Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BNS: Shanahan removes name from consideration for Bills' job (Skin's related)

bubba9497

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/905494.html

click link for entire article

Shanahan removes name from consideration for Bills' job

Don't expect talk of Super Bowl-winning coach Mike Shanahan coming to Buffalo to be revived in the coming weeks.

Shanahan let the Bills know more than a week ago that he was taking himself out of consideration for their head coaching position, a league source told The News.

Russ Brandon, Bills chief operating officer and general manager, had a preliminary meeting with Shanahan on Nov. 23 and 24 in Denver. But no second meeting is scheduled in the wake of Shanahan's decision.

According to several media reports, Shanahan subsequently has had contact with the Washington Redskins about their coaching position.

The Bills figured to be long shots to lure Shanahan since news broke of their interest in the 57-year-old coach. Buffalo has no quarterback in place and faces a fairly big rebuilding job. Shanahan also had a track record in Denver of enjoying a much bigger budget than the Bills have had during this decade.

Shanahan is 15th on the NFL's all-time regular-season victory list for head coaches. His career record, including playoffs, is 154-103. He won two Super Bowls and had nine winning seasons in 14 years at Denver.

would not suprise me if the had that contract on a computer like a person had said on here before , prob got all the terms worked out .. dont mean nothing till someone puts thier name on it but still.. its news .. Happy Holidays

Sounds good to me the sooner the better. Shanny will do some amazing things for our OF, I believe.

would not suprise me if they had that contract on a computer like a person had said on here before , prob got all the terms worked out .. dont mean nothing till someone puts thier name on it but still.. its news .. Happy Holidays

We should have a thread on exactly what time the contract gets signed! :D

I'm thinking the SD game is over at 7:15, they're on the plane by 10:00 and back at the park by 3:00 AM. Snyder flies separate and thru Denver to pickup Shanahan on his way back to the east coast and the contract gets signed on the plane. The formal announcement is by 6:00 on Tuesday evening.

We should have a thread on exactly what time the contract gets signed! :D

I'm thinking the SD game is over at 7:15, they're on the plane by 10:00 and back at the park by 3:00 AM. Snyder flies separate and thru Denver to pickup Shanahan on his way back to the east coast and the contract gets signed on the plane. The formal announcement is by 6:00 on Tuesday evening.

You have to announce the firing of doofus first.

LMAO. Sounds like the man has a new nickname...

Say what you want about Vinny, but please don't resort to calling Zorn these nicknames. I can't think of anyone who has handled the situation he's currently in with more class than Jim Zorn. He's basically been out of a job since week 6 and he has done nothing more than try to keep the team going. I don't like the disrespect he's getting after having handled this the way he has.

Actually, I'm proud of the way everybody's handling things.

Face it, everybody in the NFL has known that Zorn is out since week 5 or so.

but the classy way to do things is for everybody to pretend, and keep doing their jobs in a professional manner.

IMO, things are being handled the right way.

(Wish I could be as satisfied about anything else about this team. :) )

Say what you want about Vinny, but please don't resort to calling Zorn these nicknames. I can't think of anyone who has handled the situation he's currently in with more class than Jim Zorn. He's basically been out of a job since week 6 and he has done nothing more than try to keep the team going. I don't like the disrespect he's getting after having handled this the way he has.

I'll admit Zorn has not been treated with a whole lot of respect, but .....this is the nature of the beast. Coach's and players get hefty contracts. Their expected to produce and when they don't players either get benched or cut. HC's can only get fired.

I'm betting your one of the peple who think we should have fired Zorn at the break and then looked for a HC or waited until season's end then fired Zorn and interviewed candidates. Frankly, Zorn was not on my most wanted list, then he got bumped up to HC. This was a man who took a job that was way over his head then complained that his failed scheme was all about the players "execution." At some point a good HC knows when he has to change his scheme or evaluate it. Zorn until the end seems to think it's all about the players not "executing." He doesn't get it.

On top of that DS owes him for 1 more year. It's apparent Zorn will not resign and lose the money being handed to him so let him coach out the year and be embarrassed since his scheme is so perfect. Basically I'm sure DS is doing his best to make Zorn want to resign so he doesn't have to pay him for the last year while sitting on his couch at home. Zorn will stick it out. Let DS fire him. Take the money, and everyones ticket prices will go up next year to pay for the new coaching staff and any player contracts that are about to explode.

But...as long as we are winning next year everyone will be happy. As will I.

Zorn has all. my respect he's a good guy I hope he gets somekind of OC gig in the NFL (Maybie the browns)

Mike Shanahan would only remove his name for consideration for the Bill head coaching job if he already has a job in place somewhere else....

It seems as if Washington is willing to pay him more than Buffalo would. Plus Washington has better offensive personnel to work with than the Bills. Bruce Allen being the GM makes the head coaching job intriguing also.

If he was smart, I think his wishlist would be:

1. Dallas

2. Chicago

3. Washington

4. Buffalo

We don't have a quarterback either going into next season and we are also a rather big rebuilding job.

Dallas isn't on his list at all IMO, he wants control, and Jerrah ain't going to do that, or Parcels would still be his coach.

Chicago isn't going to pay off Smith's $11 million and try to outbid Snyder. And I don't hold to the Cutler reunion talk. after this season, the bears may be willing to get rid of him for free ;)

We do have a QB, and better than many QB's he has won with between Elway and Cutler.

other than OL, an RB.... there isn't a lot more to rebuild.

Archived