Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Graham "onions" Gano

Joespn

You mean the one where he outkicked his coverage and the Raiders returned it to the 50? You can't line drive a kickoff and let the return man get a 20 yd sprint before our coverage gets there. His first kickoff and the two touchbacks were great. This kickoff sucked.

Suisham's kick wouldn't have even made it to the 50.:silly:

When you are pinned that far back, just let her rip, and hopefully someone is fast enough to make a play.

He kicked the hell out of that ball.

You mean the one where he outkicked his coverage and the Raiders returned it to the 50? You can't line drive a kickoff and let the return man get a 20 yd sprint before our coverage gets there. His first kickoff and the two touchbacks were great. This kickoff sucked.

You're forgetting that was kicked 15 yards back from where we normally would because of Fred Davis's TD celebration.

The guy looks pretty good, considering Suisham and his ability why wasn't Gano here to compete with SS from the start? Our personnel dept. decided to stick with a below avg. kicker to begin with. This neglect and attitude that certain positions are merely after thoughts and not overly important of the effort to upgrade is also why we lost 2 games minimum so far this season, it also shows the mind set of Snyderatto.

The guy looks pretty good' date=' considering Suisham and his ability why wasn't Gano here to compete with SS from the start? Our personnel dept. decided to stick with a below avg. kicker to begin with. This neglect and attitude that certain positions are merely after thoughts and not overly important of the effort to upgrade is also why we lost 2 games minimum so far this season, it also shows the mind set of Snyderatto.[/quote']

Poor scouting, and a poor FO.

You're forgetting that was kicked 15 yards back from where we normally would because of Fred Davis's TD celebration.

No, I realize it was kicked from the 15. If he had kicked it to the 30 with hang time, the Raiders most likely would not have run it back to the 50. That is the only complaint I have oh Gano for the day. Great kickoffs and looked good from outside 40.

No....I don't think he is. What he's saying is that, in that situation, it's better to pop it up to about the 25-30 yard line so that your coverage team has a chance to get down there, not simply boom a line-drive and allow a good return.

Granted, I didn't really think the kick was that much of a line-drive, so I was okay with it. Just not the best coverage.

^ I'm too slow :(

If nothing else, Gano can boot kickoffs.

I know he struggled in Baltimore and I've been weary of him since, but hopefully he keeps playing solid.

Washington is very forgiving of kickers. I mean, Suisham missed 10 last year, and a playoff FG the year before, and it still took him this long to get fired. He'll be fine so long as he makes kicks any of us can make.

The guy looks pretty good' date=' considering Suisham and his ability why wasn't Gano here to compete with SS from the start? Our personnel dept. decided to stick with a below avg. kicker to begin with. This neglect and attitude that certain positions are merely after thoughts and not overly important of the effort to upgrade is also why we lost 2 games minimum so far this season, it also shows the mind set of Snyderatto.[/quote']

I assume we wanted Suisham to have a vote of confidence after having such a bad year. It wasn't too bad of an idea, considering Suisham was perfect up until two weeks ago.

];7109127']If nothing else' date=' Gano can boot kickoffs.

I know he struggled in Baltimore and I've been weary of him since, but hopefully he keeps playing solid.

Washington is very forgiving of kickers. I mean, Suisham missed 10 last year, and a playoff FG the year before, and it still took him this long to get fired. He'll be fine so long as he makes kicks any of us can make.

I assume we wanted Suisham to have a vote of confidence after having such a bad year. It wasn't too bad of an idea, considering Suisham was perfect up until two weeks ago.[/quote']

He's not afraid to take a hit either, but I assume lack of kickers that could obviously beat out Suisham weren't available.

Gano is young and hopefully a stable kicker for us.

Love the Gano!!

And I hope that Vinny won't get more credit than he should for signing Gano, dude went to a major program and won the Groza award so it's not like he was some great find by Vinny. Gano was the obvious choice to bring in.

I'll say this, if he does well against the Giants and hits a game-winner against the Turds in two weeks, he'll be able to run for Mayor of D.C. the next day and win.

that's a good point, but you've gotta admit that the kick itself was impressive. that reminds me of when vick was at v-tech he threw an interception, but the highlight was how easily he threw the ball 75 yards in the air. you're right that he probably should've kicked it shorter, but it was impressive that he kicked it that far.

I will go on record as saying that Gano will be one of the best (if not the best) FG kicker we will have ever had. I followed him at FSU. He was money in the bank. He made clutch FG after clutch FG for FSU and won FSU quite a few ballgames during his senior season. Need I mention he was named MVP of the Champs Sports Bowl during his senior year and he earned the MVP honors for that game from his PUNTING. Gano also will consistently have deep kickoffs. The man can do it all (he is also a great open field tackler and has decent speed as well). Graham "onions" Gano is as rock solid as they come. Everyone will be in for a pleasant surprise.

From what I saw on sunday, he did everything right. I was pleasantly surprised.:D

Archived