Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rivalry

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

2004-05 will probably go down as my least favorite season ever. I went to the Skins-Bengals game and had to scalp tix cuz ours had been damaged. The Skins were mediocre again. But the worst of all, Terrell Owens became a Philadelphia Eagle. Well, You must be saying "So what?" Well, I 'll tell you. Being in 6th grade, all of my friends had lost patience with the Deadskins. The Eagles were more attractive with McNabb and T.O. than the SKins' with Brunell and Gibbs. Nearly every kid jumped to the Eagles. I was one of maybe 3 that stayed on the light side. Going to school on Monday was HELL. After the Skins would lose and Philly would win (which happened alot), I would fake illnesses to stay home. I hated going to school because I knew they would give me S*** and I had no comeback.

Your probably thinking why does this matter? Well, because in the next decade, I feel that Eagles are gonna take the Cowboys' place as our main rival. I know some older fans may think I'm crazy but Philly has gained more fans in this area in the last 5 years than the Skins' have in the ame amount of time.

I hate the Eagles more than I hate any other sports team (and ever other 'Skins fan I know thats my age does too). I'm a Yankees fan but I would buy a Pedroia jersey before a McNabb. Anybody who went to the MNF game this year had to notice how many youthful Philly fans were there cuz I certainly did. EVen girls who obviously knew nothing about football were wearing McNabb jerseys...smh. Anyway, I'll stop whining and ask my question: Has anybody else noticed how many Philly fans have been running around lately? Or has it always been this way and I never noticed? Lastly, do you think I'm right about The Eagles eventually replacing the Girls as our chief rivals? I'm thinking only younger fans will really get what i'm trying to say.:eaglesuck

just ask those eagles fans how many Super Bowl rings do they have. That usually stops the conversation. We may not be winning much lately, but even with all the good luck the Eagles are experiencing, they still choke away the big game and haven't won anything meaningful. Ever.

just ask those eagles fans how many Super Bowl rings do they have. That usually stops the conversation. We may not be winning much lately, but even with all the good luck the Eagles are experiencing, they still choke away the big game and haven't won anything meaningful. Ever.

Yeah...thats always my argument but some are just so obnoxious that it doesnt matter...

I live in Allentown, so yeah I've been noticing a few Philly fans lately...

When I was in high school back in Maryland though, I had a few friends that jumped ship to the Eagles and Giants. It was annoying but it didn't bother me too much: they were clearly fair weather fans. They couldn't name half of the players or talk serious football outside of "REDSKINS SUCK! [iNSERT TEAM HERE] ARE GONNA KICK THEIR ASSES!" I assumed that within a few years when their teams go through tough times they will make a half assed attempt to tell everyone they are sticking with their team through the tough times, then hide the jerseys in the closet and not mention football for 5 years until their team is good again.

Thats how those fans operate, and hey, at least if the Redskins ever get really dominant you'll have a bunch of converted idiots walking around saying they were just confused about being Eagles/Giants/Cowboys/popular team at the moment fans, and they're D.C. fans at heart!

Oh well.

Honestly, that comment has gotten more and more useless as the years go by and our team gets worse and worse.

Honestly, that comment has gotten more and more useless as the years go by and our team gets worse and worse.

Not really.

We swept them last year, they swept us this year. It's a wash unless you look at history, and we own them.

As for the OP, man, you grow up in a different world. Nothing beats our rivalry with the Cowboys, ever.

Lot of people starting wearing Eagles stuff then because they were a dominant team in the early half of this decade. They still are a good team but not like they were through 2004. Once McNabb retires, who knows what happens.

As for the Cowboys, neither them nor the Skins have done anything of note in almost 15 seasons, which has dampened the rivalry somewhat.

Not really.

We swept them last year, they swept us this year. It's a wash unless you look at history, and we own them.

As for the OP, man, you grow up in a different world. Nothing beats our rivalry with the Cowboys, ever.

So we own them but can't make the playoffs? I would much rather get swept by ________ but make the playoffs each year then the crap we have put out for the last almost 20 years now.

Cowboys and Indians will always be the rivalry. Hell after watching Reid and McNabb get so close year after year all I feel for them is sorry. The Eagles will never rival the Cowboys.

If any other team were to make that change it would have to be the Giants. Hate to say this but the Giants own us, it's really not that much of a contest. Our teams record against them is 62 Wins, 89 Losses, with 4 Ties. The last time we beat the Giants was in 2007 and this decade we've had 6 wins and 13 losses. We play them 2ce a year and we can't seem to ever beat them. If anyone wants to replace the Cowboys as our hated rivalry I nominate the Giants. I want to beat them more then the Pukes now anyway

the giants and eagles are main rivals, both are jersey teams, they are like 88 miles apart.

The eagles consider the giants and cowboys their main rivals.

The giants consider the eagles and the cowboys their main rivals.

Current Cowboy fans consider the Giants and the Eagles their rivals, in that order.

We are fodder. Trust me.

the giants and eagles are main rivals, both are jersey teams, they are like 88 miles apart.

The eagles consider the giants and cowboys their main rivals.

The giants consider the eagles and the cowboys their main rivals.

Current Cowboy fans consider the Giants and the Eagles their rivals, in that order.

We are fodder. Trust me.

I'm not sure that the Cowboys consider us third on their rivalry list. I admit though, there needs to be some sort of competition within the division to be a true rival.

The Redskins have routinely come in either 3rd or 4th place in the NFC East over the past decade:

It's hard to be taken seriously enough to build a rivalry when a team sucks as bad as we do, relative to our division.

Funny stuff. A 16 year old telling us he stuck with the Redskins when others went with the Eagles bandwagon. And you tell us you are a Yankees fan. Pot meet kettle. And I'm saying this assuming you live in the DC area. I know the Nats weren't around, but like me you could have picked the Orioles to be your team since they were the next closest team. The Sens left when I was 4, so the Orioles were the team in the area I grew up rooting for.

Funny stuff. A 16 year old telling us he stuck with the Redskins when others went with the Eagles bandwagon. And you tell us you are a Yankees fan. Pot meet kettle. And I'm saying this assuming you live in the DC area. I know the Nats weren't around, but like me you could have picked the Orioles to be your team since they were the next closest team. The Sens left when I was 4, so the Orioles were the team in the area I grew up rooting for.

Yeah it sounds weird but my grandpa was from new york and he is the real reason why baseball is so important to me. So i associate baseball with him and the yankees. But Cal Ripken and the Orioles were my first baseball love. Its hard to root for a team that brings up great young players only to trade them for old washed up losers...smh. They only time they tried to make noise was by getting javy lopez, miguel tejada, rafael palmeiro, and aubrey huff...not exactly franchise centerpieces. But I still do root for the orioles when the yanks arent playing but the yankees are probably second to only the skins for me, which really is a shame.

Im actually in the same boat with the OP. I HATE Philly more than Dallas. Yep I said it. Say what you want to say, but Philly fans are WORSE than Dallas fans......thats a fact.

Have you seen the way these people act in our stadium? Its sick. I wish nothing but awful things to happen to that team. I would rather Dallas win the superbowl, then the Eagles.....

I know im in the minority.......I'll go wash my mouth out now...

Wow, I know exactly what u were going through. All I can say is that I can feel your pain with eagles fans.

They have been the strongest and most consistent team in the division almost all decade. They have some truly annoying fans

They dont hold a candle to the Cowboys...

I actualy respect the Eagles players and franchise as being well run and professional.

The only Cowboy I have EVER felt that way about was Emmitt Smith. Every other player on their team just makes me sick. There is just something about them declaring themselves "Americas Team" that doesnt sit well with me...

So agree to disagree

go to cowboyzone and everyone there will agree that giants/eagle games matter more than any redskins game.

ask all the players on the cowboys team, and they'll say giants/eagles, b/c the skins aren't relevant in the playoff picture. Sure we've beaten the boys several times, but in the grand scheme of things in todays NFL, we are 3rd on the list. No one cares about historical rivalries like they used to (except this board), especially when we suck.

Archived