Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some JC Bashers are just sad,....

dc1

I'm amazed at the statements that JC has only been good for the last 2 to 3 games or that he's very inconsistent.

What is inconsistent is

1: The memories of most of the posters on the site.

2: The aptitude or level of fundamental football concepts.

Between the last 6 games of 2008 and the first 7 of 2009: JC has played under arguably, the worst line in the NFL , a non existent running game and amateurish play calling (laughable as best).

He has been and should be applauded to have lived through it – as no other NFL QB could have been successful under those conditions – None!

Over the last 5 years we have seen how even the smallest amount of pressure disrupts the most prolific offenses and QBs in the league.

See Peyton Manning and the Steelers or Tom Brady’s and NE’s perfect season crumble around NY’s defensive line.

What has Changed?

Within the last 5 games we have seen:

• Sherm Lewis (s) offense bloom into what appears to be a basic pro offense (better than what we had).
  • The O-Line has provided more time – resulting in deeper (longer developing) and more consistent WR patterns as well as (to say the lest the occasional QB pocket)
  • The O-Line has provided more up front push - resulting in a more successful running game – and a sellable play action.

Very short list -

He may not be a top 10 QB (yet),.. but he’s not garbage.

What’s sad,.. is that most of the folks who bashed JC. Would have traded their left tennis ball to have Matt Cassel last off season…..

oh that’s right ..a consistent system, protection and a competent running game doesn’t mean anything…..

I'm amazed at the statements that JC has only been good for the last 2 to 3 games or that he's very inconsistent.

What is inconsistent is

1: The memories of most of the posters on the site.

2: The aptitude or level of fundamental football concepts.

Between the last 6 games of 2008 and the first 7 of 2009: JC has played under arguably, the worst line in the NFL , a non existent running game and amateurish play calling (laughable as best).

He has been and should be applauded to have lived through it – as no other NFL QB could have been successful under those conditions – None!

Over the last 5 years we have seen how even the smallest amount of pressure disrupts the most prolific offenses and QBs in the league.

See Peyton Manning and the Steelers or Tom Brady’s and NE’s perfect season crumble around NY’s defensive line.

What has Changed?

Within the last 5 games we have seen:

• Sherm Lewis (s) offense bloom into what appears to be a basic pro offense (better than what we had).
  • The O-Line has provided more time – resulting in deeper (longer developing) and more consistent WR patterns as well as (to say the lest the occasional QB pocket)
  • The O-Line has provided more up front push - resulting in a more successful running game – and a sellable play action.

Very short list -

He may not be a top 10 QB (yet),.. but he’s not garbage.

What’s sad,.. is that most of the folks who bashed JC. Would have traded their left tennis ball to have Matt Castille last off season…..

oh that’s right ..a consistent system, protection and a competent running game doesn’t mean anything…..

Great post! I agree whole-heartedly.

Jason has not looked good at times, but this TEAM as a whole hasn't looked good. Particualrly with the backward way of building the team (from the outside in), that Vinny has taken.

That being said if we follow Vinny's trajectory and focus on beefing up the O-line a bit more with some young quality depth (last year we upgraded the D-Line a bit). Then maybe we can FINALLY do something in Zorn's third year.

Yeah, I said Zorn's third year. I now consider these first two years as on the job training. Not the way most teams in the NFL would do it, but that seems to be the way of our Skins.

What’s sad,.. is that most of the folks who bashed JC. Would have traded their left tennis ball to have Matt Casel last off season…..

What’s sad,.. is that most of the folks who bashed JC. Would have traded their left tennis ball to have Matt Cassel last off season…..

Fixed. ;)

Fixed your fixed ;)

of course they're sad

Campbell is playing great, and becoming the leader of this team

:cool2:

Seriously man. WTF?

It's bad enough when a guy with 5 posts starts a callout thread making the debate a personal issue and questioning the "aptitude" of anyone who disagrees with him. But when a mod stoops to this level it lowers the standard of the entire board. :doh:

Seriously man. WTF?

It's bad enough when a guy with 5 posts starts a callout thread making the debate a personal issue and questioning the "aptitude" of anyone who disagrees with him. But when a mod stoops to this level it lowers the standard of the entire board. :doh:

Well put.

In 5 years the JC love fest has found a game to hang their hats on, 1 win against the Raiders in which Russell had to replace big time Gradkowski, keep reaching for them stars guy's.

Seriously man. WTF?

1. I'm staff not a moderator

2. lighten up it was a joke

Well put.

In 5 years the JC love fest has found a game to hang their hats on' date=' 1 win against the Raiders in which Russell had to replace big time Gradkowski, keep reaching for them stars guy's.[/quote']

your post isn't even a little bit relevant to the post you quoted, just another excuse to bash Campbell.

yeah one win :thumbsup:

:hysterical:

Can I ask why everyone has to pick a side on Campbell? Why can't we root for the guy and team and let the football people do there job?

Either people say he will be our franchise qb, or others say he sucks and shouldn't be in the league.

Some, but very few, believe he is what he is. A great game manager, a starting qb (with proper building around him), and someone who can lead a team with his toughness.

Is he the best? No. But is he the worst? No. Everyone in the league is looking for the next Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc. But 85% of the league doesn't have them. So stop acting like we are the only team in search of one.

We have a middle of the pack qb right now, one who has shown flashes of brilliance and stupidity. But everyone needs to stop acting as though he is our problem. The construction of this team is the problem.

Staff... mod... whatever...

Yeah, it's a joke all right. :doh:

excuse me, but unless you can suddenly read minds, don't try to tell me my thought process.

there is nothing wrong, or suggestive in my post that violates board rules or good taste, don't attempt to condemn me because you read it wrong, or transposed more than what was written.

I read the title and thought it was a good set up line to poke fun at the Campbell bashers....

believe it or not, I don't care but don't tell me what I was thinking and suggest I would lie about it.

your post isn't even a little bit relevant to the post you quoted, just another excuse to bash Campbell.

yeah one win :thumbsup:

:hysterical:

Sorry if you can't comprehend I touched on 2 different issues there[that is why I separated "well put" from the rest of the post:thumbsup:] then it is not hard to understand your belief that JC is a franchise QB. Your not overly observant.:loser:

Can I ask why everyone has to pick a side on Campbell? Why can't we root for the guy and team and let the football people do there job?

We have a middle of the pack qb right now, one who has shown flashes of brilliance and stupidity. But everyone needs to stop acting as though he is our problem. The construction of this team is the problem.

Awesome post and I agree with everything you said. I don't think he's a franchise QB but I think he's someone you can win with. The options outside of Campbell for next season aren't necessarily any better (he's among the best FA QBs and this rookie class isn't that great IMO). Bring him back and see what he can do at a modest price and if not, move on. That's contingent on him playing this well for the rest of the season though. If not, cut him loose.

Archived