Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Week 1 GameDay Thread (CONGRATS CARD)

ixcuincle

Discuss Cincinnati - New York here

I think Cincinnati might pull off the victory, we didn't see the real Cincinnati last week. Also picking Dallas :silly: to beat Philadelphia (PS Wade hasn't won a playoff game in his career?), Patriots over Ravens, and Cheesehead over Cardinals.

Parentheticals are who I've got on fantasy

Bengals (Benson) over Jets (Jets D/ST)

Cowboys (Romo sits to pee, Barber, Austin) over Eagles (Celek, Akers)

TOMORROW:

Ravens (Rice) upset Pats (Rice)

Cards (Fitz) over Packers (Rodgers, J. Finley)

For today:

The Bengals will win by at least 10. I think Sanchez will throw 3+ picks and the Bengals will come out strong. I'm cheering for the Bengals in the playoffs, but wouldn't mind them losing as I want Zimmer here and ASAP.

I think the Dallas/Philly game will come down to whoever has the ball last and I'm hoping it's Philly. I really can't pick this one though....too close of a matchup in my eyes. I'll be cheering on the Eagles though.

I'm a Marvin Lewis fan so normally I'd go with Cincy. However if the Redskins are really interested in Zimmer, the best thing would be the Jets win. So I guess it's the Jets.

And I hope the Eagles kick the Cowboys arse......And then get their heads handed to them next week.

Should be a good wildcard weekend

My picks:

Bengals (Real Bengals show up this time around)

Eagles (How could I pick the Cowboys?...I couldn't)

Ravens (Welker out of the picture will hurt, and that Ravens D is still nasty)

Cardinals (if it were in GB, this would be reversed)

I bet.

You're a nice guy, and I'd wish you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it. :silly:,

lol understandable. :)

I hear ya buddy, holy freaking cow I'm going crazy. :silly:

willy_nilly.gif

I would be too, if I was relying on this:

:)

Wade may not be a good fit as a head coach, but you have to admit that he is a damn fine D-coordinator. He's made a world of difference taking over that position this season.

Welker's backup(Edelman) played well in Houston last week - I think the Pats will be fine. No, they won't be going to the Super Bowl, but they will be good enough to beat the Ravens tomorrow. And who knows the week after, when the Colts could stipp be napping after their LONG layoff?

Speaking of long playoff droughts, I think the Bengals will finally break out of their's. It's been what? Almost 20 years since they've won a playoff game? I believe I remember that game - not the game they won, but the week after when they got pounded by Oakland, that happened to be Bo Jackson's last game in an NFL uniform.(and Jay Schroeder got exposed when the running game of Bo went kaput)

I think the Cards will beat the Packers - the Packers showed their entire hand last week, while the Cards pretty much took a vacation. The Packers are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Tonight's game - don't know - I mean I would have much preferred to play the Packers in the WC round, not some team we've already played 2 X's this year, including just last week.

With the possible exception of the first week of the NCAA March Madness, this is my favorite sports weekend of the year. Although I miss the Skins not participating, I will still enjoy this stuff -- most importantly, I need the Eagles to get rocked :)

I'll take all 4 home teams this week.

I am a huge Eagles fan today, I might even wear my skins gear and go to a bar to cheer with the Eagles fans.

E-A-G-L-E-S

Eagles!!!!!

This sucks.

This is what I've noticed with the Giants fans watching Eagles/Cowboys games - Giants fans in Texas will root for the Eagles, while Giants fans in Philly/South Jersey will root for the Cowboys. Obviously - Giants fans end up rooting for the team who's fan bases aren't close to their ears.

Is this the case with the Redskins fan base watching Eagles/Cowboys games?(i.e. Redskins fans in Philly/SJ root for Dallas, while Redskins fans in Texas root for Philly?)

Is this the case with the Redskins fan base watching Eagles/Cowboys games?(i.e. Redskins fans in Philly/SJ root for Dallas, while Redskins fans in Texas root for Philly?)

Seems like a fair take on it. That's my reasoning, living in the Philly 'burbs!

GO COWBOYS!

Archived