Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

History Of ExtremeSkins

I joined this site back when Joe Gibbs joined and all the Free Agent moves that were going on. I got tired of reading the same stale information SportsCenter, etc were producing...so I went to the Redskins site and saw they had an official messageboard. I joined, but I never got a activation email, so I was never able to post. When Art started up the TribalWars team, I joined, and he activated me on ES after I asked him.

This site is the best run anywhere. I am always amazed about the amount of insider information I can find on here. Theres never a dull day here on Extremeskins.

:cheers:

i first came here when spurrier was hired.... it took quite some time before i actually joined due to some personal issues in life however i do remember diehard not being happy with the merger and remember him saying he he was leaving and would probably be found in other venues... however i never truly understood why he left ..... meaning what happened between he and the redskins org that turned him away from the site as a whole...

Fun read, I remember being really pissed when they sold the site to the Redskins thinking my whole internet world was going to be shattered and I would be relegated back to just surfing yahoo in my down time at work.

Thanks guys for all you did to keep this website running and making people feel like a part of it. ES has done so much to make us regular dumb fans more educated and in turn becoming hypercritical analysts of the team.

Quick shout out to the tailgate which deserves some more love from this article as I felt it really separated this site from the others back in the day. Great article tho, thanks MtH.

Wow, thanks Mark, for the detailed read on the history of the site!

And thank you to everyone who played a part in the development ... and of course, thank you to all who moderate the site currently.

Awesome job, really.

:cheers:

I still can't figure out why, although I particpated in message boards from the mid 90's on, I didn't discover this site sooner?!?!

One more thing ... can we please bring back the old laugh smiley? I hate this drooling perv one: :laugh:

:)

i thank Die Hard, the staff, and OM especially who got/gave me the blessings to be like the sister of the site and create WizardsExtreme.com

I am truly honored to be on the site with great management here.

They have influenced me, and this website to me are the RUN DMC of fan forums haha.

I appreciate the love and support that WE (WizardsExtreme) was given by this staff and fans.

Thank You ExtremeSkins.com

and heres to another 100 years plus!!

Edited by DonMagicJuan

This site has taken my fandom to another level. I thought I was hard core before I found ES.

I devoted more time to the Redskins in my first three months here than I had throughout my entire 24 years combined. I can't fathom ever wanting to be a fan w/ out ES because it would seem boring.

I've had so many great times at ES tailgates in Dallas, Seattle, NE, Balt, GB, and of course Landover.

I can't thank the founding fathers enough.

ES is a very nice site.....as I will attest at member #9. Just say I have a Sonny disposition on ES!!!!

now...when will we get "the rest of the story"? for instance, the obvious divisions among the plank owners that has led to a competing website. or the"word of mouth" component that led to an accelerating membership?

ES is a very nice site.....as I will attest at member #9. Just say I have a Sonny disposition on ES!!!!

now...when will we get "the rest of the story"? for instance, the obvious divisions among the plank owners that has led to a competing website. or the"word of mouth" component that led to an accelerating membership?

I have witnessed a great deal, been confided in a great deal, and accumulated (saved) extensive data (much of it quite salacious, provocative, and downright “OMG”, involving many “big names”) for an insider tell-all that I will release when I am done on ES. :silly: :evilg: :D

Edited by Jumbo

Thank you Mark for putting this together. Now I now who is the face behind - Hi There. :) and other as well.

I am now just wondering what is a better star-up story now: Microsoft or ES? :)

Is there any possibility of updating the players database? I could help. And could host the DB on my company's website (which I own) if needed for no charge. :)

Edited by zskins