Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Redskins denied right to interview Bronco's Turner

corrupt3d

back to April real quick .. he does not have to wait like i had thought at first , he can be hired anytime now , we could lose this one guys , if SF make a good push

He made it pretty clear in quotes from ESPN, that he was on the market so not surprising he'll be shopping his services....

"This way, if someone was interested in me, I wanted to make my status clear," he added.

back to April real quick .. he does not have to wait like i had thought at first , he can be hired anytime now , we could lose this one guys , if SF make a good push

To me this is almost as important as getting the best DC. I really hope they make any decision other than the Skins a very hard one.

we will have to move fast on April cause once he can be hired he will be , like i said SF will talk with him , really tom at the Coaches Association convention

I see that the Coaches Assoc Convention is in Orlando tomorrow and key speakers are Tony Dungy and Mike Singletary. Go figure....

And the next in this line will be Anthony Alridge. ;)

I like Aldridge. He doesn't have top flight speed, but he is very quick. He'll be great on screens and draws.

Check this out.

As a junior, he averaged 10 yards per carry. Yep, you read that right. As a senior, he racked up 2000 total yards and nearly 20 TDs. He also ran a 4.37 at the Combine.

Here is his draft profile and interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwf_wN73-zY

When it comes to Shanny RBs, always look for the underdog.

Broncos change their mind on Bobby Turner

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2010 5:38 PM ET

Last week, the Broncos decided to decline the Redskins' request to interview running backs coach Bobby Turner for the same job in Washington, where Turner would be reunited with former Denver coach Mike Shanahan.

The Broncos have now had a change of heart.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Broncos will allow Turner to meet with the Redskins, and an interview is expected to occur this week.

NFL rules permit teams with assistant coaches under contract to refuse requests to interview those assistants for any job other than head coach. Though compensation can be offered to get a team to release its rights to a head coach, draft picks and/or cash cannot be used to pry an assistant coach away from his current team.

UPDATE: We're told that Turner will be the associate head coach of the Redskins, and that he is close to accepting the job, if he hasn't already.

Broncos change their mind on Bobby Turner

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2010 5:38 PM ET

Last week, the Broncos decided to decline the Redskins' request to interview running backs coach Bobby Turner for the same job in Washington, where Turner would be reunited with former Denver coach Mike Shanahan.

The Broncos have now had a change of heart.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Broncos will allow Turner to meet with the Redskins, and an interview is expected to occur this week.

NFL rules permit teams with assistant coaches under contract to refuse requests to interview those assistants for any job other than head coach. Though compensation can be offered to get a team to release its rights to a head coach, draft picks and/or cash cannot be used to pry an assistant coach away from his current team.

UPDATE: We're told that Turner will be the associate head coach of the Redskins, and that he is close to accepting the job, if he hasn't already.

I think this probably came from Bowlen.

Archived