Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports:Idiotic play call seals Zorn's doom in Washington (MET)

MattFancy

If that play had worked you guys would be saying how wonderful Zorn is (just like the last time it worked) and let's keep him.

Did you look at that formation... ? It had about as much chance as David Hasselhoff passing up a drink.

That play was not the same play that had been run successfully earlier. It didn't even remotely resemble it pre-snap.

Actually... that play was rediculous.... noone was available to block! it was 3 guys rushing the passer non-impeded!

To me it looked like someone blew their assignment and just stood there (Yoder) while the defender goes around him and then he takes off after a long delay. :doh: Watch the replay you will see it do it frame by frame and you will see things differently. The kicker was also motioned to go to his left when I think he should have gone to his right to draw a defender his way as there were already 6 offensive players to his left.

Hunter should have been throwing to his right and not left. But no one was there to throw it to.

Read Boswell column in today's Washington Post. He believes Zorn is a lot smarter than most fans. He suggests that Zorn called that play for an entirely different reason knowing that it had almost little chance of succeeding. He thinks Zorn was sticking it indirectly to the Skins ownership for the way he has been treated this year.

Exactly. Danny has been doing everything possible for the last two months to get Zorn to quit so he doesn't have to pay out the rest of his contract that it finally has boiled over. I don't believe that that will be the last absurd fake that we run as long as Zorn is still here.

yea...I think they are both trying to out do each other so to speak...Danny wants him to quit...Zorn wants Snyder to fire him...looks like Zorn is going to win

This past week at Redskins Park,while Zorn was making sure he got everything cleaned out of the closet in his office, he stumbled upon a book labled only, OBC plays.

As he open this book,oh what a delight he found in the plays diagrammed within!! Surely these plays were designed by a football savant!!

Page 217 was entitled "Use in case of extreme desperation,only- with Tee time @ 4:15 scribbled in the margin".

"Perfect!!" Zorn muttered to himself.

So, with seconds to go before the half.....................

Well...let's just say...the rest is history.

I think he doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL, but calling him an idiot is too much. Don't forget that he was not supposed to be our head coach, he is just the reflect of Snyder's football knowledge, a perfect interim scapegoat head coach.

With one trick play, Redskins Coach Jim Zorn shows defiance

I agree totally. People seem to forget how giddy and proud Snyder was when he hired Zorn. Snyder even told Joe Gibbs and other people he believed Zorn was the perfect guy for the job, and implied he had many of the same qualities as Joe Gibbs.

The bottom line is this all comes back to Dan Snyder and his incompetent behavior as an NFL owner.

I take it you are not a Redskins fan... :mad:

If you care more about "sticking it to someone" than having your team win.... thats BS

I will tell you who Zorn stuck it to last night. How about everyone of those folks that sat in the cold last night and cheered for our Skins. Everyone who sat at home and stayed up to watch that play call. All the legends that are in that ring of fame inside Fed Ex. He stuck it to the Washington Redskins.:mad:

The greater sin is not calling it. Heck, you can try anything once. Who knows? It may be crazy enough to work. The insane part is showing your hand and then calling it again.

I wonder how insulted Coughlin was that Zorn actually tried the fake after he called timeout.

I'm sure in the huddle, Coughlin said, "If these *******s are dumb enough to line up like that again...do x, y, and z."

All we did was fan everyone out in a zone and didn't leave the right side of the field undefended like the idiot Broncos did.

Seriously, how did that play against Denver ever work?

I will tell you who Zorn stuck it to last night. How about everyone of those folks that sat in the cold last night and cheered for our Skins. Everyone who sat at home and stayed up to watch that play call. All the legends that are in that ring of fame inside Fed Ex. He stuck it to the Washington Redskins.:mad:

A-freakin-MEN.

It must have taken every ounce of willpower for Danny to not fire him at halftime. But I'll bet he was thinking about it and no one would have blamed Danny if he had.

Archived