Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports:Idiotic play call seals Zorn's doom in Washington (MET)

MattFancy

I think we have known since the bye week last year that there were major issues with Zorn as a coach. What we also can't overlook is that there was a defensive coach that (looked as if) they made no adjustments to defensive play calls or personnel after getting continuously walked up and down the field.

/Really don't like losing to the Giants

//Wish Haynesworth could have knocked Jacobs out.

I don't think Zorn is an idiot. I think he did it on purpose, and I really can't blame him for it. He basically said, "Take this Danny boy, on national TV to boot!" He'll probably do the same crap next week too.

What about all the fans who dug themselves from two feet of snow, going through traffic and dealing with black ice on the way home? Did they not deserve better?

I don't think Zorn is an idiot. I think he did it on purpose, and I really can't blame him for it. He basically said, "Take this Danny boy, on national TV to boot!" He'll probably do the same crap next week too.

If he does it next week, the fans will riot after the game. I can understand if he has problems with Danny, but damn, us fans were out there in support of the team last night and they stunk it up.

What about all the fans who dug themselves from two feet of snow, going through traffic and dealing with black ice on the way home? Did they not deserve better?
If he does it next week, the fans will riot after the game. I can understand if he has problems with Danny, but damn, us fans were out there in support of the team last night and they stunk it up.

I'm not saying it isn't screwed up for the fans or the players who still give a crap. I just don't really blame Zorn for all the crap he's had to go through.

I'm not saying it isn't screwed up for the fans or the players who still give a crap. I just don't really blame Zorn for all the crap he's had to go through.

This is the thing I don't get, though. Yeah, he took a job he was woefully unable to do. Yeah, it was stupid of Bugeyes to even offer him the job, but he's also financially in better shape than if he spent the next 10 years as a QB Coach in Seattle. There's a risk/reward thing.

Was it ****ty of Snyderratto to basically then try to force him out sans pay? Abso****inglutely. That said, I don't agree with all the "emasculating" comments.

The guy was/is a ****ty playcaller. That was made evident when Lewis came in and did a better job with even fewer tools (backups on the O-Line, no Cooley, etcetera). I can't say removing those duties is a bad idea. Hell, every time I see him with a play sheet in his hand, I wish Danny Smith would clock him upside the head and take it from him.

zorn may be trying to embarrass dan and damage the redskins as much as possible before his departure. the play calling scheme is bizarre anyway so the system is ripe for such plundering by a coach that has been dissed 9 ways to hell and back by the ownership.

Pulling Mickey Mouse garbage like this won't fly against the Cowboys. Zorn needs to man up, be a professional, and RESPECT THE TRADITION of the team he coaches. I will not tolerate rolling over for the Cowgirls. He handled this difficult season with great class and professionalism. He deservedly received praise for such behavior. That all ended with the opening kickoff last night. He loses all well wishes on his way out the door if this team lays an egg against Dallas on Sunday night.

What was Danny Smith's role in this playcall?

Does Danny Smith decide if ARE should return punts, still?

Does Danny Smith have a say in who our kicker is?

Does Danny Smith have input into our punters?

Zorn isnt the only one that needs to go people. Its the rest of the underachievers that need the axe...even moreso than Zorn.

I wish all the crusading Synder haters would go find another team, cause I sure am sick and tired of no one being responsible but him. Name another real life scenerio where it would work the same way.

Say your CEO went out and paid 3 million for an employee, and that employee screwed up 6 jobs in a row that an intern could have done correctly. How is that the CEOs fault?

People are responsible for their own actions. Jim Zorn SUCKS. He can't coach a football team, his offense sucks, he doesnt bench players that suck and he is like Rainman at press confrences.

Jim Zorn is the problem and regardless of what frustrastions he may have with the situation, making an embarssement on national television just shows that Synder is right to fire his sorry ass.

For any one implying it's OK for Zorn to tank the integrity of a game by calling stupid plays to make the owner look bad, your not a fan.. find a new team. The guy is making 3 million a year and will be paid out the last year of his contract that's better that 99.9999954 of the population that gets laid off. And mom's told us young that two wrongs don't make a right.

Archived