Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per: RI Marty speaks up, talks about Snyder and Vinny what we already know

cmoskins80

Possibly the most repeated, over-exaggerated line on this website.

I wonder if we'll start to see demands for new ownership, a "real" GM, blowing up the whole team, and a bunch of upside down logo's over on the Steelers boards?

I mean, what kind of organization starts off 6-2, then loses 5 in row, including the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns.:silly:

On organization that won the Superbowl in 2005 and 2008, please don't compare the Redskins to the Steelers :doh:

I don't really enjoy the wins at all anymore. I feel like they push us back in the draft. Maybe next year that will change, but winning now only hurts us.

More to the point, I feel like wins somehow create validation in Dan and Vinny's minds that things are OK and that the organization is sound and doesn't need a complete overhaul (which it does).

Cool...that's what I figured. I was curious if anyone was going to actually quit following the team. I was pretty sure that wasn't what you meant.

Its doubtful that any of us will do that.

HOWEVER, don't be surprised if the Skins are unable to convert new fans, keep old ones excited enough to buy merchandise, continue to stay the top sports ticket in the DC area.

Fans can put up with incompetence for only so long.

Thumbs up to Marty for actually saying this in public -- we hear plenty of negative rumors about Vinny "through the grapevine" so it's nice when someone mans up and answers a question about him like this.

I prefer it to the Vinny strategy CYA strategy of whining about stuff to Chris Mortenson, so Mort can then go on ESPN and report that "a Redskins source privately says Jim Zorn is terrible."

So thank you Marty.

Thanks also for being the ONLY COACH DAN SNYDER HAS EVER HIRED who does not have a losing record.

I know it was just an 8-8, but that speaks volume's about what the Snyderrato regime has done to our franchise that 8-8 is looked at as the glory age.

No offense to your "friend who knows someone on the inside at Redskins Park," but this sounds like a lot of crap.

I understand that some of you guys hate Snyder... fine, just try and separate the hate from the truth.

Believe what you want, but it's true. I don't personally know the guy. He's my friends neighbor. He talked to the guy right after the draft and this is the story he was told. There's no way I would compromise who it is.

More to the point, I feel like wins somehow create validation in Dan and Vinny's minds that things are OK and that the organization is sound and doesn't need a complete overhaul (which it does).

Yep. As excited as I am for Thomas and Davis, I feel that this, too, validates Vinny's role.

And I don't think that anyone who is still on this board will leave this team, ever. If you're posting, then you care enough to stay.

He probably doesn't want to "evaluate" anyone, he just wants to also take a look and see what Vinny and the scouts are seeing. If I was the owner, I might want to accompany the GM and scouts that are looking at a potential top pick.

Just because he came with does not mean he is making decisions.

He probably doesn't want to "evaluate" anyone, he just wants to also take a look and see what Vinny and the scouts are seeing. If I was the owner, I might want to accompany the GM and scouts that are looking at a potential top pick.

Just because a person with a drug addiction is around drugs doesn't mean that they're doing the drugs, right?

Yep. As excited as I am for Thomas and Davis, I feel that this, too, validates Vinny's role.

And I don't think that anyone who is still on this board will leave this team, ever. If you're posting, then you care enough to stay.

Its one thing to love the team and discuss it on a message board and a completely different thing to continue putting hard-earned money towards season tickets/merchandise/concessions.

You do the former because you are a fan, you do the latter because you are delusional.

Wins also create validation in my mind that things are alright, while losses do the opposite. If it works, it works, if it doesn't fix it. Simple.

Just his presence changes the dynamic of the situation. Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Its one thing to love the team and discuss it on a message board and a completely different thing to continue putting hard-earned money towards season tickets/merchandise/concessions.

You do the former because you are a fan, you do the latter because you are delusional.

Agreed, but you also do the latter because you're brainwashed into doing it.

thumbs up to marty for actually saying this in public -- we hear plenty of negative rumors about vinny "through the grapevine" so it's nice when someone mans up and answers a question about him like this.

I prefer it to the vinny strategy cya strategy of whining about stuff to chris mortenson, so mort can then go on espn and report that "a redskins source privately says jim zorn is terrible."

so thank you marty.

Thanks also for being the only coach dan snyder has ever hired who does not have a losing record.

I know it was just an 8-8, but that speaks volume's about what the snyderrato regime has done to our franchise that 8-8 is looked at as the glory age.

+1 !

Wins also create validation in my mind that things are alright, while losses do the opposite. If it works, it works, if it doesn't fix it. Simple.

Depends on how long of a timeline you are talking about.

I like to consider the entire 10 year body of Snyderatto work than the last month or so.

Call me crazy.

Believe what you want, but it's true. I don't personally know the guy. He's my friends neighbor. He talked to the guy right after the draft and this is the story he was told. There's no way I would compromise who it is.

With all due respect, I don't believe third party 'stories' at all. I barley believe two party stories.

I like Marty but I really didn't like Marty ball. One of his worse choices coming here was the OC he brought with him, Jimmy Raye II. IMO, JR II was the reason our offense was so inept in 2001. 2001 Redskins Offense Scored 256 points (16.0/g), 28th of 31 in the NFL. I'm not putting a lot of stock in what ex-football radio or TV personalities have to say about anything. They have to create a buzz so people will listen to their show.

...and, Marty sucks a playoff games.

Marty felt this way when he was here in 2001 and was GM and coach...a condition of his employment was having all personnel decisions.

One thing Marty doesn't lack is a huge ego, a big mouth, and an inability to win big games.

This is old news about bad blood.

Just sayin'.

At least Marty gets to the playoffs. That would be a big improvement over what we have here. A franchise that alot of people are laughing at.

Marty Ball sucked when he was here...
Oh, ignorance. It seems to live on this board. :doh:

Have you ever stopped to think about what Marty had to work with while he was here? Do you have a clue how much he was fixing things while he was here? He was changing this team around, putting it in a position to be an annual contender again. He was cleaning up the roster and the cap, and was able to pull off a non-losing season while doing it, and with TONY FREAKIN' BANKS as his QB.

Stop posting in threads that you no nothing about.

Archived