Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

King not sure about Shanahan going to Skins

veteranskinsfan

I'm pretty sure the Bears already said Smith is coming back next year, I thought I read an article about that anyway.

I take what Peter King says like I listen to JLC, always look for a second source, otherwise they have no idea what they're talking about.

On NFL live last night they interviewed John Clayton about coaches on the hot seat.

He said that even tho Lovie Smith is due 11 mil for the next two years, it is no sure thing that he will be kept. It all depends on the next two games.

He said that Zorn was good as gone. Kinda easy one there.

He also believes that Mangini of the Browns is gone.

He felt like the Raiders Tom Cable is safe after having some big wins.

The Bucs may also be looking at replacing R. Morris.

Of course this is all speculation, but me thinks it might be some educated speculation.

Of all the possible openings I could see shanahan going to the Bears, tampa bay, or us. And to be honest I do hope he goes to Chicago or Tampa Bay.

Well, he makes $7 million a year next year, and the following year, to stay at home and do nothing.

He can do that, or make a little more to work all year with bozos like Dan and Blehhh.

Also take into consideration that he has his pick of several teams.

One has his favorite QB, and another may be a playoff team.

Why risk his reputation in DC, for very little extra money?

I imagine he is asking himself that very same question after last night.

His reputation is that he can't win with Elway.

Football is about egos and Shanahan's is healthy which means he wants to shed his reputation and win a championship with another QB.

Now, does that mean I think he'll come here for sure? No. Chicago would have to be pretty attractive to him.

BTW - I love that Gibbs won 3 SB's with 3 different QB's. He didn't have Elway, Brady, Manning, Montana and didn't need them. That's why he's tops in my books.

I think Shanahan or another experienced coach may possibly actually want to come here more now. Why? Ego.

It will be a challenge and real competitors thrive on that. Plus that fact that we have a new' date=' proven GM and an owner that's not afraid to spend money.

Do we really want a coach to come here that wants things to be easy? No way! Someone that embraces a challenge is just what we need to motivate the players and turn this team around. Hopefully Allen will see that and will choose the right man for the job..[/quote']

If you were a coach, who would you rather coach: Colts or Lions?

What has any coach won without a great QB? Shanny got to the playoffs with a Brian Griese/Gus Frerotte combo at QB and went 13-3 and got to the AFC title game with Jake Plummer at QB (they beat the Patriots in the playoffs that year who were trying to three-peat). That's a pretty good post-Elway resume as far as I'm concerned.

He also had only one postseason win after Elway. I admit I did not remember Griese/Frerotte but Plummer had an excellent year because two RB's had 1900+ yds on the ground. You get that kind of production out of your rushing game and a Spurrier QB could win games...well that might be a stretch. Either way Shanny had Elway and incredible luck with selecting RB's (was it him or a GM). I'm wary if he can have the same fortune here with no HOF QB, running game and a poor line before the Danny pulls the plug again.

My edit: I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I do like his style and offense, but I just would prefer we don't rush to sign the big name AGAIN.

He also had only one postseason win after Elway. I admit I did not remember Griese/Frerotte but Plummer had an excellent year because two RB's had 1900+ yds on the ground. You get that kind of production out of your rushing game and a Spurrier QB could win games...well that might be a stretch. Either way Shanny had Elway and incredible luck with selecting RB's (was it him or a GM). I'm wary if he can have the same fortune here with no HOF QB, running game and a poor line before the Danny pulls the plug again.

My edit: I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I do like his style and offense, but I just would prefer we don't rush to sign the big name AGAIN.

Broncos always got matchup against the Colts in the playoffs and the Colts were simply a much better team. It wasn't until 2005 where the Broncos manage to get away from them and earn a first round bye but Pittsburgh came along and beat the top 3 seeds in the AFC.

I realize we're a joke but......why would you ever want to coach in Chicago?

They've NEVER had a good offense. NEVER.

Their owners ****, don't spend any money and whatever success you do achieve will fail to live up to the 85' Bears.

They're about to fire a coach who took them to the Super Bowl with a good returner and a solid defense.

Archived