Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per: RI Marty speaks up, talks about Snyder and Vinny what we already know

cmoskins80

I just don't understand what leads him to believe he can evaluate this stuff. It boggles the mind.

I blame Marty.

In the 2001 draft, Dan Snyder wanted the Redskins to select Santana Moss. Marty over-ruled Dan and chose Rod Gardner.

I think the production of the two players has directly convinced Dan that he is as, if not more, capable of making player decisions than other NFL GM's.

I think Dan might actually be correct. Bringing in a GM right now will result in the way Marty was sent packing in my opinion. Everyone was so happy when Vinny was promoted because he would have full accountability. That is still not the case.

Dan should simply make himself GM and accountable. Give himself 3 or 4 years and make an honest evaluation then.

If he hired enough competent talent evaluators in the scouting department and was being provided honest accurate information and not what he wants to hear, I think he could make successful decisions.

I blame Marty.

In the 2001 draft, Dan Snyder wanted the Redskins to select Santana Moss. Marty over-ruled Dan and chose Rod Gardner.

I think the production of the two players has directly convinced Dan that he is as, if not more, capable of making player decisions than other NFL GM's.

I think Dan might actually be correct. Bringing in a GM right now will result in the way Marty was sent packing in my opinion. Everyone was so happy when Vinny was promoted because he would have full accountability. That is still not the case.

Dan should simply make himself GM and accountable. Give himself 3 or 4 years and make an honest evaluation then.

If he hired enough competent talent evaluators in the scouting department and was being provided honest accurate information and not what he wants to hear, I think he could make successful decisions.

Somehow I see Dan, if he added the title "GM" to his list of titles right behind Generalissimo, draft players based on marketability instead of if they actually help the team. Dan is a money maker first, and someone who made his money in marketing. He'll have a lot of pieces that won't fit together, IMO.

Kind of like we have right now.

Vinny Cerrato is about as good of an evaluator of top round talent as there is in the NFL. He has rarely missed on a 1st to 2nd round pick that wasn't influenced heavily by others like Campbell, Jacobs, etc.

He has brought in good players in those rounds. He isn't a great evaluator at the QB position. Jim Druckenmiller. That is all.

Well no it isn't. Vinny sucks at everything else, and he doesn't know the manner in which you build a team- the lines.

I might as well start following the Ravens. They're a fun team to watch, and I live two mins away from M&T.

Sigh...I love my Redskins, but I seriously just cant stand this owners heroics anymore. Someone please assassinate him, I'm serious.

<Mod edit: Member banned for above comment>

I might as well start following the Ravens. They're a fun team to watch, and I live two mins away from M&T.

Sigh...I love my Redskins, but I seriously just cant stand this owners heroics anymore. Someone please xxxxxxxxxxx him, I'm serious.

I'm as fed up as the next guy about this debacle we all so dearly love but this is out of line by a long shot!

Sigh...I love my Redskins, but I seriously just cant stand this owners heroics anymore. Someone please assassinate him, I'm serious.

Dude, you should probably tone it down a bit...this really isn't necessary.

HTTR!

Vinny Cerrato is about as good of an evaluator of top round talent as there is in the NFL. He has rarely missed on a 1st to 2nd round pick that wasn't influenced heavily by others like Campbell, Jacobs, etc.

He has brought in good players in those rounds. He isn't a great evaluator at the QB position. Jim Druckenmiller. That is all.

Well no it isn't. Vinny sucks at everything else, and he doesn't know the manner in which you build a team- the lines.

But, Rock, the problem is an NFL doesn't win on just first- and second-round picks. You need a full TEAM of players who either can carry the load or fill in should we lose those first- and second-rounders to injury. This is why the team is playing the way it is now. Top-heavy contracts on the superstars and sexy positions while ignoring depth and building up your offensive and defensive lines.

I have decided I won't be renewing my season tickets if Vinny is not fired. Next year I will sit in my Redskins room and watch the games from my Lazy Boy.

Screw Snyderatto!

It's why I gave up my tickets after last season. Now, I'm just sitting back at home on Sundays and watching all the drama unfold.

...and, Marty sucks a playoff games.

Marty felt this way when he was here in 2001 and was GM and coach...a condition of his employment was having all personnel decisions.

One thing Marty doesn't lack is a huge ego, a big mouth, and an inability to win big games.

This is old news about bad blood.

Just sayin'.

Archived