Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: According to Chris Russell of 106.7, Allen will NOT work with Shanahan

mithong1

I find it bizarre that there would be a contract that is binding to that extent. I could see him being locked in to a certain network, but to have language that prohibits him from leaving broadcasting to pursue coaching seems strange.

I can't imagine Gruden accepting a contract that would prohibit him from coaching. From what I have heard, he has been doing everything possible to stay current and ready to coach again from studying personnel, possible draft picks, and schemes.

Chucky cannot get out of his network contract to Coach.

:doh: Ugh, I HOPE this is true, but I'm pretty sure anyone can break their contract, and I'm sure Danny would pay him enough for him to pay off anything he'd owe...the LAST thing I want is Gruden. Campbell FINALLY seems to be seriously progressing with Zorn and our offense looks good with him so comfortable back there despite the shots he takes, and he is earning my respect for getting back up and giving it all he's got.

You bring in Gruden, and suddenly you have a different system - and possibly the most confusing, longest-worded system in the history of the league if you've ever watched a program on Gruden and his system. Also, he's a disciplinarian type of guy, not that that's a bad thing, it's just that we all know Campbell is NOT going to respond to that and will hit the reset button under a new system and we start all over. We have FINALLY started being fun to watch, and look like a real NFL offense which allows our defense to play more aggressively and we've all seen the fruits of that, the wins may not have come, but it's obvious to anyone watching that we are getting it and have a STRONG foundation to succeed. I say we stay the course and I HOPE Allen strongly looks into keeping the current staff around.

Why?

How is Allen not working for Shanahan a certainity?

If you had the choice between Shanahan for HC or Allen as GM who would you pick?

Who is Chris Russell?

According to Chris Russell of 106.7, Allen will NOT work with Shanahan

^^Nonsense

http://www.profootballweekly.com/blo...-in-play-in-dc

click link for entire article

Shanahan, not Gruden, could be in play in D.C.

By Eric Edholm

While the initial speculation after a wild chain of events this morning centered around whether the resignation of Vinny Cerrato and the signing (I think 11 minutes later) of Bruce Allen as Redskins general manager would mean that Jon Gruden was the eventual apple of Daniel Snyder's eye, don't forget about Mike Shanahan.

Interestingly, Allen joined the Raiders' front office the same year that Shanahan got the head coaching job in Denver. They faced each other every year for nine years until Allen went to run the Buccaneers.

And though Allen and Gruden were a pair in Oakland and Tampa Bay, we hear them joining up in Washington is not a sure thing.

Interesting stuff that we'll be following the rest of today and, I suspect, well beyond that

I find it bizarre that there would be a contract that is binding to that extent. I could see him being locked in to a certain network, but to have language that prohibits him from leaving broadcasting to pursue coaching seems strange.

It is. He signed on for another year only because they liked him enough to bring him back. But the Network definitely won't hold him back from a HC position. Especially in the NFCE where they'll get amazing feedback and access from him.

Out of curiosity, what leads you to believe this as fact?

I'm guessing based on the interviews Gruden did where he is practically obsessed with Tim Tebow.

If Gruden comes here, I sincerely believe that so is Tebow. Gruden is already working on a spread offense for his next team, and he would love to use Tebow as his Wild Card QB.

Chaught76- Please take Nolan off the coaching list. He was a flipping disaster in DC and in SF. In Baltimore he coached one of the best linebackers in football which you or me could have done. If we hire Nolan, our fan base will go beserk!

Obviously Nolan's defenses were not that great here, but he had success in other places.

I don't think anyone could have made the 49ers winners when Nolan was there.

I just think he could be a valid canindate.

Way down though, Jim Harbaugh is the up and coming head coach I would like see us hire, but whoever Bruce Allen thinks is the man, I'm good with that.

Also, I think Zorn has a real shot of still being the head coach; just as long as he isn't the one calling plays anymore.

Archived