Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Club Level Changes

Stugein

Wow, technology has come such a long way. I can't believe you got that 3d laser cut paperweight through the email.

P.S - whats your steamid? We should play some TF2!

Haha, yeah. What will they think of next?! (Fixed!)

Slug_DC add me and I'll hunt you down some time. :D

Stug man, dust off your desk :D

I wish the standing room platforms were never removed from the LL Endzones *sig*

Now with the new video screens, everyone standing there could of see everything

Before they did that the band was on the field between the visiting teams bench area and their tunnel

I am very intrigued by this "automated parking and traffic management system" Danny is promising. I even googled it and can find nothing on the net that appears to apply to a place like FedEx. Considering the biggest holdup occurs at the intersections of public roads, I wonder just what is going to get people into and out of the parking lots faster.

They have that parking system at BWI, and is very cool and convenient, but i don't see how it can help with all those cars on game day all at one time

Because I'm a chump I overpaid when I signed my contract - I don't look forward to the prospect of paying what I am for what I consider to be worse seats. Seats that the TO considers "upgrades" just because they are technically closer to the 50's.

Sue 'em!

The parking system could be their way of ensuring that the right parking pass is used for the right lot. At every game I attended this past season I saw atleast one car with a different color parking pass in the Orange lot that I used. I saw a bunch of Green and one Copper. How that Copper got in there I'll never know.

Just talked to my account rep. He told me that they haven't yet made a final determination as to which Club sections will be affected by the changes yet. I asked him if we'd know before the invoices are due and he said that we should know well before that. I explained to him that, if I was moving, I did not want to be moved to a corner just because they consider that an upgrade since it is technically "closer the 50". Also, that if I did get moved I wanted to make sure it was somewhere more appropriate to what I was paying (since I came into Club at a high price for where I am now). Asked him to give me a call when/if he hears anything about moves else I'd keep bugging them.

I dropped the ball and forgot to ask about the parking thing...I'll call 'em back.

I’m really anxious to check out the “end zone party decks”. Sounds like a great place to hang out with friends during halftime. I’m not really too interested in the parking changes; we arrive early and stay late so that we can tailgate before and after the game. No traffic problems.

Party decks suck for actually seeing the game.

You mean like all of those people that sit INSIDE the club level during the game?? Its really hard to actually see the game from there as well. ;) At least now, you can have a few drinks and talk to others OUTSIDE and still watch the game.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them put a bar and tables out there as well. Just my guess. To me it won't be much different than how it currently is in my section (332). Our section, ESPN 980 used for hospitality area for guests and other groups. So most of them wouldn't even get to their seats until the second quarter, and then wouldn't even watch the game, they usually just talked, and usually left the game by the 3rd quarter.

Just talked to my account rep. He told me that they haven't yet made a final determination as to which Club sections will be affected by the changes yet.

Who is your acct rep? I am next door to you in 331 Row 19, and when I first heard the rumor about the new HD Boards coming, I called my rep. to ask him, and he said he couldn't confirm anything, but that if all the changes did take place, it would definitely affect our current seats. So I would say that its a good chance your section will be removed as well. As I said earlier, he mentioned relocating 3,000 STH's. Just my guess on our side of the field, but I would think sections 331-333 are going to be removed, maybe even 330 and 334 too. But I know for sure we are moving, bc our rep told us a group that's in charge of moving people, would be calling to move us, and he noted our preferences in our account notes, of where we would like to be moved to. (We like Row 19 since we can stand all game and there's no one behind us telling us to sit down, and my dad has 2 seats in row 18 right in front of us.)

Shoot me a PM if you want so we can compare notes on all of this...

Who is your acct rep? I am next door to you in 331 Row 19, and when I first heard the rumor about the new HD Boards coming, I called my rep. to ask him, and he said he couldn't confirm anything, but that if all the changes did take place, it would definitely affect our current seats. So I would say that its a good chance your section will be removed as well. As I said earlier, he mentioned relocating 3,000 STH's. Just my guess on our side of the field, but I would think sections 331-333 are going to be removed, maybe even 330 and 334 too. But I know for sure we are moving, bc our rep told us a group that's in charge of moving people, would be calling to move us, and he noted our preferences in our account notes, of where we would like to be moved to. (We like Row 19 since we can stand all game and there's no one behind us telling us to sit down, and my dad has 2 seats in row 18 right in front of us.)

Shoot me a PM if you want so we can compare notes on all of this...

I'm pretty sure, given all the literature and what you've said, that I'm moving as well. They're probably just not allowed to confirm everything yet. The one thing we don't know really hs how big these decks are going to be. Are they taking out the whole section? Would they really /be/ 3-4 sections wide? Who knows..I can keep my fingers crossed though. I like 331. If they move us I'll miss being above the endzone. I'll also miss "Woo Guy" even though his timing isn't always the best.

Looking at the stadium diagram, if they were to take all three middle end-zone sections that would still leave eight sections (on each side) in Zone D to absorb those newly dispersed. I'm under the impression that the Club isn't sold out (but try finding a leather chair come halftime). I just wonder how averse the Premium TO is to moving Zone D contract holders into Zone B or even Zone A?

I just moved from 317 to 339, but we have a medical excuse so our options were limited to anything available around row 9 in Zone B. Still it worked out great for us.

Let's remember a lot of fans reported here last year that they were enticed with Club Seats with a promise to be upgraded to better lower level seats in the future. Well, the Future is Now. I'm sure we will see those folks move back down to the lower bowl which opens up more Club Level seats for those displaced by the HD screens/party decks. Combined with the seats that went unsold and contracts expiring this year, the Skins should be able to find room for everyone. But those who liked their end zone view may find themselves in the endzone corner...closer to the fifty yard line and better seats in the opinion of the TO.

I'm sure we will see those folks move back down to the lower bowl which opens up more Club Level seats for those displaced by the HD screens/party decks. Combined with the seats that went unsold and contracts expiring this year, the Skins should be able to find room for everyone.

Good point S&S. I forgot all about those incentive deals of recent vintage.

I'll bet there are plenty of abandoned TGC seats in the lower level awaiting new STHs.

Surely some people have walked away from TGC memberships, unable to sell the transferable rights fees they paid up front in year one. Not unlike the current mortgage situation in this country.

Since new TGC memberships have been capped, the former TGC seating will be perfectly suited for relocating new GAs from their 1-2 year club deals inked in the Zorn era.

I am very against standing decks. Usually only one or two rows of people can actually see' date=' but many more tickets are sold. It creates a negative situation where people are pushing for a spot. Assigned seating works better in an environment where there is drinking, arguing and general stupidity.[/quote']

as opposed to sitting between two fat guys?

I am very against standing decks. Usually only one or two rows of people can actually see' date=' but many more tickets are sold. It creates a negative situation where people are pushing for a spot. Assigned seating works better in an environment where there is drinking, arguing and general stupidity.[/quote']

Well, it's possible the standing areas will be tiered. I mean, it's tiered as it is. So maybe there will be a number of tiered standing areas that enable one to see over the heads of others.

What I would be concerned about is crowding in the Club. The concourse is already jammed. Seems to me the crowding will become significantly worse if they actually add people to the Club just to stand.

What I would be concerned about is crowding in the Club. The concourse is already jammed. Seems to me the crowding will become significantly worse if they actually add people to the Club just to stand.

You'd think there has to be fire code limit on the number of people allowed into the club level and that number probably hasn't increased since 1997.

But then again, we've already seen seat expansions on all three levels without the addition of new restrooms or ADA upgrades. Somebody made a stink about that in the WP back in 05, but nothing ever seemed to come of it.

My guess is that if SRO tix are sold for the 300 level, they will max out at the same number of occupants the 300 level housed in 2009.

Hey everyone. I am in section 333, row 18. I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet regarding any of this. Hopefully something will come soon or maybe it went to my old address. Anyway - is there a possibility that if we don't agree to a new set of seats if we are displaced that we are allowed to opt out of our contract?

Well, it's possible the standing areas will be tiered. I mean, it's tiered as it is. So maybe there will be a number of tiered standing areas that enable one to see over the heads of others.

The Club section, like many things about Fed Ex, is one of the crappiest ones in the NFL.

It's jam packed, crowds everywhere, and the food isn't particularly good.

Just thought I'd add that to the discussion.

You'd think there has to be fire code limit on the number of people allowed into the club level and that number probably hasn't increased since 1997.

Well, don't forget, in 1997, the Club level was actually exclusive. There was no way to get up there unless you had a premium game ticket. But since then, Snyder introduced guest passes for club seat holders. Also, Snyder invented the Touchdown Club, all of which have Club access. Snyder invented the Dream Seats, and all of them gained club access. Snyder expanded the Loge areas, which added more people to the Club concourse. And, of course, Snyder added the Tailgate Club which brought people into the Club after the final gun.

None of these things existed prior to Snyder's purchase of the team.

Archived