Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

King not sure about Shanahan going to Skins

veteranskinsfan

If Shanny doesn't come here, where would he go? He's not going to the Cowturds, Lovie is staying with the Bears it looks like, I doubt he'd go to Carolina, so where would he go other than here?

He actually doesnt have to go anywhere. As I believe he is to collect 7 mil for the next two years from denver.

He can pretty much pick and choose where he wants to go.;)

Texasthunder- I like your suggestion of Russ Grimm and the other two proposed coaches. You are also correct that Shanny can elect to not coach next year and then he still collects his $7 million. That is why I believe the report which says Pat Bowlen is trying to convince Snyder to pick Shanahan. Then Pat does not have to pay out the $7 million to Shanahan!! Snyder needs to let Allen take over for his own good and the good of our franchise. I heard the Zorn radio interview today and Zorn sounds like he really likes talking with Allen so far. I would like know what Allen is thinking right now. The entire Redskin Nation is counting on him to make a lot of important decisions.

What has Shanny won without Elway? Let's hope this is not all about the find a big name...again.

What has any coach won without a great QB? Shanny got to the playoffs with a Brian Griese/Gus Frerotte combo at QB and went 13-3 and got to the AFC title game with Jake Plummer at QB (they beat the Patriots in the playoffs that year who were trying to three-peat). That's a pretty good post-Elway resume as far as I'm concerned.

I like how quiet Shanahan has been. Not a peep out of him directly. He lets the media speculate and he stays out of the media completely. He knows how to maximize his value right now without talking. His agent has properly told him to let teams fight over his services so his price tag can keep climbing for the team willing to pay out the most cash. If he is really smart though, he will pick the best fit for his coaching style, as well the team which has the most talent on their roster. He may not just sign with the team that offers the most money. He already has plenty of money. He wants another Super Bowl ring.

I'm pretty sure the absymal performance last night would be attractive to a Shanahan or other well-known coach. Shanahan is going to want to build his own team. It's not like when we hired Zorn and expected him to succeed with a Gibbs team. The worse our team performs, the more leeway Shanahan will have to adjust, tweak, and otherwise pare down our pathetic roster.

+1.

I think it takes the "Zorn deserves another year, we have to find a way to keep the Bingo caller, there is no problem with the D so we need continuity" thinking off the table.

It also means next year, when we are 12-4 and in the NFC Championship game, no one can say "They took the team Z-man/Ol bugeye's built and won a Championship with it (like Dungy/Chucky in Tampa).

So yeah, from that perspective, I think we a more attractive now than we were Sunday night

What has Shanny won without Elway? Let's hope this is not all about the find a big name...again.

What did Holmgren win without Favre?

What did Dungy win without Peyton?

What did Chucky do without Brad Johnson?

What's the point? Most of the time, a Superbowl winning coach will have a pretty good QB.

i heard that Jeff Fischer of the Titans maybe let go.i would prefer him over the rest of them and if not at leat their dline coach who has been like Buges intakeing dt's and making them better than they were.with us doing the west coast thing it makes more sense to go after little orphan shanny and or mr freckles chucky.but i would prefer a different style of game.I want a return to smash mouth hard nosed football.maybe these two can do that but up to now i havent seen that from either.though Cadillac wore out rather quickly at tampa .don't like the blocking sheme and small lineman crap of the broncos,for all the rushing yards during the year they were unable to do it when it counted in the playoffs.sense it's almost Christmas i have a purely selfish wish for the skins.they need much more help on the oline and stuff but i also think they also need to keep an eye out for their next rb.and my christma gift would be a back i truely wanted the skins to draft out of oregon when he came out of college.also i think the steelrs rb woes would be cured by trading for this guy as well as some oline help.the gentleman in question is Steven Jackson of the Rams.this guy is a battering ram with speed.like i said i am awarre of the skin bigtime need of an oline and believe that our new Gm wil get that done.but to have that back behind a new oline with our wr's and campbell would be sweet.but this offseason is going to be interesting.and like i said it's just a wish.isn't going to happen but i would be happy if it did.Merry Cristmas to all and be safe.

I believe Shanny is trying to find the highest bidder but you can't blame him and it's a part of business and is normal. In the end I'm almost 99% sure we nab him. It's just business. Don't believe for a minute any other coach like Gruden, Dungy, Parcells wouldn't be doing the same thing regardless if we are the worst run team in the league. Danny boy is starting to wise up and pay big dollars for good FO personell and good coaches and not players. If Shanny ends up with a 70 million dolllar deal I willl applaud this move. Just think of all the money given to Haynesworth and he only plays 75% of the time that money could have been put to better use for O-linemen and getting better personell.

Originally Posted by F-16 CHIEF viewpost.gif

What did Holmgren win without Favre?

What did Dungy win without Peyton?

What did Chucky do without Brad Johnson?

What's the point? Most of the time, a Superbowl winning coach will have a pretty good QB.

Theisman, Williams, Rypien

Who each had one of the best OL's in NFL history blocking for them. Just saying that no coach wins without great players somewhere on the team.

Signed, Sealed, delivered come Jan. It was Shanahan who told Buffalo that he and Allen were a package deal. Why would he tell them they were a package deal, have a team sign Allen, then look to go elsewhere? Does not make sense. I can't figure out what the tie with Shanahan and Allen have but anything is better then Cerrato and Zorn.

Hey at this point I don't care who they hire, honestly I feel like we won the Superbowl when the FO let Cerrato go. For crying out loud this board has only been telling dear old Mr. Snyder to get rid of that guy for the last 5 years. Next thing you know he is going to be on espn as TV analyst....LOL!!!!

I suspect Shanahan is intrigued about the Redskins head coaching job. If he wasn't then Snyder wouldn't be talking to him. Shanahan also knows Bruce Allen, and knows the fact the the Redskins having a GM appears suitable then before. Plus Shanahan knows also that although the Redskins have had a bad winning record under Snyder's ownership, the organization is still legendary and well respected.

As far as Chicago goes, I don't see Lovie Smith going anywhere. Is he on the hot seat? This is the first I've heard about the Bears being interested in Mike Shanahan.

Signed, Sealed, delivered come Jan. It was Shanahan who told Buffalo that he and Allen were a package deal. Why would he tell them they were a package deal, have a team sign Allen, then look to go elsewhere? Does not make sense. I can't figure out what the tie with Shanahan and Allen have but anything is better then Cerrato and Zorn.

Agree. Snyder probably promise Zorn he had until the end of season. Add in fact that, people are ****ing that you can't hire a new guy while position is still fill. Well, Shannon announcement won't happen until then.

i heard that Jeff Fischer of the Titans maybe let go.i would prefer him over the rest of them

I heard this rumor too but if Jeff Fischer is let go from Ten then Bud Adams is an idiot cuz he isn't going to get anyone close to that good to coach them in 2010, I would be so down with Fischer, if he were available I would prefer him over Shanny, Gruden and probably even Cowher.

I don't really care if he comes here or not to be honest. I'm just glad we have a real GM who can figure this stuff out.

I agree with you, but to answer the forum question I think he would come here with Allen oppose to a Qb he once worked with who is not exactly burning the barn doors down with his play. Than of course the money angle Synder wins hands down.

Well, he makes $7 million a year next year, and the following year, to stay at home and do nothing.

He can do that, or make a little more to work all year with bozos like Dan and Blehhh.

Also take into consideration that he has his pick of several teams.

One has his favorite QB, and another may be a playoff team.

Why risk his reputation in DC, for very little extra money?

I imagine he is asking himself that very same question after last night.

See,....this^^^ is the point of view I have.

It's amazing to me how people could think a guy like Mike Shannahan, Superbowl winning coach x2, perfect tan, etc, would just base his decision purely on whomever is the highest bidder. He is in the position power, teams want HIM. He is going to pick the best situation, as a whole, that suits what he wants to do and eventually accomplish. He's not coming back to coach because he needs money -- he wants to win,....a Superbowl. At least that's what I think.

Archived