Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Club Level Changes

Stugein

The Club section, like many things about Fed Ex, is one of the crappiest ones in the NFL.

It's jam packed, crowds everywhere, and the food isn't particularly good.

Just thought I'd add that to the discussion.

Levi, what other NFL club sections have you been to? What would you say made them nicer than the one at FedEx?

Part of the problem with the club level is that its just too big. 15K as opposed to 7-8K in other stadiums. And I agree with you about the food. Some people think the "food courts" in the one end zone area are a giant step up but I just don't see it.

I've been to a few games at the club level in the Linc and that was pretty nice. Better food selection to me, easier access to watching all the early games (I was there for 4 pm games).....just felt a bit more upscale. I also was in the club level at M&T for a Skins-Ravens scrimmage and that looked fairly nice too.

Well, don't forget, in 1997, the Club level was actually exclusive. There was no way to get up there unless you had a premium game ticket. But since then, Snyder introduced guest passes for club seat holders. Also, Snyder invented the Touchdown Club, all of which have Club access. Snyder invented the The Dream Seats, and all of them gained club access, which they happily used when it rained. And, of course, the Tailgate Club which brought people in after the final gun.

None of these things existed prior to Snyder's purchase of the team.

Well, not THAT exclusive. In 1997 it was REAL easy to sneak in by having someone from the Club Level go down to another level with 2 ticket stubs and then both could return to the Club Level and show the stubs to get in.

Not that I ever did anything like that. Just saying. :D

On a different note, I gave up my tickets last year. This year I got an email from from Mr. Allen saying that I am now at the top of the waitlist and can get tickets. Text from the email:

After watching the video, you will need your Account Number and PIN Number to reserve your seats. Simply go to :http://www.redskins.com/SeasonTickets to place your down payment of $100/ticket.

Well, don't forget, in 1997, the Club level was actually exclusive.

Imagine if all non 300 level seat holders w/ club access came inside during a lightning delay against Dallas. :laugh:

It would be totally insane.

There actually was a lightning delay at the Meadowlands during a Sept. afternoon game a few years back. I guess the people in the upper deck had to go to the LL concourse for cover.

Opening an account for what?

My old account number and password still work on the site. And to add to the confusion, when I click on the link to "Purchase 2010 Season Tickets" it says:

"There are currently no Ticket Down Payments available"

I think they are trying to say there are no Tickets available to sell at the moment, since invoices haven't even been printed yet. I would relax for a few more weeks. ;)

Hey everyone. I am in section 333, row 18. I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet regarding any of this. Hopefully something will come soon or maybe it went to my old address. Anyway - is there a possibility that if we don't agree to a new set of seats if we are displaced that we are allowed to opt out of our contract?

No dice. I checked the contracts for the Club seats. There's a provision that says we agree that the team can "upgrade" our seats. So we can't use "hey these aren't the seats I signed up for!" to modify or skate on the contracts. I mean, you can certainly try and they may do something for you as part of a good faith customer service thing, but if push comes to shove they would be in the right no matter what.

What I would be concerned about is crowding in the Club. The concourse is already jammed. Seems to me the crowding will become significantly worse if they actually add people to the Club just to stand.

I could be very, very wrong, but I didn't get the sense that these would be sold, ticketing standing decks. But rather that this would be an expanded-space amenity for use by folk who already had Club access via existing methods (TG club, guest pass, legit seat contract, etc.). I'll ask directly though, next time I talk to them.

I could be very, very wrong, but I didn't get the sense that these would be sold, ticketing standing decks. But rather that this would be an expanded-space amenity for use by folk who already had Club access via existing methods (TG club, guest pass, legit seat contract, etc.). I'll ask directly though, next time I talk to them.

Yeah - we're not clear on that. And it may be that standing room will not be for sale. But, if it gets back to a point that seats are sold out in the Club again, I'd be willing to bet Snyder will begin selling standing room up there.

Yeah - we're not clear on that. And it may be that standing room will not be for sale. But, if it gets back to a point that seats are sold out in the Club again, I'd be willing to bet Snyder will begin selling standing room up there.

A small update: Just spoke to a premium rep who stated that the decks are NOT going to have its own sold, ticketed access. The decks will be a new perk for people who already have access to the Club level from other existing methods (Club seating, Loge, Suites, etc.).

Still no word on seat movement assignments; though she stated that I'm a lock to move..that she's seen it and our row of seats has already been pulled out. :/

Levi, what other NFL club sections have you been to? What would you say made them nicer than the one at FedEx?

Part of the problem with the club level is that its just too big. 15K as opposed to 7-8K in other stadiums. And I agree with you about the food. Some people think the "food courts" in the one end zone area are a giant step up but I just don't see it.

I've been to a few games at the club level in the Linc and that was pretty nice. Better food selection to me, easier access to watching all the early games (I was there for 4 pm games).....just felt a bit more upscale. I also was in the club level at M&T for a Skins-Ravens scrimmage and that looked fairly nice too.

The Club section in the Superdome is fantastic! It's sparsely populated, and there are 4 great clubs (each corner of the stadium) with lots of leather seats and tables. The drinks are generous and the food is fantastic...they saute you up some shrimp pasta or other dishes, fresh as you wait. Much more pleasant atmosphere than the "Mall at Christmas" feeling you get at Fed Ex.

I haven't been to the Ravens one but I hear it's similarly superior to the Skins ones (my bro in law used to have tickets there).

Some pics of the superdome club-

The hallway

s3.sized.jpg

The club

s2.sized.jpg

The dude whipping up my sweet shrimp pasta with cream sauce at halftime

s1.sized.jpg

Well, not THAT exclusive. In 1997 it was REAL easy to sneak in by having someone from the Club Level go down to another level with 2 ticket stubs and then both could return to the Club Level and show the stubs to get in.

Just curious...what's to stop someone from using this method now?

As you initially enter the club, your ticket is marked on the back with a felt pen.

As you leave the club, you are given a reentry pass.

As you return, you must present both your ticket and the reentry pass to the fedexfield employee. One or the other isn't good enough. You must have both. The employee looks at the club ticket, and then takes the reentry pass back. This pretty much kills sneaking anybody in, provided the employee insists on seeing both the marked ticket and the reentry pass. The loophole is when the employee doesn't insist on seeing both, or doesn't take the reentry pass back. And that is a mistake by the employee because the employee is not following policy.

Another of the methods fans would use back in the day was to walk up the ramps and use the ramp door entrance which was normally very quiet, very underused, and manned with one person. Fans would knock on the door, the door would open, and the fan would slip the doorman a twenty and walk in, bringing his crew (a friend or two or three) with him. Late in the 2001 season, stadium management learned about this practice and held a meeting with stadium employees. They were told in no uncertain terms anybody caught letting people into the Club level would be terminated immediately. Management began adding multiple people to the doors rather than one. Sneaking into the club via this method pretty much came to a screeching halt by the last game of 2001.

Still no renderings of what these party decks are going to look like.

:idea:I'd think they'd want some glossy displays to show people as they push premium seating in this off season.

But then again, this is the TO we're talking about here.

Oh ya, silly me. I totally forgot that the premium sales department is a completely separate entity from the regular TO. Just like Verizon business has nothing to do with Verizon home service.

I am very against standing decks. Usually only one or two rows of people can actually see' date=' but many more tickets are sold. It creates a negative situation where people are pushing for a spot. [/quote']I love to bash Snyder but I swear folks on this board will complain about anything. I used to love the SRO sections in the lower bowl.

I love to bash Snyder but I swear folks on this board will complain about anything. I used to love the SRO sections in the lower bowl.

Those open landings in the endzones weren't actually designated as SRO areas because no SRO tickets were sold in those days.

I know it sounds bad, but me being in the Army and located in Fort Lewis WA, I never get to see the games. My sister is pretty slick us both growing up in Wheaton MD. Anyways we would be in the nose bleed till around the half, then just make our way down to Club level and wait for a crowd to enter then just walk in with them!!! The sad thing is, Why is everyone sitting around watching T.V's on club level???? I hate fake fans!!! It was a tight game against the Giants on the last game of the season I believe in 2008?? and everyone was inside!!! So I went to the field and cheered on my team in one of there places!!! Get rid of that S#$T!!! At Halftime everyone should be made to come out to the field or leave the stadium!!!

• 2 months later...
The sad thing is, Why is everyone sitting around watching T.V's on club level???? I hate fake fans!!! It was a tight game against the Giants on the last game of the season I believe in 2008?? and everyone was inside!!!

Not everyone was sitting inside at that game (I was in my seat the whole game in section 328).

Some people come inside to get something to eat and drink and sit inside to consume them watching the TV's. Then they go back out into there seats.

My wife and I do this and sometimes if it is extremely hot or cold out, she will sit inside for a while after I go back to our seats.

I on the other hand have only sat inside the club ONCE for the second half of the Dolphins game a few years ago when it was over a 100 degrees out and I sit on the sunny side of the stadium.

It was brutally hot that day and people were passing out left and right, so it was the right thing to do.

That does not mean we are "Fake Fans."

Those open landings in the endzones weren't actually designated as SRO areas because no SRO tickets were sold in those days.

Which kinda brings up the "less is more" argument. Maybe JKC purposely made the stadium only 80,000 seats with open spaces and casual areas to stand in because he knew the aftermarket values (and perceived ticket values) would sink due to too much supply if he put in any more?

Maybe JKC is the business genius and Snyder is the student who, unfortunately, is learning the hard way?

Which kinda brings up the "less is more" argument. Maybe JKC purposely made the stadium only 80,000 seats with open spaces and casual areas to stand in because he knew the aftermarket values (and perceived ticket values) would sink due to too much supply if he put in any more?

Maybe JKC is the business genius and Snyder is the student who, unfortunately, is learning the hard way?

JKC also didn't need to worry about paying off huge ass loans for buying the team. Some of the stuff that Snyder did was understandable, even if we didn't like it.

Archived