Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Club Level Changes

Stugein

I just got a package in the mail from the team. It came with a glossy print out of the Orakpo "arms spread" mock-up of the new video boards as well as a print of the Allen/Shanahan letter. It also included a letter from the premium TO announcing, among other things:

• New Club Level end-zone party decks with standing views of the field
  • New "automated parking and traffic management system"

New parking experiment? New standing room area on Club Level with field-views from the end-zone?

The package also contained one of those snazzy, 3-D lasers cube things...

skinscube_sml.jpg

(I know, I haven't dusted my desk in...ever.)

Between the new video board and these new "end-zone party decks" they mention, I'm pretty convinced that my club seats will be getting moved at this point (they are second row right above the current scoreboard in the middle of the end-zone currently). :/

Anyone else get this, or who are in Club end-zones and concerned now?

Standing decks in the endzones? Sounds cool.

I wonder if seats or suites will be removed.

I am very against standing decks. Usually only one or two rows of people can actually see, but many more tickets are sold. It creates a negative situation where people are pushing for a spot. Assigned seating works better in an environment where there is drinking, arguing and general stupidity.

Usually only one or two rows of people can actually see' date=' but many more tickets are sold. It creates a negative situation where people are pushing for a spot. Assigned seating works better in an environment where there is drinking, arguing and general stupidity.[/quote']

Agree 100%.

If seats or suites have to be removed it will be more of a sign that Danny is trimming fat than actually improving the place for the paying customer.

The end-zone party decks probably have more to do with the architectural necessities of the new jumbotrons than an attempt to trim any fat or sell standing room only tickets. I doubt those three to four sections in each end-zone would've remained unchanged by the screens so why not provide an upgraded enviroment with concessions for the Premium ticket holders?

Besides, selling standing room tickets just doesn't jive with what I've experienced in the Club Level this past season. I actually had a very enjoyable time, even though we rarely won. Now the automated parking system sounds really interesting to me. Getting in and out really sucks at FedEx so anything they do with regards to parking is welcome.

The end-zone party decks probably have more to do with the architectural necessities of the new jumbotrons.

I wonder if the TO has released any renderings of what the SRO decks will look like.

The renderings of the new HD screens didn't look as if they'll consume any more space than our current lightbright and 1970s tv screens.

It is interesting that they advertise the new screens as "punter-proof" and now they are creating end-zone party decks. Talk about literally "keeping up with the Jones'."

Still, it will be interesting to see how it works out. I sat in the club level for 10 years and honestly wouldn't mind them turning it into somewhat of a different experience, perhaps including some more upscale food options. I did sit in the club for one game this past season and the small "Audi" section that they created looked like a total waste.

I'm also intrigued by this new "automated" parking system.

Agree 100%.

If seats or suites have to be removed it will be more of a sign that Danny is trimming fat than actually improving the place for the paying customer.

Surely if it's a suite or two they remove, he'll lose money ultimately?

Time will out, but it appears it's more to do with the sheer size of the new screens than anything else causing alterations.

Hail.

FWIW I don't get the feeling from the letter that they are intending the standing viewing area to be a sold admission area, like at Dallas Stadium and the Linc. I believe this is being added as another amenity for people who already have Club level access. Like someone else mentioned; something to do with the space opened up from the seats that they anticipate being displaced by the new screens.

MTH once pointed out that Danny added a few sections of portable seating in the corners of the 300 level back in 2000. The space was left empty in the JKC stadium days.

I could see those seats being removed for a standing deck.

I now doubt that SRO seats would be sold, but you never know.

Surely if it's a suite or two they remove, he'll lose money ultimately?

He removed a large block of the endzone suites to install the loge level seating in both endzones. JKC put too many suites in his stadium and they weren't all selling at the price Danny desired.

I'm gonna retract my suite removal theory for these standing decks b/c the suites are a story above the 300 level, and 300 level patrons are not allowed up there w/ out a guest pass from a suite holder.

Transcribe of the entire letter, for those that are interested:

-----------------

Dear Mr. ******

On behalf of the Washington Redskins, thank you for your continued passion and loyalty. The Redskins continue to lead all NFL teams in attendance, as our fans maintain their support of the Burgundy and Gold. With the hiring of Head Coach Mike Shanahan and General Manager Bruce Allen, The Future is Now!

In 2009, Premium Members were offered unique Member-only events with Players and Coaches, a private event at Six Flags, and flag football games at FedExField. Plus, members were eligible for Monthly Drawing - including great Redskins memorabilia and a trip to the Super Bowl!

In 2010, Premium Membership will continue to be the best value in sports entertainment with more exciting promotions and entertaining events built around your team. Premium Members will have even more access to the team during draft day, training camp and special events throughout the year. Please continue to check www.redskins.com/premiumclub to stay updated on your Premium membership benefits.

A number of exciting enhancements and events are schedule for FedExField this season, several of which are based on suggestions received from many of you. You can look forward to:

New Stadium Upgrade:

* New HD Video Scoreboards; state of the art HD picture perfect videoboards, 100 feet wide (3 times wider than the current screens) showing more and faster replays, out of town scoress and fantasy stats! See enclosed brochure for details.

* Brand new Club Level end-zone party decks with great views of the field and room to stand with friends!

* New automated parking and traffic management system to expedite travel to and from the stadium.

College Football Games:

FedExField is pleased to announce two major college football games in 2010. Virginia Tech will host Boise State and Penn State will face Indiana. Plus, other great games are scheduled for 2011 and beyond. Some of the best seats in the house are reserved for Premium Members.

The Redskins want your Premium Membership experience to be an unforgettable one. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact ys at 301-276-6800. Again, thank you for your loyal support. Please enjoy the enclosed gift , and we look forward to seeing you on opening day 2010.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

-----------------

Because of this thread I ran down the lane to see if I also recieved the same package. I did! The 3D laser etched cube thingy is really cool.

I'm not in the end-zone so I'm sorry if you get moved. I want to move to the home side and down 10 rows so I hope that this doesn't complicate matters. I loved sitting in row 19 but the visitor's side was unbearably hot this past year. The Saints game had to be in the 90s in our seats.

Maybe y'all will be moved into the corners? I'm in Zone B.

I am very intrigued by this "automated parking and traffic management system" Danny is promising. I even googled it and can find nothing on the net that appears to apply to a place like FedEx. Considering the biggest holdup occurs at the intersections of public roads, I wonder just what is going to get people into and out of the parking lots faster.

I am very intrigued by this "automated parking and traffic management system" Danny is promising. I even googled it and can find nothing on the net that appears to apply to a place like FedEx. Considering the biggest holdup occurs at the intersections of public roads, I wonder just what is going to get people into and out of the parking lots faster.

Everyone has to park at the subway stations or landover mall and buses take everyone to their cars. :silly:

That or the fedex field yellow vests will flag people into their appropriate lanes. ;)

I have tried telling everyone that the endzone clubs are coming out. My rep told me that they are relocating 3,000 STH. He told me I would receive my package in the mail on Friday, but I didn't get it, and I'm out of town now. But my Dad got his on Friday and was telling me then about the party decks.

Our seats are in 332 (endzone) and I've already been told that we are moving. My rep told me there's a group that's doing the relocations. I'm not sure when we are supposed to get a call though. For those that are in the endzones and don't want to move, I feel for you all. I'm looking forward to moving around a little, and hopefully up a Zone level for the same price. Hey, a guy can wish can't he?

I have tried telling everyone that the endzone clubs are coming out.

Another look at the rendering of the new jumbos and they seem to be a lot taller than the current screens. Looks like they would block the views of the first 10 rows of endzone seating in the 300 level.

They could yank those seats and cut away the concrete teirs for the standing decks.

I'm still wondering what happened to the new "express lanes" that were advertised last off season.

They were there. How could you miss 5/6 vehicle free lanes for orange/purple/platinum parking and only two stacked up lanes for green going into the stadium.

There were no express lanes leaving after the game. Although they did block off the outside lanes for the premium lots with cones so they had a lane to enter freely without competing with other lanes.

I have tried telling everyone that the endzone clubs are coming out. My rep told me that they are relocating 3,000 STH. He told me I would receive my package in the mail on Friday, but I didn't get it, and I'm out of town now. But my Dad got his on Friday and was telling me then about the party decks.

Our seats are in 332 (endzone) and I've already been told that we are moving. My rep told me there's a group that's doing the relocations. I'm not sure when we are supposed to get a call though. For those that are in the endzones and don't want to move, I feel for you all. I'm looking forward to moving around a little, and hopefully up a Zone level for the same price. Hey, a guy can wish can't he?

I'm 331, so I'm pretty convinced that I'm being moved at this point too. Its not moving that I'm really worried with, its the prospect of having no control over it. I do NOT want to go to the corners. If I can't be in an end-zone or on the sides, we'll have to work something else out or I'll be pissed. I picked my section of originally cause I like end-zones plus its a convenient section; bathrooms right there, the balcony right there..its a great section. Because I'm a chump I overpaid when I signed my contract - I don't look forward to the prospect of paying what I am for what I consider to be worse seats. Seats that the TO considers "upgrades" just because they are technically closer to the 50's.

Not related to the club level but just a general question. The Skins haven't raised ticket prices since between 2005 and 2006, when the lowers went from $79 to $109. With the new screens and other improvements, an uncapped year, etc., how much do you think prices will go up when Snyder next decides we need a hike?

I can easily see sideline lowers being $150.

Archived