Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell...Cut him or Keep him?

Ron78

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

People keep saying if we draft a qb he will be worse then JC, and will get crushed because of our weak oline. Well we can still address the line and draft a qb people, and ofcourse his first year would be rocky as most qb rookies are. Getting a qb does not automatically mean we cant address the o line. Why develop the o-line and keep JC for another year, when we can develop the line as well as a new qb? Keeping JC for one more year is just a waste of time, time we could be spending developing a qb of the future. I keep seeing people say he is so tough and any other qb would get killed back there, and you all know this how? Even if that is true, we should keep JC because he is less likely to get injured behind a weak O-line?? He is tough, he has heart, what a classy guy he is, I am tired of hearing all that, who cares he is not good at qb.

I do not get the whole, if we draft a qb the "o-line will get no attention this offseason" thing. Why cant we draft a qb and also improve the line, we are talking about only 1 pick for a qb. The team has tons of needs anyway that 1 offseason will not fix. You build from the ground up with a new qb, and address the line. Having JC just sit here for another year is wasting a year of development for a young qb. I do think there are better vets out there anyway, Jeff Garcia being one of them. All the biggest excuses people have for JC, have little to do with his actual talent and more to do with the kind of classy tough guy he is.

People keep saying if we draft a qb he will be worse then JC, and will get crushed because of our weak oline. Well we can still address the line and draft a qb people, and ofcourse his first year would be rocky as most qb rookies are. Getting a qb does not automatically mean we cant address the o line. Why develop the o-line and keep JC for another year, when we can develop the line as well as a new qb? Keeping JC for one more year is just a waste of time, time we could be spending developing a qb of the future. I keep seeing people say he is so tough and any other qb would get killed back there, and you all know this how? Even if that is true, we should keep JC because he is less likely to get injured behind a weak O-line?? He is tough, he has heart, what a classy guy he is, I am tired of hearing all that, who cares he is not good at qb.

I do not get the whole, if we draft a qb the "o-line will get no attention this offseason" thing. Why cant we draft a qb and also improve the line, we are talking about only 1 pick for a qb. The team has tons of needs anyway that 1 offseason will not fix. You build from the ground up with a new qb, and address the line. Having JC just sit here for another year is wasting a year of development for a young qb. I do think there are better vets out there anyway, Jeff Garcia being one of them. All the biggest excuses people have for JC, have little to do with his actual talent and more to do with the kind of classy tough guy he is.

Exactly right. Fortunately I think Shanahan feels the same way.

The O-line is a disaster.

Making it worse is the fact that JC doesn't read defenses presnap all that well.

It was a terrible combo this season.

He also doesn't go downfield enough -- his tight end always seems to be his first read. It's been the same no matter the offense. Whenever anyone else comes in, the receivers seem to get more looks -- at least downfield.

All that said, he has a ton of heart and definitely has had some great moments this year. I want him to come back -- a super easy guy to root for.

But I would not even consider signing him to a longterm deal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone is going to offer him a lot of money. Carolina has a ton of guaranteed money tied up in Delhomme. Same goes with the Raiders and Russell. Other teams -- the Rams for instance -- would probably rather draft a guy. It will get their fans more excited than a guy like JC.

This is where I'm incredibly happy Allen and hopefully Shanahan are involved. I trust them to analyze JC on film and make a smart decision.

My prediction is barring two good games to end the season, where he is making quick smart decisions, Allen and Shanny decide to go in a different direction.

We draft a QB and a crafty vet keeps the seat warm. Someone like Collins or Chad Pennington.

Yipiee our D is good . Giving up 45 points is good ? Campbell played poorly tonight Yes but the D has given up something like 68 points in the 4th Q when the game was either close or we had the lead ....good? My god this is as bad as the 06 D ...

The D did not throw the pick 6, They held them under 40!

Make a play for Sage Rosenfels he is a better QB than JC and he's run our similiar style wco in houston. Put him with Shanny's son Kyle at OC and we have a stable sub in while our drafted QB sits and learns the O

That actually is a good prediction.

Thing is, I think the Favre experiment is about to blow up and the Vikings aren't going to want to part with Sage.

Make a play for Sage Rosenfels he is a better QB than JC and he's run our similiar style wco in houston. Put him with Shanny's son Kyle at OC and we have a stable sub in while our drafted QB sits and learns the O

Hmmmm..... this isn't a bad idea.....

Great idea and we never should have let Sage leave to begin with

While true we have a lot of concerns on this team, I don't agree with keeping him. Sure the o-line was horrible last night and JC has improved, but there is MUCH more gametape over the years of him playing bad, making horrible decisions and thats all our coaches/gm will have to evaluate JC.

He has played behind some pretty good o-lines before and has not been great, he has had plenty of time and doesn't seem to have "it".

While true we desperately need a new o-line, we also need a QB that can make you pay for blitzing relentlessly, even a great o-line will eventually break down when you constantly bring the house...and we all seen what JC does under pressure.

While true we have a lot of concerns on this team, I don't agree with keeping him. Sure the o-line was horrible last night and JC has improved, but there is MUCH more gametape over the years of him playing bad, making horrible decisions and thats all our coaches/gm will have to evaluate JC.

He has played behind some pretty good o-lines before and has not been great, he has had plenty of time and doesn't seem to have "it".

While true we desperately need a new o-line, we also need a QB that can make you pay for blitzing relentlessly, even a great o-line will eventually break down when you constantly bring the house...and we all seen what JC does under pressure.

Don't all the, "Keep him, who do we have that's better," posts seem like symptoms of battered person syndrome?

I don't think Jason is the future of this franchise, but I think he deserves another training camp. Draft someone or bring in whoever you want to have him compete with for the job but I think Jason's character has earned him another training camp competition in my book. Before you lay into me, Yes...I know he's looked downright confused at times. He makes horrible throws and just can't seem to hit the long ball, but his perseverance has really shown me something thinks he should get at least one more shot.

He's played well enough to earn one last chance.

MAYBE he'll improve with a real coach and a descent O-line. MAYBE.

Althought, they mentioned last night that he's started 50 games. 50 games?! I couldnt' believe that, wow.

Pretty lack luster career so far.

Only reason to keep him around would be to avoid starting a rookie and absolutely tanking next year.

I don't think Jason is the future of this franchise, but I think he deserves another training camp. Draft someone or bring in whoever you want to have him compete with for the job but I think Jason's character has earned him another training camp competition in my book. Before you lay into me, Yes...I know he's looked downright confused at times. He makes horrible throws and just can't seem to hit the long ball, but his perseverance has really shown me something thinks he should get at least one more shot.

I could go with this too, because we need to make sure we get all the data about him down. Maybe seeing the O-Line under some one else would be nice.

The only problem I see with this is that if we draft a qb, Jason may perform better in training camp due to his playing 50 games in the NFL. So he could outperform the kid, but that rookie qb could prove to be much better then him if he had some NFL game experience of his own. I am not sure if saying "you have to do better then this rookie in training camp" is enough, when the rookie could have potential to be better than JC with some game experience under his belt.

A rookie qb is rarely good his first year, but it takes those rough times for them to be great. If JC beats out a rook qb in camp and we get the same results for another year, we have basically just wasted a year that could have gone to developing the next qb of this franchise. I just think signing JC to another year or more is taking a big risk in that we are possibly wasting another year with that position, when we could use it to develop a young qb.

The only problem I see with this is that if we draft a qb, Jason may perform better in training camp due to his playing 50 games in the NFL. So he could outperform the kid, but that rookie qb could prove to be much better then him if he had some NFL game experience of his own. I am not sure if saying "you have to do better then this rookie in training camp" is enough, when the rookie could have potential to be better than JC with some game experience under his belt.

A rookie qb is rarely good his first year, but it takes those rough times for them to be great. If JC beats out a rook qb in camp and we get the same results for another year, we have basically just wasted a year that could have gone to developing the next qb of this franchise. I just think signing JC to another year or more is taking a big risk in that we are possibly wasting another year with that position, when we could use it to develop a young qb.

That's a good point. I just hope that it's something that a proper coaching staff and Gm would be able to take into account on that matter. Maybe they set the bar (keep in mind I know that snaps are limited in the preseason) to where he would have to perform Manning, Brady, Brees-like feats in order to be named starter. If not we go with the kid and see what we can get for JC in trade. Maybe he performs well enough that he catches Al Davis' eye out in Oakland or Holmgren in Cleveland. Who knows? Worst case scenario would be that we cut him and get nothing in return.

I don't know about cutting or keeping JC for another year cause I just went along

with most JC supports saying every year since 07' give him more time to get

more playing time to get better but his stats are better and low numbers...

To me I had enough need a QB that has spark or sparks for his offence. He needs

to be a better leader... If he is given another year, he's going to have to earn it next

year before playing that 1 game next year...

No CBA deal means you make him a RFA with at least the 2nd round tender. That way you keep him on the cheap until you identify what your new coach wants at that position. If another team wants him we'll have right of first refusal, and if we choose not to match the offer, we get a 2nd round pick from the team.

It's a win/win

Archived