Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QUESTION: Has any HC ever lead 2 different teams to the SB

ManleyMann7271

Hey out there, I just wanted to know if there is any Head Coach, past or present, that has lead 2 different teams to the Super Bowl?

If so, has anyone ever won with both teams?

If not, how about before the Super Bowl? Did any Coach ever lead 2 different teams to NFL championships?

If so, were any victorious?

Please to all of you NFL history buffs, I would love to have these questions answered. Thank you for your time and insight.

Is this supposed to be an argument against Shanahan? If so, it's not a very good one.

Dungy turned Tampa into a contender, then turned Indy into a contender. A great coach can change the culture of a team. Whether he gets us to the Super Bowl or not, Shanahan will instill a winning culture here. The Redskins winning culture ended in 1992. Time to bring it back. Once we are a consistent winner, we'll worry about getting a championship.

I don't believe anyone has won the Super Bowl with two different teams.

Don Shula led the Colts to SB3 and then led the Dolphins to SB 6,7,8,17,19. He won SB 7 & 8.

Dick Vermeil led the Eagles to SB 15 and won with the Rams in 1999.

Bill Parcells won two Super Bowls with the Giants (86 & 90) and then led the Patriots to a Super Bowl loss against Green Bay in 1996.

Dan Reeves lost 3 Super Bowls with Denver (86, 87 & 89) and then led the Falcons to a loss against Denver in 1998.

Mike Holmgren led the Packers to two Super Bowls (96 & 97) winning one of them and then led the Seahawks to the Super Bowl in 2005 and lost (stolen by the refs) to the Steelers.

I think that's all for the Super Bowl era. I'm not sure about before then.

Archived