Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell...Cut him or Keep him?

Ron78

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

How can anyone not see the difference when Collins stepped in? The only difference was that Collins made his reads and fired the ball without hesitation into places Jason rarely goes.

And my god, those INTs were HORRIBLE. The pick six was one of the worst throws I have ever seen. Just embarrassing. :doh:

I have a new nickname for Jason Campbell... 50/50.

Those who have been on this board long enough will recognize this as the name given to Rod Gardener for his chances of catching any ball thrown to him.

IMO, it applies well to the chances of Jason Campbell of making a play or not. Because for every good play, he is likely to make a boneheaded one.

BTW... that intentional grounding play.... Regardless of the other penalty, after 5 years in the NFL he is still struggling with how to throw a ball away? Really? I mean last year he took two dumb sacks because he held on to the ball all the way to the sideline when he could have thrown it into the stands. A few weeks ago he almost did the same thing again, remembered at the last second to throw the ball and almost didn't get it away in time. This time he cant throw it into the stands and instead throws it short of 5 yards. HOW FREEKIN HARD CAN IT BE? :doh:

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you BLC and SoCal.

Although, how many times does Jaws or Gruden have to say "Jason Campbell has absolutely no chance"? Or "You can win with Jason Campbell if you give him some continuity, an Oline, and a running back."?

I honestly have no clue how Jason Campbell could be - the organization is such a train wreck that I'm not sure who would come in here and be successful.

I'm sorry - but as far as analyzing a football game I'll listen to Jaws and other commentators and look at the constant pressure and what I know effects ALL QB's in the league.

Your constant Campbell bashing is pathetic.

since u heard jaws and gruden say that im going to assume that u heard jaws and gruden say Collins got hit after making that pass. but u dont need me or them to tell u that. if u aint blind, u saw clearly that Collins made a difference again. a career back up, that doesnt pratice with starters, hasnt had a start in almost 2 yrs and first throw is perfect deep pass to Moss. then he attacks the secondary by throwing a perfect pass going vertical to davis.

freaking 38 yr old career back up is better than this useless POS QB.

GOd, get rid of this jason candle please. get rid of this horrendous QB.

I agree a little with everyone here.

JC has looked horrible and definitely doesn't show up in pressure situations, but he also has absolutely nothing around him right now either so it's very hard to put all the blame on him.

At this point tho, if JC is ever gonna be successful, I don't think it will ever be with us.

I think when we bring our coach in, whoever it may be, he should look at gametape of every QB available to us and pick who he thinks will perform well in the system he plans to install, if that means through the draft..then let it happen.

this is utter BS. how did he play well in the saints game and the oakland game? so those games it was campbell performing well but when he performs bad its just everyones elses fault??

campbell played well against the saints. it wasnt because the line gave him time and we ran the ball well, its because he just had a good game. he was reading better and making better decisions.

campbell played well against the raiders. see above.

campbell played like utter trash tonight. it was because he was slow, making terrible decisions, and couldnt pick up a blitz to save his life.

Just when I thought the worst was over. They some how manage to top there performance against the Loins :doh: Did you see Jason looking for those check downs over and over again its just pad pad pad. Everybody could see it. Crap this was has bad as it gets. I told you Zorn was a Bozo last year. But no we go back for more like a battered wife. That's it, this team as a battered wife syndrome honey I'm sorry for treating you bad, and then the very next week he does the same thing. That's how we treat JC and JZ and they just break our hearts over and over again.

How can anyone not see the difference when Collins stepped in? The only difference was that Collins made his reads and fired the ball without hesitation into places Jason rarely goes.

And my god, those INTs were HORRIBLE. The pick six was one of the worst throws I have ever seen. Just embarrassing. :doh:

I have a new nickname for Jason Campbell... 50/50.

Those who have been on this board long enough will recognize this as the name given to Rod Gardener for his chances of catching any ball thrown to him.

IMO, it applies well to the chances of Jason Campbell of making a play or not. Because for every good play, he is likely to make a boneheaded one.

BTW... that intentional grounding play.... Regardless of the other penalty, after 5 years in the NFL he is still struggling with how to throw a ball away? Really? I mean last year he took two dumb sacks because he held on to the ball all the way to the sideline when he could have thrown it into the stands. A few weeks ago he almost did the same thing again, remembered at the last second to throw the ball and almost didn't get it away in time. This time he cant throw it into the stands and instead throws it short of 5 yards. HOW FREEKIN HARD CAN IT BE? :doh:

exactly. collins quick read, no hesistation, quick release and the difference in type of pass attempts is the biggest key.

the deep vertical passes attackign the secondary , throwing recveivers in stride... something camble would never do. that pass to davis, candle would never attempt because it was too tight. his inaccuracy is the reason why candle wouldnt attempt those throws. collins has good accruacy, hence he doesnt hesitate. he just throws it. so refreshing to see colllins come in with the same incompetent offense that candle was leading and make a 180,.

candle is worse than our career back up 38 yr old QB

this is utter BS. how did he play well in the saints game and the oakland game? so those games it was campbell performing well but when he performs bad its just everyones elses fault??

campbell played well against the saints. it wasnt because the line gave him time and we ran the ball well, its because he just had a good game. he was reading better and making better decisions.

campbell played well against the raiders. see above.

campbell played like utter trash tonight. it was because he was slow, making terrible decisions, and couldnt pick up a blitz to save his life.

Oh, OK , so we play well in 2 or 3 games out of 14 and suddenly we have a great team? THATS UTTER BS! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I am in no way sticking up for JC, he needs to go, we will never be a winner with him at QB. I'm simply saying this entire team is garbage and trying to put the blame only on JC is idiocy.

But..rage on, I enjoy it

BLC you are a hater. Did you not see him pretend he is hurt? Laying on that cold ground after 25 MILLION pounds of snow were removed. You aren't a real fan.

im sorry, i should just be thankful hes playing his guts out on the field, thats all that really counts. id be completely content with going 0-16 if i saw lots of guts, courage and heart.

guts, courage, heart > wins, points, big plays

You might be the most classless person I've ever come across on this forum.

I pray to God you get a ban and get your thoughtless garbage off the site.

Put me on ignore if you want to avoid the truth.

im sorry, i should just be thankful hes playing his guts out on the field, thats all that really counts. id be completely content with going 0-16 if i saw lots of guts, courage and heart.

guts, courage, heart > wins, points, big plays

Why even mention 0-16. Wins and losses are not what matter. You need to wake up. If you only count the first drive of the second half, we win. Focus on that.

Considering we don't have a left tackle, right tackle or right guard, we need to keep Campbell and use every available option to replenish our offensive line. And if Shanahan comes in, Dockery is completely the wrong fit for his offensive scheme. So we're looking at 4 immediate holes on the line. We can bicker all offseason about Campbell's ability and potential, but there's no area on our offense that needs more pressing improvement than the line... Which, if anyone needs reminding, directly inhibits any production from our passing OR running game. (If, let's say, Campbell is the 15th best quarterback in the NFL and given a C- grade, our line in its entirety is undoubtedly in the bottom 5 with an F grade)

The fact is, we won't get any better production at QB next year than from Campbell. There isn't a free agent that could come in and do better and no rookie could possibly outplay Campbell (or even play well) given these circumstances. The best path to immediate and long-term success is to replenish the line with our high 1st and 2nd round picks, ideally acquiring our bookend tackles for the next decade. If we can sign a guard or two in free agency, the seeds will have been planted for a thorough redevelopment of the line. That's something our offense can build on.

Oh, OK , so we play well in 2 or 3 games out of 14 and suddenly we have a great team? THATS UTTER BS! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I am in no way stickingup for JC, he needs to go, we will never be a winner with him at QB. I'm simply saying this entire team is garbage and trying to put the blame only on JC is idocy.

But..rage on, I enjoy it

a huge chunk was on campbell today. his picks were frigging awful, his hesitations looked right back where he started, and he just cannot read the giants defense ever, in his entire career hes now 0-5 against them.

the team was dreadful today for sure, but campbell was a massive issue on offense. my issue is that his fan club wont admit that ever which is just baffling.

this game sealed his fate though, dude is 100% out of here.

a huge chunk was on campbell today. his picks were frigging awful, his hesitations looked right back where he started, and he just cannot read the giants defense ever, in his entire career hes now 0-5 against them.

the team was dreadful today for sure, but campbell was a massive issue on offense. my issue is that his fan club wont admit that ever which is just baffling.

Don't see anyone saying he played good or anything.

I'll admit he played awful.

I simply said I couldn't really evaluate his play in a vacuum because he was being tossed around like a rag doll from the first play of the game.

But continue to talk to me like I'm some blind defender - when it's much more likely that you're a blind basher.

No excuse - he played awful - the people paid to evaluate this stuff will do their job and decide his future. But I can tell you right now they won't ignore the fact that his offensive line is complete trash.

Oh don't worry, I'm not a "fan club" member, but I did want him back under a real system next year......until tonight.

Tonight was the ultimate pressure situation, playing for a new GM for your right to be a NFL starting QB...and he failed horribly.

He needs to go, but so do a lot of others on this team, they have proven how much they want to play here next year by tonights game.

Considering we don't have a left tackle, right tackle or right guard, we need to keep Campbell and use every available option to replenish our offensive line. And if Shanahan comes in, Dockery is completely the wrong fit for his offensive scheme. So we're looking at 4 immediate holes on the line. We can bicker all offseason about Campbell's ability and potential, but there's no area on our offense that needs more pressing improvement than the line... Which, if anyone needs reminding, directly inhibits any production from our passing OR running game. (If, let's say, Campbell is the 15th best quarterback in the NFL and given a C- grade, our line in its entirety is undoubtedly in the bottom 5 with an F grade)

The fact is, we won't get any better production at QB next year than from Campbell. There isn't a free agent that could come in and do better and no rookie could possibly outplay Campbell (or even play well) given these circumstances. The best path to immediate and long-term success is to replenish the line with our high 1st and 2nd round picks, ideally acquiring our bookend tackles for the next decade. If we can sign a guard or two in free agency, the seeds will have been planted for a thorough redevelopment of the line. That's something our offense can build on.

Dude your right about the line, but wrong about the QB. We never give anybody else reps to know if they can do it. TC is the only choice right now and its refreshing to see him not just check down over and over again. Just think if TC got real reps. Jason stats are only like that because he checks down 90 percent of the time. TC played with the same team tonight and be honest he refused to check down and put it on the LINE!!!! JC needs to be gone the faster the better. JC does not do what counts most and that is win!!!!

Don't see anyone saying he played good or anything.

I'll admit he played awful.

I simply said I couldn't really evaluate his play in a vacuum because he was being tossed around like a rag doll from the first play of the game.

But continue to talk to me like I'm some blind defender - when it's much more likely that you're a blind basher.

No excuse - he played awful - the people paid to evaluate this stuff will do their job and decide his future. But I can tell you right now they won't ignore the fact that his offensive line is complete trash.

this is fine, im glad you admitted he played awful.

and again, was his line "complete trash" when he was throwing 3 TDs against the saints?

Patient? I think he has had more than enough time to develop. Changing systems is no excuse for still playing like rookie at this point in his career.
2007. :)
so whats the excuse tonight guys? how many of you were buying that fools gold the last 2 weeks with all the "hes turning a corner" and "hes finally getting it" and "he just needed more time"?
I think the coaches were listening to them. That's why we went with the brilliant gameplan of putting him behind center so often against the NY pass rush and their blitzes.

He is a QB that plays with his eyes. If he can't see it, he can't make the play, which is why he'll always have problems. We've tried to explain to people about his inability to read NFL defenses, but they just don't listen. They think breaking down a single bad play, like the int against NO is unfair when we're trying to describe the bigger picture.

You'll notice his late success against the blitz has either been directly in the middle of the field, or out of the shotgun where he can make a play with his feet to avoid the rush.

No clue why they put him behind center so often tonight. Horrible game plan.

LOL. The analysis of the past few games has show an improvement with JC. The line the past two games had significantly improved pocket protection and Campbell was able to sit in the pocket. That being allowed he was able to make plays. Campbell isn't a peyton Manning, but if you give him protection he can make plays. His play style is "smooth and steady". With our O-line today he couldn't even drop 3 steps. Hence we saw the "old" JC. Collins had 2 plays where he ended up on his back. Yes, he made 2 good plays, whether that was sustainable or not is just hear say. For all we know it could of been from plays that had been set up by Campbell. (though that's just speculation like the rest of all this crap). Bottom line was past few weeks the offensive line played better as did Campbell. This week oline skunked it up (like the did for 11 weeks to start season) and Campbell played bad. It's so freaking obvious...... sign campbell for 1 or 2 years.... work on our o-line and hopefully groom another qb to come in next couple years. Releasing campbell is taking another 2 steps back. With an o line he can win games.

Archived