Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell...Cut him or Keep him?

Ron78

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And a hall of fame running back, a hall of fame WR, a hall of fame CB, a plethora of all-pro RBs, WRS, DEs, LBs, an MVP kicker, etc, etc, etc...

Well whats wrong with that?Brady,Peyton,McNabb....these QB's have alot of talent around them.why can't we have a talented roster?

Thats right we need a Great QB earning Millions to get crushed by the opposing defense.It's the Redskins,that makes sense.

Well whats wrong with that?Brady,Peyton,McNabb....these QB's have alot of talent around them.why can't we have a talented roster?

Thats right we need a Great QB earning Millions to get crushed by the opposing defense.It's the Redskins,that makes sense.

I'm very confused to your response. Does it have a point?

The glory days under Joe Gibbs are not relevant to 2010. Those were excellent football teams all around, running game, passing game, both lines, linebackers, defensive backs, special teams, etc.

We're no-where near anything remotely close to the talent of those teams and never will be in the FA era.

Keep him. You aren't going to get anybody better this offseason. Too many holes and no one in the draft at QB strikes me as someone we need to use a high first rounder on.

Exactly. I am not impressed with Claussen or Bradford really. I think that I would rather have Sanchez than those guys and I was not really high on Sanchez like many people were. We need that pick for a lineman for a change and we need some help at the running back position.

Exactly. I am not impressed with Claussen or Bradford really. I think that I would rather have Sanchez than those guys and I was not really high on Sanchez like many people were. We need that pick for a lineman for a change and we need some help at the running back position.

Shanahan has proven he can plug anyone in at RB so we need OL and QB in whatever order works the best.

He needs to go ASAP!

He can't even throw the ball out of bounds or at least get it back to the line of scrimmage to avoid a intentional grounding penalty, that is just STUPID at this point in his career and when you see the house blitzing then why don't you audible to a quick pass play all the good QBs know how to do it buy there 4th damn year.

I disagree with the assessment of his play here.

In 2004, he was far better than Brunell and looked good in the limited action he had in 2005.

can you really hinge any potential success on a 6-10 season almost 6 years ago as grounds that he could still perform at a high level?

i remember he looked ok in 05 when he came in from time to time (mainly the giants game) but that was looong ago.

can you really hinge any potential success on a 6-10 season almost 6 years ago as grounds that he could still perform at a high level?

i remember he looked ok in 05 when he came in from time to time (mainly the giants game) but that was looong ago.

I am not saying sign him as the starter. Bring him into camp as a guy who knows Shanny's offense and let them compete.

I think everyone will be shocked at how well he'll perform in my opinion.

I am not saying sign him as the starter. Bring him into camp as a guy who knows Shanny's offense and let them compete.

I think everyone will be shocked at how well he'll perform in my opinion.

ah, that makes more sense.

im fine with that i guess, if he can be a decent backup fine by me. i have to believe that collins will be gone and colt is a total question mark.

Quit with the o-line stuff

Both Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers have terrible lines. You don't see them struggling.

Well when you are comparing the stats of these QBs you have to consider how much time they have in their respective systems.

I'll give you that Ben and Rodger's are better QBs then Jason Campbell; the more time a QB has in a system the more command or mastery they have over that offense (not to mention that the Packers are loaded with receiving weapons and the Steelers are ahead of us as well.

Secondly, and more importantly all sacks are not created equal.

Getting hit and sacked on 3 step and 5 step drops like JC.

Isn't the same as getting hit or sacked on 5 and 7 step drops after holding the ball.

And both Ben and Rodgers are notorious for holding the ball too long, yes longer then JC.

Just watch these dudes play, Ben regularly doesn't make initial read progression holds the ball then scrambles around.

Rodgers is often looking downfield 1st then looks to get ride of the ball.

Ben and Rodgers are bad examples to compare the sack totals because their sacks come after they had good protection not because of poor protection.

But even if Rodgers and Rothlisberger have terrible lines they would be exceptions to the rule.

Merry Christmas!

eggnog.jpg

Keep him at least 1 more year...Bruce Allen has to build the O line and we need young talent not old vets that Vinny would bring in but drafted O lineman.....QB is a problem but the Oline is the most important problem and can't be argued otherwise. Im always open to see if a QB opens up in FA but the QB in this years draft are NOT the answer long term for this franchise. Im not saying JC is but we cant take the chance drafting a QB in the 1st and it not panning out and leaving us further behind the division.

I look at it like this there are more important needs than trying to teach a new QB the offense. He is a good QB with flashes of greatness if he only had the time to be able to go through his progressions. Lets keep him around for another year to see what the new GM can put together. Hopefully we draft smart not like we have in the past, don't get me wrong the D is pretty good, but we need the Offense to be just as good if not better. Spend the money on young up and comers instead of trying to buy a championship in one year!:dallasuck

Keep him, because there are no other options out there. So you sign him to a 2-3 year deal(he'll come cheap than what a rookie will demand in the top 10), draft your linemen this year, and then you draft your QB next year. At first I was saying he needs a fresh start elsewhere, but then you look at the options, what is out there besides the rookies that are coming into the draft(I think McCoy, Clausen and Bradford aren't all that great either).

Here is something to think about, look @ the top picks at QB this year, and last year. The 2 QB's that went to the playoffs last year were not world beaters, but they were more managers last year than anything. Both the Ravens and Falcons relied more on the running game, better line blocking and defense(Michael Turner was a top 3 back last year, and the Ravens had a top 5 running team and top defense). We don't have a running game to compliment anything. What's keeping the Jets around this year, is they have a solid defense and running game. Sanchez(he's a rookie, I know) is throwing them out of games that has costed them to at least be in the top of the AFC East.

The main point of my post is we have suckage all around that needs to be addressed ASAP. I'm sick of it too, but this won't be fixed in one off-season, and I think Bruce Allen realizes this. The first problem was solved, now I'm pretty sure other problems will be solved as well.

The main point of my post is we have suckage all around that needs to be addressed ASAP. I'm sick of it too, but this won't be fixed in one off-season, and I think Bruce Allen realizes this. The first problem was solved, now I'm pretty sure other problems will be solved as well.

Nice post. Getting rid of JC would be a Vinny-like (aka dumb) thing to do because we don't have many options. Also, JC will come cheap and is a restricted FA. Secondly, even if we draft a QB it would be dumb to start him right away with the OL we currently have.

This team is not one year away.

Archived