities not having been my interest and things in my life getting busier, and was telling Mark and John that when they originally asked me to join the staff.

I begged off for a few days, the other guys all PM'ed me numerous times, and I felt I owed this place a return for all you and the others gave to me (and so many others) as a lone wolf Redskins fan living in Alaska and the PacNW most of my life.

That gratitude is the foundation of my having remained these last years to do all I can even with a very busy professional and personal life, and that respect leaves me using your level of commitment as a model. And I'm glad Rick has more the kind of IT/web talent you had since I certainly don't have a drop of it. ;)

Thanks, DH.

Edited by Jumbo
  • Like 1

I think I remember pissing you off or dissapointing you a few times as a new mod, I'm not sure. :)

There isn't a mod/staff member who hasn't disappointed me or pissed me off at least once :) I had a lot invested in ES (money, time, etc).... it was my baby... one of the few things in life that I held some ownership in.... so yes, I had certain expectations and visions for it.

And Eric and I did encourage our staff to take ownership... and we valued your feedback. Even when it came at our own expense, though begrudgingly.

And I can honestly say I'm still the same person today as I was back then. I never changed -- which is a large part of what gets me in trouble :)

It was a difficult decision to part ways with something I invested so much in.... but it was the right decision. And no regrets.

I've applied that same passion and commitment to other endeavors in my life.... and it's given me just as much frustration and fulfillment as ES.com.

I seem to have a 5-year attention span :) First with coaching football and now with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. And only the latter has actually been good for my health :)

• Like 1

>> In August, the merger was official. ExtremeSkins.com became the first pre-existing fan site ever acquired by an NFL team.

Given the way Snyder throws money at free agents and such, I hope you all got truck loads of cash out of the deal. (...though I do miss the player database).

• Like 1

There isn't a mod/staff member who hasn't disappointed me or pissed me off at least once :) I had a lot invested in ES (money, time, etc).... it was my baby... one of the few things in life that I held some ownership in.... so yes, I had certain expectations and visions for it.

And Eric and I did encourage our staff to take ownership... and we valued your feedback. Even when it came at our own expense, though begrudgingly.

And I can honestly say I'm still the same person today as I was back then. I never changed -- which is a large part of what gets me in trouble :)

It was a difficult decision to part ways with something I invested so much in.... but it was the right decision. And no regrets.

I've applied that same passion and commitment to other endeavors in my life.... and it's given me just as much frustration and fulfillment as ES.com.

I seem to have a 5-year attention span :) First with coaching football and now with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. And only the latter has actually been good for my health :)

Still blaming me for the losses? :D

Edited by DRSmith
  • Like 1

Still blaming me for the losses? :D

On the season.... we go 9-0 without you there. 0-2 when you are in attendance. Both teams we lost to.... we beat twice each during the course of the season. Not only did we beat them twice each... but we destroyed them in all 4 of those games.

You figure it out :)

The league made some big offseason changes. Though I'm inclined to retire... I know I'll have an all-star fullback and tailback that will destroy the league next year... as well as 3 returning offensive linemen. The temptation is there... but it'll be a hard sell with the wife.

But I am enjoying the BJJ training... as so is Liam. And it's about time I spend some time on myself... than continually giving it to others :)

• Like 1

On the season.... we go 9-0 without you there. 0-2 when you are in attendance. Both teams we lost to.... we beat twice each during the course of the season. Not only did we beat them twice each... but we destroyed them in all 4 of those games.

You figure it out :)

The league made some big offseason changes. Though I'm inclined to retire... I know I'll have an all-star fullback and tailback that will destroy the league next year... as well as 3 returning offensive linemen. The temptation is there... but it'll be a hard sell with the wife.

But I am enjoying the BJJ training... as so is Liam. And it's about time I spend some time on myself... than continually giving it to others :)

Hey dude you keep enjoying tie with the family and getting in shape and I will do the same and come the fall undo it all on Sunday afternoons you know I will have the Sunday ticket.

• Like 1

I read only without logging in for about a year until I finally registered in 2002. This place was a lot different back then. ES is still the best source of Skins info anywhere, but the debates were so much more interesting back then with guys like Art, DH, Jimster, Henry Om, Bulldog, Tarhog, and '62 all going at it. Back then you got familiar with everyone's writing styles and philosophies, and good threads would last for days and days.

• Like 1

Agreed GSF. I've been around for a bit (check my avatar, it's no longer available)-mostly as a reader. DH and the gang did a great job putting this thing together. I don't have a long attention span myself, but I can honestly say that I've checked this board at least once a day over the past 10 years unless something "extreme" was going on in my life that wouldn't allow it.

I also got a chance to interact a bit with DH on the personal side-never met him personally, but we've exchanged a few things back and forth from time-to-time.......

And who could ever forget the geo challenged forum?

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1

Did one of you founders ever work at MCI/WorldCom?

Back in the day (probably 2002ish), I went to a Wizards game and sat in the MCI/WorldCom box at MCI Center. Conversations turned to the Redskins, and a blonde haired kid who was in the box with us said he started a site called extremeskins.com. Ring a bell anyone?

• Like 1

I read only without logging in for about a year until I finally registered in 2002. This place was a lot different back then. ES is still the best source of Skins info anywhere, but the debates were so much more interesting back then with guys like Art, DH, Jimster, Henry Om, Bulldog, Tarhog, and '62 all going at it. Back then you got familiar with everyone's writing styles and philosophies, and good threads would last for days and days.

true dat. don't forget the panache Blondie brought to the board, Utah's insightful football analysis, AtlantaSkin's other worldly analysis and contentiousness.....

it's seems as though the old guard - and all their ties/memories to the 70s, 80s and 90s - have moved on to be replaced by a younger, exceedingly avid/loyal, but un-leavened group of fans. and so the cycle continues.

one thing is certain: this board has always had cantankerous currents running through it...and always will...until the home team returns to dominance among the NFL's elite.

• Like 1

One of the more interesting things to watch over the span of only a couple of years,was the growth of the Tailgate,(known for a brief time as The Bleachers if memory serves). Both in its popularity as well as the subject matter. Though one does tend to lead to the other. There was a time when you could visit the Tailgate and see subjects on the first page that had been there for months. Probably just a result of the growth of ES in general,but it was interesting to see.

Edited by Park City Skins
  • Like 1