Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports:Idiotic play call seals Zorn's doom in Washington (MET)

MattFancy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12692307/idiotic-play-call-seals-zorns-doom-in-washington

People like you and me, we like to exaggerate. We like to watch a struggling team like the Washington Redskins, with a struggling coach like Jim Zorn, and we like to say things like, "That guy's an idiot."

Do we mean it? Not really. In our heart of hearts, we know that an NFL head coach can't really be an idiot, especially a head coach who once played quarterback in the NFL for 11 years. A guy like that -- a genuinely nice guy like Jim Zorn -- obviously knows football. He knows a lot more football than people like you and me.

Only today, I'm going to say this, and I'm not going to exaggerate. I'm simply going to make a reasonable observation about genuinely nice Jim Zorn: That guy's an idiot.

Wow! Not pulling any punches here. I think everyone can agree that was an idiotic play call. Zorn needs to go now. No point in waiting 2 more weeks. He seemed to be asking to get fired with the way things went down last night.

ahhhh this is going to be an embarassing week for this franchise.....as it should be.

I dont even know where to turn anymore as a fan. Ive been through 20 years of hell. When does the bleeding stop?

If you hate the front office and everyone in it, as well as most of the players......why should I be a fan?

I agree with him, and I'm wondering if Zorn will ever get a job in football after he gets fired. Seriously, what was going through the guys mind? what really go me pissed of was the laughing after the play and during his post game presser.

I agree with him, and I'm wondering if Zorn will ever get a job in football after he gets fired. Seriously, what was going through the guys mind? what really go me pissed of was the laughing after the play and during his post game presser.

I thought I was the only one who noticed he laughed and had this smark on his face after that debacle of a play

If you were in Zorn's position knowing you were going to get fired in 3 games do you really think you care what play call you are going to do on 4th downs?

Especially since a fired NFL coach still gets paid for the remainder of his contract.

I think that play was the equivalent of George Costanza driving around FedEx field with a Super Bowl trophy tied to his bumper.

Especially since a fired NFL coach still gets paid for the remainder of his contract.

I think that play was the equivalent of George Costanza driving around FedEx field with a Super Bowl trophy tied to his bumper.

Lol, that's what it reminded me of. I think Zorn was trying to get fired last night. That's the only reason I can think of him calling for the fake FG.

Lol, that's what it reminded me of. I think Zorn was trying to get fired last night. That's the only reason I can think of him calling for the fake FG.

LOL!!! or is it the other way around? ...Danny telling Sherm what plays to run so Zorn looks like a complete idiot and has no other choice but to quit!!!)

Archived