Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports:Idiotic play call seals Zorn's doom in Washington (MET)

MattFancy

When he's fired after this season -- and Jim Zorn will be fired after this season -- that play will be his epitaph, a multi-colored bird dropping on the tombstone of his head coaching career. And it came in the appropriate game, because a 60-minute showing this bad deserved a signature play that preposterous.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree with this statement. If you were in Zorn's position knowing you were going to get fired in 3 games do you really think you care what play call you are going to do on 4th downs?

if you really want to coach again in this league at anything other than the QB position, you don't make that call. Then again, its hard to argue that a man who would call that play, and laugh about it on national TV, really has the moxy of a coach you are looking for in grooming future young QB's.

really?

do you really give a :pooh: at this point whether we're kicking field goals down 24-0 at the end of the first half?

i couldn't care less. the season is over, the rest is just scenery for the sure to be interesting ride in the offseason.

I know this season is down the tubes... I wish we could at least maintain some sort of dignity as we close it out...

Zorn needs to go, that much is obvious right now.

But I still HATE to hear/see things like "Zorn is an idiot" , I mean seriously, grow up.

The guy failed horribly at being the head coach of the Redskins, lots of coaches have, I think that and the way he has been treated is harsh enough punishment, we don't really have to result to schoolyard insults do we?

ahhhh this is going to be an embarassing week for this franchise.....as it should be.

I dont even know where to turn anymore as a fan. Ive been through 20 years of hell. When does the bleeding stop?

If you hate the front office and everyone in it, as well as most of the players......why should I be a fan?

This.

Seriously, what are we all rooting for at this point? Memories? Not even Snyder can kill those - though he has managed to make the franchise we all once loved completely unrecognizable and an utter joke.

Crappy teams are nothing new - but when was the last time a truly crappy team was showcased on national TV two weeks straight at the end of the season? The only reason to have this team on national TV is for humiliation purposes - and we can all thank Snyder for that.

This team, franchise and organization is horrible, and full of stupid, terrible people. They are not a professional outfit, and unworthy of your support.

I dont think Zorn is an idiot.

I do think he made some idiotic play calls tho.

After mulling it over, I believe Zorn has come to the realization that his head coaching gig is over.

He has had the team playing well the last month or so, and I would bet that in his thought process, he figures that if the team finishes the year very strongly, then he gets to finish his contract.

But when Vinny got canned, the reality hit him in the face.

Hope his "keep it medium" mantra works real well in Cleveland.

Zorn deserves to get fired. I don't care how he's been treated. If you're terrible at your job, you get fired. Just because he's an NFL head coach doesn't mean he has an excuse for performing horribly at his job. It's the rule of any job, if you dn't perform, you get fired. If he really did call this play to be "defiant" I'd fired him today.

I know this season is down the tubes... I wish we could at least maintain some sort of dignity as we close it out...

This....

I know some are in the camp of rooting for losses to obtain a better draft position. I am sorry I cannot join that group. Rooting for the Giants and Cowbows are not in my blood.

Zorn deserves to get fired. I don't care how he's been treated. If you're terrible at your job, you get fired. Just because he's an NFL head coach doesn't mean he has an excuse for performing horribly at his job. It's the rule of any job, if you dn't perform, you get fired. If he really did call this play to be "defiant" I'd fired him today.

Danny should have fired him as soon as he pulled his playcalling duties. At that moment he effectively ended the one job that Zorn was brought in to do. That ridiculous playcall is Danny's fault.

This....

I know some are in the camp of rooting for losses to obtain a better draft position. I am sorry I cannot join that group. Rooting for the Giants and Cowbows are not in my blood.

Nothing would make me happier than somehow screwing over the cowboys in their playoff hopes... I think they have made it, but at least we can make them the last seed...

That play before halftime showed all the signs of a man TRYING to get fired.

I was thinking the same thing. Meanwhile, it's at the expense of the fans and the handful of players who really give a ****. When the Iron Mountain guy showed up this AM, he looked at me and said Danny Smith should just pop Zorn in the head whenever he sees him with a sheet of plays and steal it from him. I mean... half the **** he calls (only Zorn could have called most of that game last night) you look at it and scratch your head.

The Baltimore Orioles have been saying that for about twenty years now.

The O's are improving. They have a solid young core of guys and have been building the right way. It all started when they brought in a real GM in Andy McPhail. Maybe our fortunes will change with Bruce Allen.

That play before halftime showed all the signs of a man TRYING to get fired.
Ding! Exactly right. If he was keeping his job, Zorn kicks the 3 and after the 3rd quarter drive, 24-10. Anyway, Hunter Smith almost gets killed on a play that he should be fired over. He is trying to go out on his terms, I guess, but with his emotions getting the better of him, he has likely damaged any value his stock had landing a job somewhere in the NFL as anything other than a QB coach.

I don't blame Zorn entirely. He has been humiliated by the ownership and management of this franchise. Everybody talked about how much diginity and class he has handled it with, I guess he can only take so much.

Zorn needs to go, that much is obvious right now.

But I still HATE to hear/see things like "Zorn is an idiot" , I mean seriously, grow up.

The guy failed horribly at being the head coach of the Redskins, lots of coaches have, I think that and the way he has been treated is harsh enough punishment, we don't really have to result to schoolyard insults do we?

I agree, thank you. As a fan base we can want changes without resorting to nasty personal attacks on those within the org. some of the V Cerrato attacks were particularly nasty. His track record spoke for the need for his removal not his physical characteristics that he was born with etc.

Remember sometimes coaches grow into the job, on their second stint with a different team. We all know about Belichek and the Browns, but what about our "savior" Shanahan going 8-12 with the Raiders and having Al Davis throw him out on his keyster. You can say "Oh it is Al Davis", but 8-12 is worse than Zorn and there was no sign of improvement in the Raiders during his coaching tenure there at all........ Just saying.

I don't blame Zorn entirely. He has been humiliated by the ownership and management of this franchise. Everybody talked about how much diginity and class he has handled it with, I guess he can only take so much.

Exactly. Danny has been doing everything possible for the last two months to get Zorn to quit so he doesn't have to pay out the rest of his contract that it finally has boiled over. I don't believe that that will be the last absurd fake that we run as long as Zorn is still here.

Archived