Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some JC Bashers are just sad,....

dc1

It was a technically a lie, but you were of the opinion that the 2nd int wasn't his fault at all. And that's what the argument was about.

Argument aside, it was a poor throw. Even the commentators explain why its a poor throw. Sorry, the CB is in position and the ball does not go over him.

Had you just argued that Jason took a chance down the field and it was a poor result then no one would've really taken issue.

The other 2 INTs were very much his fault, but I never said otherwise. He said that some posters were claiming that none of them were his fault; I know that I never said that, and I definetely never said he had a great game, just a great 3rd quarter. His overall game was very poor.

Does JC win games? Nope. Did Cassell? More than JC. And the Patriots as a team are not necessarily better than the Skins. I don't believe their defense is, and they have a lot of no-name offensive players.

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.

We went 8-8 last year, ending in a 2-6 swoon that was a TEAM problem. The Patriots went 16-0 the year previously. You can't say Cassel is better because he won more games because of the personnel he played with.

And, reiterating what other posters have said, you must not follow the NFL if you think the Patriots have a lot of no-name players on offense. Moss and Stallworth are big name guys and Welker is the best slot receiver in the game. Not to mention a couple of Pro Bowl linemen and very good, high draft picks like Ben Watson and Laurence Maroney. There's a reason they were number 1 in offense, and it wasn't all Brady.

I'm amazed at the statements that JC has only been good for the last 2 to 3 games or that he's very inconsistent.

What is inconsistent is

1: The memories of most of the posters on the site.

2: The aptitude or level of fundamental football concepts.

Between the last 6 games of 2008 and the first 7 of 2009: JC has played under arguably, the worst line in the NFL , a non existent running game and amateurish play calling (laughable as best).

He has been and should be applauded to have lived through it – as no other NFL QB could have been successful under those conditions – None!

Over the last 5 years we have seen how even the smallest amount of pressure disrupts the most prolific offenses and QBs in the league.

See Peyton Manning and the Steelers or Tom Brady’s and NE’s perfect season crumble around NY’s defensive line.

What has Changed?

Within the last 5 games we have seen:

• Sherm Lewis (s) offense bloom into what appears to be a basic pro offense (better than what we had).
  • The O-Line has provided more time – resulting in deeper (longer developing) and more consistent WR patterns as well as (to say the lest the occasional QB pocket)
  • The O-Line has provided more up front push - resulting in a more successful running game – and a sellable play action.

Very short list -

He may not be a top 10 QB (yet),.. but he’s not garbage.

What’s sad,.. is that most of the folks who bashed JC. Would have traded their left tennis ball to have Matt Cassel last off season…..

oh that’s right ..a consistent system, protection and a competent running game doesn’t mean anything…..

Completely agree with you. So many people are willing to say that Jason was terrible. Granted, there were games that he looked bad, but there are plenty of games where other QBs have looked bad. Too many people want him to be an elite QB and that is the standard in which he is measured and will never live up to. He is a QB that can win in this league provided the necessary tools are put in place and that seems to be happening now. He didn't have these things in place before.

Too bad the FO is going to draft someone like Claussen or Bradford for their QB. No guarantee that those guys are going to be able to step right in and win right away and then we will hear how those guys suck and should be cut or traded when we could have had Jason Campbell next year. It is too bad that he will probably go elsewhere and succeed because that is what homegrown Redskins do, come back to bite us on the backside.

Archived