Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Redskins denied right to interview Bronco's Turner

corrupt3d

Ouch! That sucks, but can you blame them? Isn't Stump Mitchell going to be the Head Coach at Southern? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4786551 . I actually like Sherman Smith. When interviewed about Ganther starting he was very matter of fact, saying it is not about whether Rock will like it or not, but it is best for the organization.

Can't he simply quit? I mean if they are fired the team still owes them. If they quit the team doesn't owe them the remainder of the contract. So if Shanahan was adament about getting a certain person couldn't they just quit and come to the Skins with out recourse or not?

Can't he simply quit? I mean if they are fired the team still owes them. If they quit the team doesn't owe them the remainder of the contract. So if Shanahan was adament about getting a certain person couldn't they just quit and come to the Skins with out recourse or not?

He would then owe the team the remainder of his contract if he took a job elsewhere during the length of the contract.

No he just couldn't quit because he's bound by the contract

Screw Josh Mcdaniels. If i was Shanny i wouldn't give a damn about professional coutesy. He is Mike Shannahan's coach and if that guy want to join his former boss and friend rather than work for some 35 year old punk (compared to shanny) he really shouldn't get in the way. I hope we do give him the assit head coach title and sign him away from them. I bet shanny has an ax to grind against mcdaniels and Pat Bowlen. This could be an interesting rivalry over the next 5 years if we played them more than once every blue moon.

that sucks. i live in colorado and I can tell you their running backs are pretty good. Moreno leads all rookies in rushing and Correll Buckhalter had the best season of his career, consistently breaking off huge chunks of yardage.

dude would have been a really nice addition to the coaching staff. oh well.

Isn't there some way around this? Offering him a "promotion" would work i.e. "Running Backs Coach/Assistant Head Coach" right?

HTTR

Yes.

It depends on what Turner's title is out in Denver now.

If the Redskins offer Turner what would be considered a "promotion" and a raise, then the Broncos, by rule, can't refuse the Redskins' request to interview him.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a bs way of upping their title in order to technically give them a promotion? didn't we have like 10 assistant head coaches under gibbs 2/0?

Yea, Blache was the defensive line coach but we gave him the defensive coordinator title while Greg Williams was assistant head coach-defense.

If Turner really wanted to come here, he could make things very difficult for McDaniels. Not saying he would or should, but keeping a person hostage to work just because of a Contract isn't exactly going to keep them happy, productive, and efficient in their duties.

I don't think it's going to be that simple. We have seen Snyder "make-up" titles simply to get a coach to come to the Skins. I'm not surprised that the Broncos denied permission though. Seems like there might be some animosity still there. McDaniels won't be in Denver too much longer IMO.

Archived