Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per: RI Marty speaks up, talks about Snyder and Vinny what we already know

cmoskins80

I misread you, then. I thought that you were advocating for Snyder to be the general manager because he would be good.

You're saying that until he has no one to blame, he will laud himself, correct?

That is correct. However, I am not assuming he would be a failure. If he has top tier scouts and information given to him, he can make good decision in terms of choosing between talent. Also, if he is making all of the decisions and knows he will be accountable to himself with no one to blame, he might temper the rash decisions he has been involved with in the past. Like the Jason Taylor and TJ Duckett deals.

If he is a failure, then he would be willing to step back. Right now he is not there. A GM will only add one more person to blame in the mix.

You don't think Marty just took a gratuitous shot at DS?

The only reason I like DS is because he spends money and takes chances. Consider the alternative...an owner who won't spend and will intentionally take a low round guy in the first round to save money through paying a smaller contract (see, Bidwell of Arizona, whose recent success has been predicated on finally spending some money.)

Marty had full control and could only muster 8-8...and, he's such a lovable guy, he was fired from a team he took to the playoffs twice and ended in one and dones.

I guess he's pathetic at picking players who can win playoff games...

He also gotr us in good cap position by dumping a few players considering the scrubs he had and cap limitations 8-8 was awesome taht season

Sam Shade.... ugh...

:hysterical:

I know.

Some not so nice memories associated with some names.

All I wanted to show is that for those who say "Marty inherited a better team" that in point of fact that both coaches made enough changes that the previous year's team record meant nothing.

For me the name that provides the "ugh" reaction was Zeron Flemister. I so bought into the hype that he was a raw project and was going to be our next great pass catching tight end in time.

I wonder what Dan Snyder fans are going to be saying when Dan stops spending money. People need to realize that everything Dan touches turns to garbage lately and this team has the angriest fans I've ever seen. Soon those seeming "infinite resources" are going to become finite and indeed small.

We saw the first hint of this when they refused to fire Zorn for fear of having to pay him, opting instead to try to make him quit. I'm thinking the reason you don't hear of the Redskins being in the running for the biggest name coaches isn't just because Dan is a complete idiot and Vinnie is a yes man... I think Dan isn't offering near top dollar anymore.

I wonder what Dan Snyder fans are going to be saying when Dan stops spending money. People need to realize that everything Dan touches turns to garbage lately and this team has the angriest fans I've ever seen. Soon those seeming "infinite resources" are going to become finite and indeed small.

We saw the first hint of this when they refused to fire Zorn for fear of having to pay him, opting instead to try to make him quit. I'm thinking the reason you don't hear of the Redskins being in the running for the biggest name coaches isn't just because Dan is a complete idiot and Vinnie is a yes man... I think Dan isn't offering near top dollar anymore.

That is a very interesting point. The money minting machiene isn't quite like it was 4 years ago

Oh. I guess Marty wouldn't have the power to fire Vinny again like he did in '01... ;)

See, that's exactly what a power struggle is. VERY rarely do two people vying for one position of authority enter the playing ground on equal footing. Almost always, as was the case with Marty and Vinny, it's a scenario where the lesser of the two (Vinny) goes above the head of the current holder of said authority (Marty), and tries to convince the true power (Dan) why he or she should be the one in charge. In Vinny's case, Marty caught on fast, and temporarily won the power struggle by eliminating him from the equation.

In truth, Vinny won the war, however.

So yes, it absolutely was a power struggle b/t two men in high-ranking positions. I don't call that embarrassing, I call it life.

If that's the case, and I hope it becomes the case, I believe Snyder will be forced to sell.

I mean, it's not like he has a bunch of other successful ventures to bridge him through a rough patch with the Skins. Right now, the Skins are the only really profitable asset he owns.

If he ****s it up, I think he has to sell.

So, would Marty make a good GM replacement?

Absolutely not! Let's not forget this buffoon was trying to "coach up" Darrell Green so he could "improve" at the cornerback position...give me a freakin' break :doh:

Must have missed Marty's Super Bowl rings and All-Pro selections when I read his resume. Suggesting Marty Shottenheimer was a successful coach is laughable at best and actually closer to ludicrous. We don't need him to come back to Washington although I think he'd make an excellent Coach-GM for the Cokeboys;)

Absolutely not! Let's not forget this buffoon was trying to "coach up" Darrell Green so he could "improve" at the cornerback position...give me a freakin' break :doh:

Must have missed Marty's Super Bowl rings and All-Pro selections when I read his resume. Suggesting Marty Shottenheimer was a successful coach is laughable at best and actually closer to ludicrous. We don't need him to come back to Washington although I think he'd make an excellent Coach-GM for the Cokeboys;)

Need to work on your reading.

Talking about Marty as GM, not coach.

Plus, that stuff he did ended up working. Like they said on 980. Its easier to start with the hammer down and ease up.....not the other way around. He got the team to get together against HIM....and they started winning games.

You Marty lovers make me laugh. He wasn't a good coach and he would make a worse GM. If vinny would just shut up and not act like such dweeb/media whore I think people would be more likely to see the problem for what it is. The team is old and overpaid but above all else we don't have a winner/leader at QB.

You Marty lovers make me laugh. He wasn't a good coach and he would make a worse GM. If vinny would just shut up and not act like such dweeb/media whore I think people would be more likely to see the problem for what it is. The team is old and overpaid but above all else we don't have a winner/leader at QB.

You do understand that Vinny is responsible for that old and overpaid team that does not have a Franchise QB right?

The guy was 8-3 in his last 11 games with the Skins. He is a winner. He shouldn't be blamed for Byner's fumble inside the five or a boneheaded fumble on a fourth down pick against Brady. Those were great teams. Marv Levy had no SB victories, but he was a brilliant coach. Marty's firing may just be the biggest mistake in a sea of mistakes during the Snyder era.

Archived