Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(This Offseason) Pick a side and stick to it.

HRNY4ZRNY

This offseason is going to be very entertaining.

The Redskins future is filled with uncertainty. A possible new GM, Head Coach and QB could happen. I find myself torn on what to do. I realize I need to pick a side and stick with it. Just like our front office needs to do.

So here is your chance to say what you would do. Not what you think is going to happen but what you think the right thing is. So HC, GM, QB and Draft! What is your decision?

I am sticking to this win or lose for the rest of the season and the offseason.

We can't lose and say blow it up and win and say keep things the way they are. Their are high and low points in every season... Lets pick a side stick to it and then support it.

Vinny Cerrato stays... his draft picks in Thomas, Davis and even Kelly have really started to become involved in our offense. Brandon Lloyd didn't catch a single TD and didn't even have on big play the years he was here. These three have really showed promise. If Vinny can get us a quality offensive line in the offseason than he can redeem himself.

Jason Campbell stays... Jason will end the season with around 20 TD's. He has gotten beaten up all season and has shown tremendous heart. I think he is a great guy and even when things look horrible he is still saying the right things. With help next year in a new RB and OL Jason could have a better season than this year.

Jim Zorn stays (If Sherm Lewis does)... Zorn is a guy that can get better. He just isn't a good playcaller. He needed to focus more on other aspects than just JC. Jim Zorn said it takes 3 years for this offense to go. So let's all be patient and give him his last year.

DRAFT

This teams needs to build a great O Line with quality depth because injuries are a part of football. They also need an explosive RB and or WR.

The defense is not great but it is really good at times. You need to look to FA to fill in the areas you can use help and get more depth.

So here is my draft plan and Im sticking to it.

Trade Back

We need to trade back from where we are. If we end up at say pick 7 hopefully their is a team that needs a QB and covets are spot. We need to trade back a few spots and get an extra 2nd rounder.

With our 1st pick we need to get a playmaker. Someone like CJ Spiller. Than in round 2 with those 2 picks we get a RT and a RG. With our 4th pick we get a C. 5th and 7th we go best player available.

Free Agency

We look to free agency for a LT. We also need to resign Levi Jones either as a starter or back up. Any other OL that we think can serve as quality depth we pick up aswell.

If Dan wants 1 big name than fine. If it is an uncapped year than let him get Sproles or someone like that.

Other notes- Ganther should be our 3rd string RB next year, atleast get a chance to compete next offseason. Randle El should probably go now. Even though he is a pretty decent receiver he is horrible at PR and if he is on the team he will probably be back their at some point. Mitchell needs to get more reps and take over that spot. Maybe even compete for PR. Portis has to be cut. Landry must stay at SS so if Doughty can not cut it we need to look to FA for a FS.

If you can upgrade the 2nd string QB position than you do so.

Finally I would like to see Dan Snyder have a press conference and set the tone for this organization. Admit he has to take ownership of his mistakes. Let everyone know that egos will not be tolerated on this team anymore and the best player for the job will take the field not what their draft status is or how the "should" be playing better.

So pick your side and stick to it. Let's hear your plan and then see if it comes true.

Hire a competent GM, leave everything to him and walk away.

Thank God I am not the only one that feels this way. I know I am not a compitent GM so I want to get one in here and let him make all decisions.

AND NOT A HC/GM!!! That is two seperate jobs. Should be two seperate people!

:dallasuck

Until about three games ago, I felt the same way.

It's difficult to argue that the 2nd rounders from 2008 and the 2009 draft picks have been bad.

Vinny's inability to pick a good HC, though, is a problem.

The Redskins are Dan Snyder's "hobby". It is fun for him to draft players, sign free agents and be involved in meetings and talk about X's and O's. Hes not going to ever leave it to someone.

Our hobby is talking Skins going to games watching games. If I was the owner I would want to be involved. Snyder wants to get a superbowl championship but he wants to know he was a part of that and didn't just write the checks.

I felt that way all season until now. I'm not saying Vinny is comptent, but things seem to be going well for us right now. Also not saying Vinny is the reason for that either.

But our offense is playing better than it has in a long time. Besides the Cowboys game, we've been scoring at least 24 points a game lately and we've now scored 30 in back to back games. JC seems to be playing much better and the young guys are finally becoming more involved.

Now, while I'm all for bringing in a new GM, the only thing I'm worried about is that it will break up what we have going for us. We preach continuity so much and I'm afraid a new GM will get rid of what we have right now. If the offense was still struggling and JC was playing poorly, this would be a no-brainer. But things have changed and we look like a much better team. Whatever happens this offseason I just hope we make the right decisions. We all want a winner!

Hire strong GM and let him make all these decisions, and whatever they might be, I'm OK with it, because this guy will have a vision and see the big picture.

I doubt we will hire a GM though, so: Keep Zorn and Shermans to see if we can continue how we've looked offensively for the past few games. Keep JC regardless of drafting QB or not. Trade back for extra picks and draft O-line. QB can wait until 2011 draft.

Would like to see how these remaining games play out before I make 100% sure of what I'd like.

But being 90% sure of things I would like Vinny fired. Campbell I actually would bring back simply because we shouldnt be drafting a QB with all the issues we have on the OL plus Im not sure what qb's are out there at this point to pickup.........we need to get Okung or Williams if possible in the draft. Heyer is GARBAGE. Zorn....totally indifferent on but I think the NEW GM should make the JC and Zorn decisions.

Free Agency - hopefully a new GM doesnt sign any "superstars"...its a waste of money...have we not learned this by now? Haynesworth is a WASTE of 100mil and D.Hall is pretty much a waste in my opinion as well. Think of the other holes we could have addressed had it not been for these 2 thieves getting all that money.

We all know as much as we dont want to admit it that Snyder will get trigger happy and throw money at someone and then 10 weeks into 2010 the guy will turn out to be overpaid and a bust essentially.

How short our memories are! Last year the first half of the season every one thought we were going to end with a trophey. Then the second half of the year happened and everyone called for heads to roll. Then the first half of this year happened and everyone called for ALL heads to roll. Now the second half of this year, people are back to thinking we are only a few players away from a contender. :doh:

Vinny's head NEEDS to roll...everything else needs to be up to the new GM...

:point2sky

Keep the FO and the coaching staff the same. One of the main issues with this organization is the lack of stability and considering how the team is playing as the season is winding down, you don't really want to change too much. We've been down that path before. I don't expect Lewis to stay, but I also don't expect things to return to the status quo of last year. Zorn should understand that what happened ended up being the best for him and the team.

If it was my choice, Campbell stays. I've kinda been back and forth on that one, but I think he should be back. It doesn't mean that he never gets competition, but right now he's going to be the best we will have in the near term, and if you bring back Zorn, you need to bring back his QB.

FA: First off is to find out if Samuels and Portis are going to come back and base decisions on that. If Samuels doesn't come back, I might look to see if Levi Jones is a decent stopgap until a replacement can be found. It is uncertain if we should let Rabach go. He's the glue that holds this line together, but he's getting old and we could be better there. Rogers is probably gone. Rocky stays. I don't see much that would help this team in FA.

Drop Thomas and ARE, if possible.

Draft: OL needs to be the focus. At the very least we need to draft C and a RT who could grow into a LT. A running back should be a focus, at the very least as a changeup to Portis and at most as an eventual replacement for him. That could dovetail into punt returner as well.

On one hand we want Snyder to show patience on the other we want him to blow it up. Seems like a lose lose situation to him. If Snyder gives Zorn one more year atleast he let him fulfill his contract showed patience and then let the win loss column speak for themselves.

This team still has heart and a fire. We have young talent and some great vets. Orakpo was a great pick and might break the rookie record. With a great I mean great offseason this team can be what we all want it to be.

Keep the FO and the coaching staff the same. One of the main issues with this organization is the lack of stability and considering how the team is playing as the season is winding down, you don't really want to change too much. We've been down that path before. I don't expect Lewis to stay, but I also don't expect things to return to the status quo of last year. Zorn should understand that what happened ended up being the best for him and the team.

If it was my choice, Campbell stays. I've kinda been back and forth on that one, but I think he should be back. It doesn't mean that he never gets competition, but right now he's going to be the best we will have in the near term, and if you bring back Zorn, you need to bring back his QB.

FA: First off is to find out if Samuels and Portis are going to come back and base decisions on that. If Samuels doesn't come back, I might look to see if Levi Jones is a decent stopgap until a replacement can be found. It is uncertain if we should let Rabach go. He's the glue that holds this line together, but he's getting old and we could be better there. Rogers is probably gone. Rocky stays. I don't see much that would help this team in FA.

Drop Thomas and ARE, if possible.

Draft: OL needs to be the focus. At the very least we need to draft C and a RT who could grow into a LT. A running back should be a focus, at the very least as a changeup to Portis and at most as an eventual replacement for him. That could dovetail into punt returner as well.

Drop Randy Thomas or Devin Thomas?

Ditch Vinny. A cultural change is needed and the performance of the O-Line yesterday is the kind he needs to ask "Why should we work on the O-Line?"

Work on the Secondary.

I'm not convinced Zorn is HC material, but keep his hands away from a playbook if he remains. I don't think it's a coincidence the Offense put up better yards and points when he was forced to the back seat.

I'm also still not convinced Campbell is capable of being a clutch performer when the chips are down and two minutes to go, even as well as he has played lately.

Ditch Portis.

Uh, Randy Thomas, obviously. :silly:

HAHA well you said Randle El and Thomas. So I thought you were thinking WR.

Just checking. Randy Thomas would be a great backup. But I would probably keep a fresher Mike Williams instead. And Williams this year can work on strength more and not have to focus so much on losing the wieght.

I think that's a misatake. Let the season play out. It's possible given New Orleans, Philly, and now Oakland we are beginning to see the making of something, but it's also very possible that it's a mirage.

LOL.. That really about sums it up. Right now Im just glad that we have a few more games to play because if the season were over right now I think you have to fire Cerrato and Zorn. If we win the last 3 games then you have to rethink that and probably keep everything together.

We are still definately in the wait and see mode.

Archived