Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Graham "onions" Gano

Joespn

When is the last kick-off we have had go into the endzone and not returned. Um, 17 years before today. I am on the Gano team.

I cant remember one in my lifetime, hell I cant remember a touchback! Can we just go ahead and sign him to a lifetime contract!

Suisham was 100% here earlier on this season.

Gano looks pretty good now, but I'm still holding judgment.

Right there with you. Hesitant mancrush for now. Only put the custom jersey on three-day shipping to demonstrate my pause.

Suisham couldn't even kick off into the end zone. I hate to say it -- but I have an instant mancrush on Gano.

It's amazing how the mood changes here week-to-week

Week to week? Try the game thread. Minute to minute there!

As mentioned in another thread, his touchbacks were really thing to see. The guy is off to a nice start and hopefully he'll continue to be solid for the Skins for the rest of year. IMO, holding a kicking competition going into TC next year would not be a bad thing for Gano. It might actually motivate the guy, unlike his predecessor.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we've solved our kicking problems for the next decade. I'm usually a bit more skeptical, but watching him today, I have a feeling about this kid.

He's taken his lumps in getting cut already by an NFL team and facing the prospect of working for a living, which is almost a rite of passage for a successful NFL kicker. He's experienced making the most important field goal in a franchise's history, albeit in the UFL (whatever that is). He's shown he's got a major league leg by kicking 50 yarders routinely in college and by booming kick-offs into the endzone.

I've got a feeling about this guy...

excellent performance, it was nice not to be worried when he lined up for a 40+ field goal, his kickoffs were excellent, i got a kick out of it when the announcers were talking about how he was introducing himself to the team after he kicked his first field goal " hi im your kicker" "hi my name is Gano" lol

Archived