Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Late Night host gets the ES stamp of approval?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been watching Conan for years. Only missed 1 episode of the Tonight Show w/ Conan. ConeZone all the way. I used to really like Leno, but I will never watch the Tonight Show again. Plus Leno is only funny because of his writers. He is just kind of a talking head.

It's kind of funny to hear all of the hate and venom aimed at Leno. Yeah, I watch Conan too and find him more funny than Leno and all of the other late night talk show hosts, but Damn, the hatred for Leno is really surprising. Leno was mopping up the floor with that unfunny piece of garbage Letterman for 15 years before he moved to an earlier time slot. I have no doubt in my mind that once Leno goes back to Late Night, he'll continue to abuse Letterman in that time slot for years to come.

On another note, why is Letterman seen as an "alternative" to watch instead of Leno? I really don't get the admiration for Letterman, like he's funnier and more popular than Leno? Letterman has been a tool for the past 5-7 years, and he is also somewhat bitter and angry about Leno being more successful. Not to mention he really made himself look like an ass during that Palin encounter last year. Letterman is and always will be a lower level host below Conan and Jay Leno. These barbs that he's been throwing at Jay are probably because he realizes how it's going to suck being in second place once Jay takes back the Tonight Show.

I think it's time for all three of them to move on.

Give me a choice between :

Katt Williams

Sarah Silverman

and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino

Then we got a battle.

Mike the Douchebag Sorrentino? :shot:

Silverman maybe.

Right now, Stewart/Colbert

I like all the late night guys except Jay

Jimmy Fallon has actually been doing some cool stuff. I've caught his show a few times and I like it (I was wrong about him originally). Craig Ferguson is a very funny dude and I think he does probably the best interviews of everyone. Jimmy Fallon has a good show and Dave Letterman is still great. Conan is awesome.

Did I mention Jay Leno sucks?

Someone should give Chevy Chase or Magic Johnson a show. That's a formula for success.

But seriously, it's Conan all the way. Come on. Him and Jon Stewart. They should bump the Daily Show down to 10:30 (10 would be more traditional, but that'd conflict with their other programming, especially when South Park is in season), Colbert to 11, and give Conan the 11:30 slot. Realistically he'll probably go to Fox, though.

Jon Stewart as an actual late night host would just blow my mind. Comedy Central has ties to CBS. Jon Stewart possibly as Letterman's successor in a few years? That would be great.

I just don't see it. I think he likes what he's doing too much, and is too good at it, to leave, and I also think CBS probably likes Ferguson enough to justify not paying Stewart what they would have to in order to land him.

Who knows, though? Throw enough money at him down the road and maybe it could happen.

Archived