Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Club Level Changes

Stugein

I think I better understand the removal of the club seats. To me, the extra height of the HD boards didn't justify removing all those seats. But now they're talking about ribbon screens "adjacent" to the HD boards. "Adjacent" must mean "on top of", and looking at the pics, it appears that's what's happening. That explains the extra height. With that extra height, it appears most of the seats will have an obstructed view back there. Which is why they have to pull them.

ned4790.jpg

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Choose_Daktronics_For_Stadium_Video_Boards_116663.jsp

I think I better understand the removal of the club seats. To me, the extra height of the HD boards didn't justify removing all those seats. But now they're talking about ribbon screens "adjacent" to the HD boards. "Adjacent" must mean "on top of", and looking at the pics, it appears that's what's happening. That explains the extra height. With that extra height, it appears most of the seats will have an obstructed view back there. Which is why they have to pull them.

<snip>

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Choose_Daktronics_For_Stadium_Video_Boards_116663.jsp

I think you are exactly right. Where my seats were is right behind the new extra scaffolding built up there in that picture. If left where they were I'd be staring at the back of whatever that ends up being.

I hope they don't over do it on the LCD ribbon boards at FedEx. Too many bright colors can be a visual assault; as seen in some venues like Nats Park.

Fortunately, it seems to be more of an annoyance in arenas and ballparks than at football stadiums.

I wouldn't be surprised if ribbon boards replaced all of the rotating signs hanging on the front wall of the 300 level teir at Raljon.

If they put flashy advertising on those ribbon boards like they did with the goddamn E-Trade boards half a decade ago, I'm going to be pissed off. The advertising completely cancels out the usefulness of the board. If it has ads, I'll be ignoring it because I'll be too busy watching the game.

And for the love Jesus Christ, Buddha, The Sun, Allah, and whatever your God happens to be, PLEASE GIVE US CONSTANT SCROLLING LEAGUE SCORES - w/o the ads!

We've been waiting TEN YEARS. I'm aging here.

Thank-you.

And for the love Jesus Christ, Buddha, The Sun, Allah, and whatever your God happens to be, PLEASE GIVE US CONSTANT SCROLLING LEAGUE SCORES - w/o the ads!

We've been waiting TEN YEARS. I'm aging here.

Thank-you.

Could be a good litmus test for wether or not Snyder is getting it yet about customer service. He "seems" to be doing better in regards to the team, lets see if he gives the fans something on gameday for a change. I'm not holding my breath though.

Party Deck Update

Redskins.com has a new interactive stadium diagram that you can find at http://tickets.redskins.com/stadium/#.

It shows the East Party Deck will take up sections 329-335 and the West Party Deck will take up sections 309-314. The lower sections of 308, 309, 313, 314, 329, 330, 334, and 335 look they will remain according to the diagram. Not clear what rows in those sections remain.

Party Deck Update

Redskins.com has a new interactive stadium diagram that you can find at http://tickets.redskins.com/stadium/#.

It shows the East Party Deck will take up sections 329-335 and the West Party Deck will take up sections 309-314. The lower sections of 308, 309, 313, 314, 329, 330, 334, and 335 look they will remain according to the diagram. Not clear what rows in those sections remain.

Thats like inside, doesnt really show the outside portion of the new decks, oh and those little vids have been up a while now :pfft:

Thats like inside, doesnt really show the outside portion of the new decks, oh and those little vids have been up a while now :pfft:

The brief video they currently have linked to the party decks is only inside, but the diagram itself shows the significant changes to the club level seating.

That explains the extra height. With that extra height, it appears most of the seats will have an obstructed view back there. Which is why they have to pull them.

Ha, never stopped him before.

I kid because I love, Danny.

The brief video they currently have linked to the party decks is only inside, but the diagram itself shows the significant changes to the club level seating.
Thank you...that was what I was pointing out...not the videos.

Yea i realize that but who cares about the inside really was my point? a drawing on a map doesnt really show or render what it will look like once you step out onto these party decks..I'm banking they will be concrete walls all around with 1 inch thick plexiglass 3 feet high at the front/top of them, danny wouldnt want some drunk fool to spill beer or something on his brand new video screens :pfft:

Party Deck Update

Thanks for the link to the map. I spoke with a friend of mine who had seats in 331 and told him his section no longer existed. They had not been notified that they had to be moved. They are working with the premium seat people now.

his section no longer existed. They had not been notified.

People still haven't been told and there are no renderings of the changes. This after months of off season payment installments from the customers.

Only in Raljon.

People still haven't been told and there are no renderings of the changes. This after months of off season payment installments from the customers.

Only in Raljon.

Well, your contract states they can relocate your seats to comparable seats or better. All they have to do is show a valid reason. I think removing your section is a valid reason.

Well, your contract states they can relocate your seats to comparable seats or better. All they have to do is show a valid reason.

Oh, I'm sure Mr. Donovan has that end covered.

Whom ever is in charge of marketing these improvements is slacking.

I would have been pimping these party decks before the end of last year, considering the difficulty of selling club seats.

Oh, I'm sure Mr. Donovan has that end covered.

Whom ever is in charge of marketing these improvements is slacking.

I would have been pimping these party decks before the end of last year, considering the difficulty of selling club seats.

I don't think they knew they were going to install party decks until recently.

While I believe there was some planning for the new video screens, that time table got moved up because of all the hate spewed at Dan Snyder last year. It is one of the ways Snyder is trying to get back in the good graces of his fans/customers. They probably expected to lose a few rows of Club seats. But the continued difficulties selling out club seats during a recession probably caused a relatively recent decision to eliminate all the club seats behind the video screen. A reduction in club seats helps to prop up the seat contract charges and reduces the number of empty seats during games....thus also helping to prop up the seat charges.

IMHO, the decision to make full party decks is why there has been so little pre-publicity about this and why the premium TO folks are scrambling to reassign club seat holders from the end zone seats. Snyder probably doesn't even have a final blueprint on how the party desk are going to be built and what they are going to include.

As for those who are going to be moved... who wouldn't want a sideline seat at an end zone price?

Oh...one other thing. The fact that so many Club seats are being eliminated just proves how many unsold Club seat contracts there were and explains why we saw so many empty yellow seats the last two years. Not everyone was inside watching on TV. A lot of those seats were just plain empty.

I don't think they knew they were going to install party decks until recently.

While I believe there was some planning for the new video screens, that time table got moved up because of all the hate spewed at Dan Snyder last year. It is one of the ways Snyder is trying to get back in the good graces of his fans/customers. They probably expected to lose a few rows of Club seats. But the continued difficulties selling out club seats during a recession probably caused a relatively recent decision to eliminate all the club seats behind the video screen. A reduction in club seats helps to prop up the seat contract charges and reduces the number of empty seats during games....thus also helping to prop up the seat charges.

IMHO, the decision to make full party decks is why there has been so little pre-publicity about this and why the premium TO folks are scrambling to reassign club seat holders from the end zone seats. Snyder probably doesn't even have a final blueprint on how the party desk are going to be built and what they are going to include.

As for those who are going to be moved... who wouldn't want a sideline seat at an end zone price?

The corners have been the same price as the endzone for quite some time. And the corner seats, except for some in the back corner, will remain intact.

Snyder probably doesn't even have a final blueprint on how the party desk are going to be built and what they are going to include.

It would be cool if they would come up with sime kind of defining element for the stadium in this area, kind of like the Bucs' pirate ship. I know there's not enough room for something that large, but just some defining characteristic would be nice. As it is, it's such a cookie cutter stadium with nothing particularly intriguing or memorable about it.

So have any other Club holders talked to their account reps yet? Been told where you are going to move to?

There is this ...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7524031&postcount=270

I just spoke to a buddy of mine, who has/had seats in section 331.

He was "displaced", due to the HD-screen installation.

They moved him to section 331 in the loge. He's getting those seats for the remainder of his contract, (through 2013?), for the same price as his clubs. It includes the wrist-band for food.

During the DDP party, they attended a "VIP" party, (that's why they missed our DDP tailgate). At the party, the rep answered their questions about the loge, and they also got to select their seats.

His only concern, (and it just occurred to him today), is tickets to special events. Evidently, their club contract included tickets to some of the special events, (concerts, etc). He told me that loge seat-holders have to pay extra for those events. He's got a call in to his account rep for clarification. They're also looking into selling him his padded club seats, (or at least the nameplates)

While I have enjoyed the couple of games that I attended in the loge, I don't know that I could do an entire season there. But that kind of stuff is right up my friends alley, and they're pumped.

IMO, that is a serious upgrade.

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/fullStadium.jsp

Those party decks got renamed recently...now "sports bar" and "brew pub" ? Hmmm wonder if the party decks wont be ready THIS coming season? And the club seats are back on the stadium map now where they were removed 2 weeks ago.

That's the old map. I don't think that had ever been changed. This is the one that was pointed out earlier ...

http://tickets.redskins.com/stadium/#

Archived