Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

King not sure about Shanahan going to Skins

veteranskinsfan

I think this would be an attractive job to someone. Who wouldn't want to be the guy that led this storied franchise back to glory? In some ways, it would be similar to what Holmgren did in Green Bay. That city (at least within the context of professional football) went from Title Town to a Ghost Town. Then, Holmgren led them being a championship-caliber team. I think many coaches would thrive on that challenge and potential immortality.

the bears are too cheap to outbid snyder if he has his sights set on shanahan...

You sure about that? I mean, because last year we had our sights set on Cutler & Da Bears swooped in at last call & gave up more then we were offering to get him.

You sure about that? I mean, because last year we had our sights set on Cutler & Da Bears swooped in at last call & gave up more then we were offering to get him.

You think the situation has changed recently about Shanahan? Or is it likely he will come here?

Do you think we already have Shanahan signed? Or is it still not a done deal that he will be coming to Washington?

One thing is for sure, it's a very fluid situation. The plan A has always been Shanahan but that doesn't mean it's a done deal.

King is connecting the dots with the Bears situation who seems like logical. Shanahan is a mid-west guy, they dropped a lot of money (new contract)/picks (2 firsts) to land Cutler and according to J.Clayton may not view the $11 mil they would owe Lovie as a blocker.

Oh, and Plan B is still potentially Gruden as mentioned in many other threads.

We'll just have to wait and see how this unfolds.

Well, it looks like Clinton Portis is open to to Shanahan coming to town. It sounds like he respects the man from their time together in Denver.

Here's a quote from his appearance on The John Thompson Show today...

“If they have a change, then of course they would get the thumbs-up vote for me for Coach Shanahan. If Coach Zorn is done, I would think that’s a great direction to go in, if you can get Coach Shanahan, but I don’t know if Coach Zorn will be gone.”

Quote was taken from http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/clinton-portis-endorses-mike-shanahan-as-next-redskins-coach/

Granted this is coming from a guy who might not be with the team next season either.

It doesn't matter who the coach is to be honest with you, this at least a 3 year rebuilding project no matter who comes in, and that's assuming Allen does really well with his draft picks. Snyder has turned us into the Detroit Lions of the NFC East.

i have a question why do some of you guys want grimm?

I cant speak for the others, but for me, I would much rather see a Grimm/Mukarkey/Frazer type coach. Not some retread !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want someone who will be synamous with the Redskins.

Yes we had Gibbs, but that dance is over.

Grimm to me would be an excellent choice with all this talk of restoring the franchise to a proud one again.

I would even be willing to suffer another under .500 winning percentage just to have some one who is a Redskin, not a former Bronco, or a former Steeler, etc.

Would Grimm be a good head coach ? Yea I think he would. If you pair him with Bruce Allen, maybe get a good personel man like Dacosta, then they can build this team back up together.

To me some of the things this team lacks is drive and discipline, and Grimm should be able to take care of that situation.

Heck I would really be happy with:

Bruce Allen GM

Russ Grimm HC

Mike Mularkey OC

Mike Zimmer DC

Hey there is a great decision that was errrr..ehhh...made. ;) :helmet:

I don't really care if he comes here or not to be honest. I'm just glad we have a real GM who can figure this stuff out.

Amen! you know it!! I honestly don't care so much WHO we look at right now, i just want a good search, and the best person in Allen's eyes hired.

well, i would imagine that the skins will pay more, but i think shanny would prefer Cutler over Campbell.

And, i'm sure, with how danny is handeling Zorns situation, i would think that would scare him off.

chicago is a cool town as well, not that the DMV isn't, but i'm not sure. its a tough call. both are "legacy" franchises, both are hurting pretty bad.

i could not see lovie being canned this quick ...

Well said! Any coach with winning rep won't take this job because of what they did to Zorn. Look at what happened to Schottenheimer as well.

As far as Shanahan goes, I am not really convinced that he is really a great evaluator of talent. He won with Dan Reeves guys. Also he had one of the worst defenses in his last year. He also seems to be a big fan of the 3-4 defense, which I am not really a big fan of. I will say this though, I think that Shanahan would be a far better choice than Zorn and both Zorn and Greg Blache should have been fired last night after the performance the team had last night because that was just embarrassing.

Well, it looks like Clinton Portis is open to to Shanahan coming to town. It sounds like he respects the man from their time together in Denver.

Here's a quote from his appearance on The John Thompson Show today...

“If they have a change, then of course they would get the thumbs-up vote for me for Coach Shanahan. If Coach Zorn is done, I would think that’s a great direction to go in, if you can get Coach Shanahan, but I don’t know if Coach Zorn will be gone.”

Quote was taken from http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/clinton-portis-endorses-mike-shanahan-as-next-redskins-coach/

Granted this is coming from a guy who might not be with the team next season either.

The question is though, how does Shanny feel about CP being here next year given his age, contract, & mileage.

Archived