Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo! Autos: Ford Fusion Hybrid wins 2010 Car of the Year

MattFancy

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1243/ford-fusion-hybrid-wins-2010-car-of-year-award/

DETROIT (AP) -- Ford Motor Co.'s market momentum got a lift Monday by winning both the 2010 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards.

Ford's Fusion Hybrid midsize sedan took top car honors and its versatile Transit Connect compact van snagged truck of the year at the Detroit auto show.

It was only the third time in 17 years that an automaker has won both awards, selected by 49 auto journalists and given annually since 1994. Finalists for the car award included the Buick LaCrosse and Volkswagen Golf GTI and TDI diesel. The Chevrolet Equinox, Ford Transit Connect and Subaru Outback were finalists for the truck award.

Here is the Ford Transit Connect:

ford%20transit%20connect.jpg

The Transit looks like a great solution for folks in the delivery business whose only options today are giant SUV's or trucks. I bet they'll sell a ton of them at 25 mpg

And the Fusion deserves to win- it is a great car.

I would guess that would be who the Transit is geared toward, I doubt we'll see people with those on the road.

The Fusion is great car! Ford has done a good job gaining market share back in the US. The Fusion is a big reason why they are getting more respect.

Ford has VERY good cars out and people have written them off. I have a Ford Focus with 115,000 with only 1 altenator change, 1 battery, and 1 belt tensioner. Usual oil change and it rolls. Gettin ready to get the timing belt change as well as coolant flush, power steering flush.

The Transit looks like a great solution for folks in the delivery business whose only options today are giant SUV's or trucks. I bet they'll sell a ton of them at 25 mpg

And the Fusion deserves to win- it is a great car.

I never knew it until I saw it on Top Gear, but the Brits buy a shed load of those Transit Vans. They have for years. They are almost iconic over there as delivery and work vehicles.

Love this episode where they try to do the Nurburgring in 10 minutes flat in a transit van. She did it in 10:08. The chick driving is one bad-ass driver. Check out some of the vehicles she passes. :hysterical:

I never knew it until I saw it on Top Gear, but the Brits buy a shed load of those Transit Vans. They have for years. They are almost iconic over there as delivery and work vehicles.

Love this episode where they try to do the Nurburgring in 10 minutes flat in a transit van. She did it in 10:08. The chick driving is one bad-ass driver. Check out some of the vehicles she passes. :hysterical:

You are right man, bad ass driver. WOW. That thing was sliding everywhere.

Ford has really grown on me lately. Fusion looks like a very good car. Edge was so good I bought one. :D

We'll see how the new, huge Taurus works out. Given its price tag, buyers will be getting a lot of car for the money. If it's well built then Ford might have yet another hit on its hands.

Don't sleep on cars geared to fill a business need. Those Scion xB's are all over the place with company logos on them. There is a need for cars that look like boxes and have decent fuel economy.

I also keep remembering:

Best selling car in America, among millionaires: Ford F-150.

• 2 months later...
Just got a 2010 Fusion yesterday, great car. Previously I had a 2008 Fusion but this new one is so different I hardly recognize it. Definitely very deserving of the car of the year award. The SYNC system is awesome too!

my in laws just bought the fusion hybrid- they love it

I just ordered an F150 4x4- can't wait. They said about 8-10 weeks

So wait. Let me get this straight. If you build quality cars and trucks, stay on the cutting edge of technology, and price your vehicles reasonably, you can survive without billions in tax dollars? Sweet. Capitalism DOES work!

Kickin ass and takin names. Gotta get that First On Race Day thing back though. :D

Archived