Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some JC Bashers are just sad,....

dc1

Jason Campbell Rating: 89 TD/Int: 17/12 Yards per game: 226

Matt Cassell Rating: 68.3 TD/Int: 13/13 Yards per game: 183

Mark Sanchez Rating: 63.7 TD/Int: 11/17 Yards per game: 170

Jay Cutler Rating: 75.2 TD/Int: 19/22 Yards per game: 232

Cutler is a franchise QB though. More talented than Brady he just can't rely on any of his receivers. Didn't you know that already?

Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Campbell, Orakpo, Jarmon, plus whoever we draft next year ZOMGGG

In all seriousness, though, if there was a 89.0 vs. 75.2 QBR discrepancy between any other two QBs, the first QB would be hands down the better QB in this board's eyes. But because it's Campbell v. Cutler, the "numbers don't matter".

Well put.

In 5 years the JC love fest has found a game to hang their hats on' date=' 1 win against the Raiders in which Russell had to replace big time Gradkowski, keep reaching for them stars guy's.[/quote']

Pretty much. He also had a great game against the Saints but that doesn't mean that he needs to be locked into a 5-year deal after the season is over.

He's not going to be a QB that leads us to the playoffs on a regular basis, I think the best he can hope for now is a 1-year extension while the team revamps the offensive line and/or grooms a QB for the future.

But watch what you say, any criticism of Campbell and the #17 Police :cop: come out and start name-calling (hater/basher/etc. :blahblah:)

But trading the farm for cutler was the thing to do:hysterical:

It just shows when your oline sucks and your WR's dont get open your not going to be a world beater

I posted this back in October. True then, true now.

Former QB here.

JC has a wonderful arm that makes up for alot of his problems. He tends to lock in on a side of the field (not always just the receiver) and waits for the player to get open before throwing the ball (not all the time, but 70-80%). I would argue about half the QB's in the league do this though, it's not just him. Although most people will argue different, he does not throw a great deep ball. He really does not throw a great pass when teams play man against him. His problem is that he wants people to be open in space before trying to gun it in instead of leading his receivers to the spot. This all has been talked about at length before and is nothing new, but debating if JC is a bad/good/great QB is pointless, he is what he is. He will struggle against a team that plays man, checks the receivers at the line, and has good coverage. He will excel against teams that play zone. One of the HUGE reasons Zorn has to call crappy plays in the redzone is because of this.

He will struggle against a team that plays man, checks the receivers at the line, and has good coverage. He will excel against teams that play zone. One of the HUGE reasons Zorn has to call crappy plays in the redzone is because of this.

Then how do you account for JC's success in the redzone? He's ranked 3rd in the NFL within the 10 yard line and 6th in the NFL within the 20.

Aren't we top 5 in the league in redzone offense since Sherm Lewis took over? Zorn had to call crappy plays for JC, but Sherm can call good ones? I'm not sure I follow you here.

Back in october we were playing Ports, Moss, El, Cooley, Sellers down there.

Now we are playing Davis, Kelly, Thomas, Sellers/Yoder. Different people, different results.

Didn't we play the league's weakest schedule this year? His woefully average stats say it all. No need to mention his record as starter or dizzying point production.

JC is not as near as good as some people say his ... but i have always felt he is not as bad, and the last few games against top tiers proves that.

I think he is about where we see him now ...a little better than middle of the pack. Where is his QB rating ... he is about 15th I think.

He for the life of him can not throw on rhythm, and I refuse to believe our guys are that covered. He is tough as hell, he is a leader, and he has the physical and mental tools to be better than average ...great? no, real good, yes.

of course they're sad

Campbell is playing great, and becoming the leader of this team

:cool2:

I realize you're a huge homer and everything, but if you seriously think the last game proves that JC is becoming a leader you're delusional.

In fact, if you think the past three games mean he's becoming a leader, you're delusional.

His biggest problems, accuracy and leadership at the end of games haven't improved. He's still too slow to read defenses and get rid of the ball.

I'm ALL FOR JC becoming an elite QB and leading us back to glory. However, it will never happen with him under center.

Didn't we play the league's weakest schedule this year? His woefully average stats say it all. No need to mention his record as starter or dizzying point production.

Fat Stupid Loser, the word "woefully" is a little strong isn't it?

I mean, did you grow up in San Francisco in the 80's watching QB's? his numbers are not that bad.

I realize you're a huge homer and everything, but if you seriously think the last game proves that JC is becoming a leader you're delusional.
Everyone in DC should be congratulating our quarterback for another tough outing. In the classic words of Joe Gibbs "That guys gotta set." Beyond playing ballsy again this week Jason has continued to show his courage behind center. There is so much respect for 17 in the huddle and the locker room for is ability to not only drive our offense, but to relentlessly get off the ground. It's awesome how many times he saves drives for us in third down situations by moving in the pocket or running. I'm also blown away by his uncanny ability to slide before taking a hit - he shows his amazing athleticism every time! In my opinion this guy is the quarterback of our future.

from http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/

Back in october we were playing Ports, Moss, El, Cooley, Sellers down there.

Now we are playing Davis, Kelly, Thomas, Sellers/Yoder. Different people, different results.

So the fact that Campbell has thrown 7 TDs in the last 3 games has nothing to do with him? It's all the players around him?

Good to know.

So the fact that Campbell has thrown 7 TDs in the last 3 games has nothing to do with him? It's all the players around him?

Good to know.

lol, you know what, you are right forget it. The last three games tell me everything I need to know. Not any of the ones before that.

Seriously man. WTF?

It's bad enough when a guy with 5 posts starts a callout thread making the debate a personal issue and questioning the "aptitude" of anyone who disagrees with him. But when a mod stoops to this level it lowers the standard of the entire board. :doh:

Wow. Forgive me for not being so privileged…. .

It’s an observation and not a call out. Please note that my statements were pointed at SOME folks who are bashing JC. (Although I appreciate the credit you applied to me …. I feel like you just caught me asking for 1 quadrillion dollars (Mike Myers style) )

The point was and still remains that we should ,….. dare I say,.. BE MEASURED with our statements. No one on this thread can divorce JC’s play and stats from the horrible scheme and play calling or from the lack of line play and tired running game. But, some continue to think that those aspects of our offense has been average at best (implied) and should not be consider when grading his on field play, his leadership or his progression as a player (in the role for 3 yrs)

Whether he is here next year or not….. I would like to think (as storied Redskin fans) that we are smarter than that.

Well put.

In 5 years the JC love fest has found a game to hang their hats on' date=' 1 win against the Raiders in which Russell had to replace big time Gradkowski, keep reaching for them stars guy's.[/quote']

1 win, thats the only good performance you have seen in 5 years?

Our defense finally played like opposing defenses have been playing us basically in his entire tenure here. With no respect. Yet somehow the guy has hung in there and posted average numbers year after year despite being in one of the more dysfunctional organizations.

Having only 2 WR's and both of them short and somewhat one dimensional, coupled with a neglected offensive line for years, has made teeing off on Jason pretty darn easy to do. The WR's get pressed 24/7 and the Oline swarmed. Over and over.

Why wont the haters look at the bigger picture - no go to WR and no line. If Jason got to face passive defenses like ours normally is, he would have a field day. Moss and ARE would dominate with the cushions we give.

Archived